Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
4.05 / 5 based on 10,307 Reviews
- The second you put it on, the powerful gel with breakthrough technology starts to dissolve surface oil on the skin.
- With oil out of the way the clinically proven acne medicine can then penetrate pores.
- The medication starts to clear pimples immediately, with maximum strength 2% Salicylic acid.
- Pimples are reduced in size, swelling and redness, and the formula won’t over-dry your skin.
- Voila! Pimple looks better. Now get out there and have some fun!
Skin Need: Oil, Pimples
- Because this is a medicine, it’s super important to start with clean skin.
- So wash your face then apply a thin layer over your face. You can do this up to 3 times a day.
- If your skin starts to dry out or peel, reduce your use to once a day.
Salicylic Acid (2%)
Water SD Alcohol 40-B Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water Polyacrylamide Glycerin C13-14 Isoparaffin Cyclopentasiloxane C12-15 Alkyl Lactate Alcohol Laureth-7 Phenoxyethanol Cetyl Lactate PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate Polysorbate 20 Phenethyl Dimethicone Fragrance Dehydroxanthan Gum Propylene Glycol Benzalkonium Chloride Ammonium Hydroxide Tetrasodium EDTA Butylene Glycol Capryloyl Glycine Sarcosine Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract Portulaca Oleracea Extract
For external use only.
When using this product
- Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- Rinse right away with water if it gets in eyes
Top Questions See all 1,687 Q&A
Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
- "honestly i like this prodcut and it does help get rid of pimpples but it peels your skin and leaves the area very dry and if i put makeup over it it just looks ugly but it does what it says it would" in 51 reviews
- "this worked wonders for me but i found after a while of using it stopped working for me?im not sure if i used it too much that my skin got used to it or what but it works great it didnt dry out my skin or anything and it did what it claimed to do!" in 47 reviews
- "I used these clean and clear product when i have a big zit..it sting when applying but the next day is gone leaving a acne mark." in 40 reviews
- "I put some of this on after my moisturizer at night and by morning the swelling has gone down and if i reapply the pimple will go away after a day or 2." in 37 reviews
- "This is a life saver everytime I feel a big prople coming I put this one and boom next morning its gone its soo good and cheap" in 24 reviews
Personally it over dried the spots I used, caused major redness to the area surrounding the pimple it self . It just didn’t work for me, but I’m sure it will for someone else. Decent price and I’m sure it works, just not for my picky skin!
Hands down the best spot treatment I've ever used! This is my secret weapon with overnight surprise pimples. When using stronger, harder-on-my-skin treatments and seeing breakouts as the medicine starts to work, it's easy to use this spot treatment to take the redness and harshness out of blemishes. It even works to reduce my blackheads!
I used the original Clean and Clear acne gel spot treatment and I can say this product is not as great as the original. My skin really was unaffected by it. I was disappointed because I always like to keep an emergency acne treatment gel.
These are great for targeting my regular acne! However, they aren't the best for cystic pimples, they will do the job after using them daily for several weeks. They are gentle and they don't irritate my skin causing my skin to flare up with eczema unlike benzoyl peroxide treatments. I've bought many tubes of these and they are very accessible. Easy to find.
My go-to for any surprise flair-ups. If I feel a bump starting to grow, I apply this at night and 8/10 times the bump goes away. If a pimple actually forms, this helps it clear up faster! Great drugstore pimple fighter.
Perfect for those unwanted breakouts that seem to come out of nowhere. I bought this product at my local Walgreens. It was gentle enough for my dry, sensitive skin and effective at reducing my acne. I would recommend.
Love this product to get rid of stubborn acne or zits!!! Just dab some on before you go to sleep and in the morning it’ll be super small or even GONE! A little goes a very long way and you can feel it start to work its magic immediately.
This spot treatment is not the best I have tried but it’s definitely up there. It’s a decent price and the smaller tube end makes it easy to apply to acne spots. Very good at drying out acne but can dry out your skin a lot if you’re not careful.
This product works amazingly. After I have a blemish and apply the product, it disappears within the night or in 1 to 2 days. This product is very effective for me but make sure you are not allergic to salicylic acid. I have bought this product multiple times and I just love it.
Q & A
Did anyone experience dryness with this product?
I know you can use this as a spot treatment and just dab it on the pimples, but can you put a thin layer all over your face to prevent new ones from appearing?
Is it worth the money since they're small?
Does this burn?
Did it dry out anyone elses face where you applied it? I'm not a fan of this
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos