Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
4.05 / 5 based on 10,544 Reviews
- The second you put it on, the powerful gel with breakthrough technology starts to dissolve surface oil on the skin.
- With oil out of the way the clinically proven acne medicine can then penetrate pores.
- The medication starts to clear pimples immediately, with maximum strength 2% Salicylic acid.
- Pimples are reduced in size, swelling and redness, and the formula won’t over-dry your skin.
- Voila! Pimple looks better. Now get out there and have some fun!
Skin Need: Oil, Pimples
- Because this is a medicine, it’s super important to start with clean skin.
- So wash your face then apply a thin layer over your face. You can do this up to 3 times a day.
- If your skin starts to dry out or peel, reduce your use to once a day.
Salicylic Acid (2%)
Water SD Alcohol 40-B Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water Polyacrylamide Glycerin C13-14 Isoparaffin Cyclopentasiloxane C12-15 Alkyl Lactate Alcohol Laureth-7 Phenoxyethanol Cetyl Lactate PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate Polysorbate 20 Phenethyl Dimethicone Fragrance Dehydroxanthan Gum Propylene Glycol Benzalkonium Chloride Ammonium Hydroxide Tetrasodium EDTA Butylene Glycol Capryloyl Glycine Sarcosine Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract Portulaca Oleracea Extract
For external use only.
When using this product
- Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- Rinse right away with water if it gets in eyes
Top Questions See all 1,688 Q&A
Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
- "honestly i like this prodcut and it does help get rid of pimpples but it peels your skin and leaves the area very dry and if i put makeup over it it just looks ugly but it does what it says it would" in 51 reviews
- "this worked wonders for me but i found after a while of using it stopped working for me?im not sure if i used it too much that my skin got used to it or what but it works great it didnt dry out my skin or anything and it did what it claimed to do!" in 47 reviews
- "I used these clean and clear product when i have a big zit..it sting when applying but the next day is gone leaving a acne mark." in 40 reviews
- "I put some of this on after my moisturizer at night and by morning the swelling has gone down and if i reapply the pimple will go away after a day or 2." in 37 reviews
- "This is a life saver everytime I feel a big prople coming I put this one and boom next morning its gone its soo good and cheap" in 24 reviews
Clean & Clear always ended up making my skin so dry & it honestly burned my face a lot. I had to even stop using it. If you have dry/combo skin and not a lot of acne I wouldn’t recommend this for you. It didn’t meet my expectations
This works wonders it either makes your pimples disappear or dries them out making them look less noticeable. I usually apply last after my nighttime routine and let it work it’s magic while I sleep. My drugstore holy grail
Didn’t see much of a difference when using this product. Kinda disappointing. The formula felt nice and was easy to apply, but i didn’t feel like the product was absorbing into my skin. Bought at Walmart. Would not recommend
When I first began using this product it seems to work amazing, but after my skin got use to it my acne wasn't going away any quicker. I would definitely go back to this product once my skin has a break from it. I have heard that acne cleansing routines need to change up every few months in order to stay effective.
Okay so this stuff works amazing but take heed when you read the Title SPOT treatment bc this product is for sore itchy red surfacing boils to the simplest little whitehead but only dab or apply dirrectly atop the blemish and not so much on the surround area at all! This gentle and effective pimple banisher sloughs off skin through acid, which eats off the layers of skin/debris blocking the pore which if left blocked allows the zit aka bacteria to fester and gain strength. So then you have two options: you can mash it and scar up your face popping it wuth your fingers or you can use this dermatologist used active ingredient based Bullet proof method knowing it is not intended for splotches of areas on your face but just SPOT on zits being sure to use this sparingly a few times a day just on the zits possible popping point. Its my overnight go to and doesn't cause flaky scabbed over blemishes before or after the duration when i apply makeup! but for immediate zit itch relief from bogus inflamed bumps buy neutrogena 5% hydro peroxide spot treatment. It works fast but may leave dry flaky skin and over time possibly cause picked pimples to scar.
I've had this product forever and use it everytime I notice a small breakout. It doesn't over dry which is nice, but I'm not use how well it works either. Sometimes I think my skin is actually healing itself after I pop a pimple rather than being helped by this product. Will likely buy again and keep for emergencies, but I prefer stronger spot treatments over this one.
When used as directed this product works great! I always use it when I feel the onset of a blemish and it cuts the healing time in half and makes it less noticeable! I normally purchase at target as it is reasonably priced.
I always wonder if the spot treatment helps. It dries out the spot and smells like alcohol. If the spot is just starting, I feel like there is no difference the next day. When the spot is healing, I see a difference. It is more expensive than what I like to spend. It is a small bottle for the price you are paying.
I first used this product around 9 months ago, I was very surprised with how well it worked and the fact that it kept its promise unlike anyone else. I’ve never been this surprised by such a not expensive item. I heard great reviews about Clean & Clear's spot treatment for acne and I saw it at Kohl’s. If you need to get rid of a pimple for any reason I honestly believe this is the best solution for the price. I saw results within a few hours and by the next day, my pimples were essentially invisible or they’re completely gone. I found it for 7 dollars. In my t-zone, is where all my oil is the rest is dry to normal. So I've been using this product a while, it's great when in a hurry like when you need to shrink a pimple for the following day and cover it up with makeup, like on prom. It helps me so much my areas around my nose and t zone. Last night I got a pretty bad pimple and so once I noticed I put some of this on and it’s almost completely gone. I recommend this product because it’s my favorite. If I could give this more than 5 stars I would. The treatment is amazing. I also have sensitive skin and this works so well for me. It doesn’t make my face break out worst or red!!! I normally use this after my toner. If I’m already wearing makeup I normally put this on top but if it’s possible I take off the makeup, then apply it. This has worked wonders for me and I hope it does the same for you but remember it’s only seven dollars so give it a try.
I love this! It works so fast. It stings though, but to me I feel like it’s working. If you don’t like a product that will burn when you use it, then this is not for you. It’s very effective, and I saw results the next day.
Q & A
Did anyone experience dryness with this product?
I know you can use this as a spot treatment and just dab it on the pimples, but can you put a thin layer all over your face to prevent new ones from appearing?
Is it worth the money since they're small?
Does this burn?
Did it dry out anyone elses face where you applied it? I'm not a fan of this
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos