Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
4.05 / 5 based on 10,328 Reviews
- The second you put it on, the powerful gel with breakthrough technology starts to dissolve surface oil on the skin.
- With oil out of the way the clinically proven acne medicine can then penetrate pores.
- The medication starts to clear pimples immediately, with maximum strength 2% Salicylic acid.
- Pimples are reduced in size, swelling and redness, and the formula won’t over-dry your skin.
- Voila! Pimple looks better. Now get out there and have some fun!
Skin Need: Oil, Pimples
- Because this is a medicine, it’s super important to start with clean skin.
- So wash your face then apply a thin layer over your face. You can do this up to 3 times a day.
- If your skin starts to dry out or peel, reduce your use to once a day.
Salicylic Acid (2%)
Water SD Alcohol 40-B Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water Polyacrylamide Glycerin C13-14 Isoparaffin Cyclopentasiloxane C12-15 Alkyl Lactate Alcohol Laureth-7 Phenoxyethanol Cetyl Lactate PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate Polysorbate 20 Phenethyl Dimethicone Fragrance Dehydroxanthan Gum Propylene Glycol Benzalkonium Chloride Ammonium Hydroxide Tetrasodium EDTA Butylene Glycol Capryloyl Glycine Sarcosine Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract Portulaca Oleracea Extract
For external use only.
When using this product
- Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- Rinse right away with water if it gets in eyes
Top Questions See all 1,687 Q&A
Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
- "honestly i like this prodcut and it does help get rid of pimpples but it peels your skin and leaves the area very dry and if i put makeup over it it just looks ugly but it does what it says it would" in 51 reviews
- "this worked wonders for me but i found after a while of using it stopped working for me?im not sure if i used it too much that my skin got used to it or what but it works great it didnt dry out my skin or anything and it did what it claimed to do!" in 47 reviews
- "I used these clean and clear product when i have a big zit..it sting when applying but the next day is gone leaving a acne mark." in 40 reviews
- "I put some of this on after my moisturizer at night and by morning the swelling has gone down and if i reapply the pimple will go away after a day or 2." in 37 reviews
- "This is a life saver everytime I feel a big prople coming I put this one and boom next morning its gone its soo good and cheap" in 24 reviews
I first used this product around 9 months ago, I was very surprised with how well it worked and the fact that it kept its promise unlike anyone else. I’ve never been this surprised by such a not expensive item. I heard great reviews about Clean & Clear's spot treatment for acne and I saw it at Kohl’s. If you need to get rid of a pimple for any reason I honestly believe this is the best solution for the price. I saw results within a few hours and by the next day, my pimples were essentially invisible or they’re completely gone. I found it for 7 dollars. In my t-zone, is where all my oil is the rest is dry to normal. So I've been using this product a while, it's great when in a hurry like when you need to shrink a pimple for the following day and cover it up with makeup, like on prom. It helps me so much my areas around my nose and t zone. Last night I got a pretty bad pimple and so once I noticed I put some of this on and it’s almost completely gone. I recommend this product because it’s my favorite. If I could give this more than 5 stars I would. The treatment is amazing. I also have sensitive skin and this works so well for me. It doesn’t make my face break out worst or red!!! I normally use this after my toner. If I’m already wearing makeup I normally put this on top but if it’s possible I take off the makeup, then apply it. This has worked wonders for me and I hope it does the same for you but remember it’s only seven dollars so give it a try.
this did not work for me. it’s cheap but it didn’t reduce my pimples. when it dried it flakes off my skin. it also kinda burned when i put it on. i like the packaging and how when you squeeze the tube only a little comes out
I always wonder if the spot treatment helps. It dries out the spot and smells like alcohol. If the spot is just starting, I feel like there is no difference the next day. When the spot is healing, I see a difference. It is more expensive than what I like to spend. It is a small bottle for the price you are paying.
It works, but doesn’t work like they advertise it. If you have a pimple on picture day or the night before prom, don’t count on it being gone in time using this. It takes a couple days before it actually works it’s magic.
Can be a bit drying for my skin but is great when I just have a pimple or two that I want to get rid of. Takes a use or two to dry out and get rid of the pimple but is effective. Would recommend moisturizing to ensure that your skin doesn’t get too dried out!
I have used this product for a long time to clear breakouts almost overnight. It is my go too acne treatment. I purchased it at cvs. The packaging is perfect size so you can bring it in your makeup bag and easy to get out the perfect amount. Highly recommend!
I used this in my daily routine all last winter when my skin is bad because lack of sun and vitamin D. It does it's job and helps the acne go away. I use tea tree oil in the summer because I think its less harsh and a little goes a long ways. For something that will get the job done, you can count on Clean and Clear.
So I gave this 1 star because honestly I dont like this product at all, instead of gwtring rid of my small pimples it made them worse and it burned my skin to the point I got an alergic reaction it was bad I can never find a good spot treatment and everyone recommended me to use this acne spot treatment so I gave it a try and it just wasn't for me.
This is perfect to keep on my bedside and slap on before bed. While it doesn’t completely clear a pimple it brings it down a lot in redness and size (and pain). This tube is huge and lasts me forever. A little goes a long way
Hands down my favorite product for those annoying acne spots that occasionally appear. It does have a bit of a strong scent but it works wonders. Just a dab on the spot before bed and its cleared up in no time. Good stuff!
Q & A
Did anyone experience dryness with this product?
I know you can use this as a spot treatment and just dab it on the pimples, but can you put a thin layer all over your face to prevent new ones from appearing?
Is it worth the money since they're small?
Does this burn?
Did it dry out anyone elses face where you applied it? I'm not a fan of this
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos