Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
4.05 / 5 based on 10,294 Reviews
- The second you put it on, the powerful gel with breakthrough technology starts to dissolve surface oil on the skin.
- With oil out of the way the clinically proven acne medicine can then penetrate pores.
- The medication starts to clear pimples immediately, with maximum strength 2% Salicylic acid.
- Pimples are reduced in size, swelling and redness, and the formula won’t over-dry your skin.
- Voila! Pimple looks better. Now get out there and have some fun!
Skin Need: Oil, Pimples
- Because this is a medicine, it’s super important to start with clean skin.
- So wash your face then apply a thin layer over your face. You can do this up to 3 times a day.
- If your skin starts to dry out or peel, reduce your use to once a day.
Salicylic Acid (2%)
Water SD Alcohol 40-B Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water Polyacrylamide Glycerin C13-14 Isoparaffin Cyclopentasiloxane C12-15 Alkyl Lactate Alcohol Laureth-7 Phenoxyethanol Cetyl Lactate PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate Polysorbate 20 Phenethyl Dimethicone Fragrance Dehydroxanthan Gum Propylene Glycol Benzalkonium Chloride Ammonium Hydroxide Tetrasodium EDTA Butylene Glycol Capryloyl Glycine Sarcosine Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract Portulaca Oleracea Extract
For external use only.
When using this product
- Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- Rinse right away with water if it gets in eyes
Top Questions See all 1,687 Q&A
Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
- "honestly i like this prodcut and it does help get rid of pimpples but it peels your skin and leaves the area very dry and if i put makeup over it it just looks ugly but it does what it says it would" in 51 reviews
- "this worked wonders for me but i found after a while of using it stopped working for me?im not sure if i used it too much that my skin got used to it or what but it works great it didnt dry out my skin or anything and it did what it claimed to do!" in 47 reviews
- "I used these clean and clear product when i have a big zit..it sting when applying but the next day is gone leaving a acne mark." in 40 reviews
- "I put some of this on after my moisturizer at night and by morning the swelling has gone down and if i reapply the pimple will go away after a day or 2." in 37 reviews
- "This is a life saver everytime I feel a big prople coming I put this one and boom next morning its gone its soo good and cheap" in 24 reviews
This spot cream does not stay on my skin Ike help the pimples I get go away, but on a good not this had nice packaging. No tbis did not meet my expectations. I bought this from my local cvs. Yes I do say this is way to improve I would say that this spot cream should be able to help the zits or pimples and also have way to stay on the skin for longer
I started breaking out this summer so I picked this up at the corner store as a quick fix for a wedding. The treatment worked BEAUTIFULLY! Overnight my pimple had shrunk in size and had almost no redness. Now, I use the products every time I have a pimple. The only downside is that it does give me some dry skin on the application site.
I'm generally a fan of Clean & Clear products so naturally I had to try this. I can't say it cleared pimples overnight but gradually did help dry them out, as would anything over a period of time though. I personally prefer benzoyl peroxide than salicylic acid.
Works well, but the Neutrogena spot clear works a lot better for the same ingredient. I use this when I need to clear spots under makeup, or during the day. At night I swear by the drying lotion from Mario Badescu. This is quick, dries clear, and helps keep pimples from spreading and getting worse. Just doesn’t work as well/as quickly as the Neutrogena like I mentioned.
I honestly do not recommend this to anyone. Maybe it's just me but I did not like it. It dried so quickly and made the area where I put it patchy and itchy. It also burned just a little so I tossed it out and won't buy it again. It's unfortunate because it's a first for me from this brand.
This product definitely helped clear up my skin a little bit. The packaging is very easy and the product lasts a long time. The only issue I have with the product is that it does smell a little too much like alcohol so if you’re using it close to your nose you might be bothered by the smell.
This product worked wonders!! The only reason I stopped using it is because I was prescribed acne medication from my dermatologist who suggested not using anymore products used for acne fighting. I gave it to a friend who also loves it because it did not deserve to go to waste. Say bye bye to your pimple (as long as you don't play with it) in a day!
When I first used this product is was extremely amazed with how well & quick it actually works. I'm usually not a big believer on drug store items working that great but I heard rave reviews about Clean & Clear's spot treatment for acne & it was on sale at my local Rite Aid, so I decided to give it a go. It worked just as well as my Proactiv Plus acne spot treatment, but at a way less price. I would wear it under makeup, alone on an au'natural day, &/or put it on before bed. Either way it works.
It really gets rid of your acne like I put it on just dont put it on over cut because it burns but overall it's the best product it's not expensive it doesn't make your skin oily or just leave it on and it gets rid of everything within like a day
This was one of the first few acne spot treatments I used, and I did not like it very much. It left my skin really dry and it would give me a burning sensation. It did help me get rid of some acne, but I would not buy this again. It stopped working after a while.
Q & A
Did anyone experience dryness with this product?
I know you can use this as a spot treatment and just dab it on the pimples, but can you put a thin layer all over your face to prevent new ones from appearing?
Is it worth the money since they're small?
Does this burn?
Did it dry out anyone elses face where you applied it? I'm not a fan of this
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos