Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
4.05 / 5 based on 10,294 Reviews
- The second you put it on, the powerful gel with breakthrough technology starts to dissolve surface oil on the skin.
- With oil out of the way the clinically proven acne medicine can then penetrate pores.
- The medication starts to clear pimples immediately, with maximum strength 2% Salicylic acid.
- Pimples are reduced in size, swelling and redness, and the formula won’t over-dry your skin.
- Voila! Pimple looks better. Now get out there and have some fun!
Skin Need: Oil, Pimples
- Because this is a medicine, it’s super important to start with clean skin.
- So wash your face then apply a thin layer over your face. You can do this up to 3 times a day.
- If your skin starts to dry out or peel, reduce your use to once a day.
Salicylic Acid (2%)
Water SD Alcohol 40-B Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water Polyacrylamide Glycerin C13-14 Isoparaffin Cyclopentasiloxane C12-15 Alkyl Lactate Alcohol Laureth-7 Phenoxyethanol Cetyl Lactate PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate Polysorbate 20 Phenethyl Dimethicone Fragrance Dehydroxanthan Gum Propylene Glycol Benzalkonium Chloride Ammonium Hydroxide Tetrasodium EDTA Butylene Glycol Capryloyl Glycine Sarcosine Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract Portulaca Oleracea Extract
For external use only.
When using this product
- Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- Rinse right away with water if it gets in eyes
Top Questions See all 1,687 Q&A
Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
- "honestly i like this prodcut and it does help get rid of pimpples but it peels your skin and leaves the area very dry and if i put makeup over it it just looks ugly but it does what it says it would" in 51 reviews
- "this worked wonders for me but i found after a while of using it stopped working for me?im not sure if i used it too much that my skin got used to it or what but it works great it didnt dry out my skin or anything and it did what it claimed to do!" in 47 reviews
- "I used these clean and clear product when i have a big zit..it sting when applying but the next day is gone leaving a acne mark." in 40 reviews
- "I put some of this on after my moisturizer at night and by morning the swelling has gone down and if i reapply the pimple will go away after a day or 2." in 37 reviews
- "This is a life saver everytime I feel a big prople coming I put this one and boom next morning its gone its soo good and cheap" in 24 reviews
This is my go-to spot treatment. I put this on blemishes a day or two in a row and the swelling and redness minimizes. The blemish will either disappear or come to head. I rarely go a night without using it.
When I have acne because of my period I always put this product on it and it makes my redness go always and it also makes my acne look smaller that what it is and it doesn't burn your skin when you put it on, for the price it is excellent, wish they had something like this but for oily skin
This spot treatment is honestly better than a lot of high end products. I use this at night, the minute you feel or see a blemish coming and I put a little bit of this on it - the blemish literally disappears or is drastically smaller by the time I wake up the next morning - its incredible.
It has been awhile since I last used this product. I was always able to purchase this product at the drug store or the grocery store. This product didn't help with my acne spots to the point that I thought they would. There definitely could be room for improvement on this product!
This product worked for me when I had pimples. I used it at night and on the next day, it was much better (not completely dissapeared) but much better. I think Clean and Clear is a good way to start removing your acne. But I just stopped using it and moved to Neutrogena (which I find better)
This spot treatment is a lifesaver! When I travel or when I have an event to attend I always have it handy. Stress the environment can get the best of your skin but if you have the right tools handy everything will work out fine. This is one of my favorite Clean & Clear products!
This product was not the greatest. When looking for a spot treatment, I want something that’s going to disappear pimples over night. This did not do that. It took several applications before the acne started to disappear. Also, this had salicylic acid in it which makes my skin break out.
This stings your spots really bad but it works. If you feel a new pimple coming in and you put this on then it will stop it from coming up to the surface. I highly recommend to anyone struggling with acne.
I loved this product. For otc acne treatment I found it to work well. I also like the scent. It was refreshing and didn't have a medicated smell. It only takes a small amount it seemed so mine lasted awhile. It was reasonably priced and found at Walmart. Drugstores should have it as well.
This product work very well for spot treatment. If I would have a pimple just pop up, I will apply this right on the zit and the next day, the pimple as either decreased in size or has totally disappeared.
Q & A
Did anyone experience dryness with this product?
I know you can use this as a spot treatment and just dab it on the pimples, but can you put a thin layer all over your face to prevent new ones from appearing?
Is it worth the money since they're small?
Does this burn?
Did it dry out anyone elses face where you applied it? I'm not a fan of this
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos