Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
- The second you put it on, the powerful gel with breakthrough technology starts to dissolve surface oil on the skin.
- With oil out of the way the clinically proven acne medicine can then penetrate pores.
- The medication starts to clear pimples immediately, with maximum strength 2% Salicylic acid.
- Pimples are reduced in size, swelling and redness, and the formula won’t over-dry your skin.
- Voila! Pimple looks better. Now get out there and have some fun!
Skin Need: Oil, Pimples
- Because this is a medicine, it’s super important to start with clean skin.
- So wash your face then apply a thin layer over your face. You can do this up to 3 times a day.
- If your skin starts to dry out or peel, reduce your use to once a day.
Salicylic Acid (2%)
Water SD Alcohol 40-B Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water Polyacrylamide Glycerin C13-14 Isoparaffin Cyclopentasiloxane C12-15 Alkyl Lactate Alcohol Laureth-7 Phenoxyethanol Cetyl Lactate PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate Polysorbate 20 Phenethyl Dimethicone Fragrance Dehydroxanthan Gum Propylene Glycol Benzalkonium Chloride Ammonium Hydroxide Tetrasodium EDTA Butylene Glycol Capryloyl Glycine Sarcosine Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract Portulaca Oleracea Extract
For external use only.
When using this product
- Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- Rinse right away with water if it gets in eyes
Top Questions See all 1,792 Q&A
Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
- "honestly i like this prodcut and it does help get rid of pimpples but it peels your skin and leaves the area very dry and if i put makeup over it it just looks ugly but it does what it says it would" in 51 reviews
- "this worked wonders for me but i found after a while of using it stopped working for me?im not sure if i used it too much that my skin got used to it or what but it works great it didnt dry out my skin or anything and it did what it claimed to do!" in 47 reviews
- "I used these clean and clear product when i have a big zit..it sting when applying but the next day is gone leaving a acne mark." in 40 reviews
- "I put some of this on after my moisturizer at night and by morning the swelling has gone down and if i reapply the pimple will go away after a day or 2." in 37 reviews
- "This is a life saver everytime I feel a big prople coming I put this one and boom next morning its gone its soo good and cheap" in 24 reviews
I used the spot treatment as a desperate resort to reduce some pimples. It has a very strong smell and it is painful when applied. The worst part is that it scarred my face, I now have pink dots that only have slightly faded in over a years time. I definitely do not recommend this product if you have some what sensitive skin, unless you want pink scars on your face that do not fade for a long time.
Product works great!! There seems to be a character limit on this so I guess I’ll just keep typing until it lets me move past this step... it wouldn’t let me skip it so
This product does what it’s expected to do, it dries out the pimple making it smaller and reducing redness. It doesn’t instantly eliminate it (aka it’s not magic) but definitely shortens the length of time you have to deal with it and makes it easier to cover up in the mean time. Best to use as soon as acne appears.Be sure to apply directly to pimple so it doesn’t dry out surrounding skin.
This is the best pimple cream ever!!! When I first got it my pimples went away the next day!!! It is such a great product and I would recommend it to everyone. I have been recommending it to a lot of my friends that acne problems. But I have been using it for over a year and a half so it hasn’t been as effective as it was when I first got it. But that’s what happens with every acne product
I was gifted this treatment, and when I used it I thought everything was going to be fine. But when I woke up it was a completely different story. I broke out in hives all over the areas that I had applied it. I waited about a year to use it again and the same thing happened. I eventually gave it to my friend and she finds no issue with it. I find that strange because she has sensitive skin and I don’t. Use this product with caution. Keep the receipt.
I’ve always used acne fighting lotions prescribed by the dermatologist but they always made my face super dry, having to use lotion which made me break out causing a vicious cycle. I use clean and clear gel anymore when I have a break out or want to prevent one from getting worse. It does definitely help but gave it 4 stars because it can dry out your face if it’s used frequently.
I think I had an allergic reaction to the product. It gave me tons of acne turn my whole face red and burned. My mother uses this product all the time though and loves it.
Really burns me and doesn’t work well on me. I will not be using this product even though I love the brand. Thought it was gonna work better. But good efficient packaging.
Q & A
Did anyone experience dryness with this product?
I know you can use this as a spot treatment and just dab it on the pimples, but can you put a thin layer all over your face to prevent new ones from appearing?
Is it worth the money since they're small?
Does this burn?
Did it dry out anyone elses face where you applied it? I'm not a fan of this
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos