Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
4.05 / 5 based on 10,561 Reviews
- The second you put it on, the powerful gel with breakthrough technology starts to dissolve surface oil on the skin.
- With oil out of the way the clinically proven acne medicine can then penetrate pores.
- The medication starts to clear pimples immediately, with maximum strength 2% Salicylic acid.
- Pimples are reduced in size, swelling and redness, and the formula won’t over-dry your skin.
- Voila! Pimple looks better. Now get out there and have some fun!
Skin Need: Oil, Pimples
- Because this is a medicine, it’s super important to start with clean skin.
- So wash your face then apply a thin layer over your face. You can do this up to 3 times a day.
- If your skin starts to dry out or peel, reduce your use to once a day.
Salicylic Acid (2%)
Water SD Alcohol 40-B Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water Polyacrylamide Glycerin C13-14 Isoparaffin Cyclopentasiloxane C12-15 Alkyl Lactate Alcohol Laureth-7 Phenoxyethanol Cetyl Lactate PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate Polysorbate 20 Phenethyl Dimethicone Fragrance Dehydroxanthan Gum Propylene Glycol Benzalkonium Chloride Ammonium Hydroxide Tetrasodium EDTA Butylene Glycol Capryloyl Glycine Sarcosine Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract Portulaca Oleracea Extract
For external use only.
When using this product
- Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- Rinse right away with water if it gets in eyes
Top Questions See all 1,688 Q&A
Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
- "honestly i like this prodcut and it does help get rid of pimpples but it peels your skin and leaves the area very dry and if i put makeup over it it just looks ugly but it does what it says it would" in 51 reviews
- "this worked wonders for me but i found after a while of using it stopped working for me?im not sure if i used it too much that my skin got used to it or what but it works great it didnt dry out my skin or anything and it did what it claimed to do!" in 47 reviews
- "I used these clean and clear product when i have a big zit..it sting when applying but the next day is gone leaving a acne mark." in 40 reviews
- "I put some of this on after my moisturizer at night and by morning the swelling has gone down and if i reapply the pimple will go away after a day or 2." in 37 reviews
- "This is a life saver everytime I feel a big prople coming I put this one and boom next morning its gone its soo good and cheap" in 24 reviews
This product worked wonders!! The only reason I stopped using it is because I was prescribed acne medication from my dermatologist who suggested not using anymore products used for acne fighting. I gave it to a friend who also loves it because it did not deserve to go to waste. Say bye bye to your pimple (as long as you don't play with it) in a day!
I used to use this but I never noticed a huge difference in my acne spots. I would put it on before bed and when I would wake up my acne would be the same. It’s a good price and if your acne isn’t supper bad I think it’s a good idea to purchase but if you have deep acne I wouldn’t recommend.
When I first used this product is was extremely amazed with how well & quick it actually works. I'm usually not a big believer on drug store items working that great but I heard rave reviews about Clean & Clear's spot treatment for acne & it was on sale at my local Rite Aid, so I decided to give it a go. It worked just as well as my Proactiv Plus acne spot treatment, but at a way less price. I would wear it under makeup, alone on an au'natural day, &/or put it on before bed. Either way it works.
I'm generally a fan of Clean & Clear products so naturally I had to try this. I can't say it cleared pimples overnight but gradually did help dry them out, as would anything over a period of time though. I personally prefer benzoyl peroxide than salicylic acid.
I like this product but i dont love it. it doesn't work as immediately as you would think. But i does the job of drying out the pimple. But it stings a little which actually doesn't bother me. I dont have super sensitive skin so i can withstand it
I am no convinced yet with this product. It is quite harsh for my skin. Sometimes I just end up with a really red and painful spot. And the pimple is still there, under all that redness. I will finish the tube but I am not satisfied with the results.
I rarely use this product, only when I need to. I just simply put a dab on wherever it needs to go and within the next two days the pimple will disappear. Would recommend this product to someone who barely gets pimples and want them gone asap.
I've probably been using this product since my first pimple. Maybe it's psychosomatic, but it really works and does help clear any blemishes up much quicker than if you left them alone. It sometimes stings quite a bit, and I think it could be a smidge more gentle. But for the price? It's good to have this around for any pesky blemishes that show up uninvited.
I like this product for the most part as it does rid of my pimples. What I don't like is the weird dried residue that it leaves on my face and I forget that it's there. The packaging is simple. The pricing is decent as it a little amount goes a long ways. I would buy this again as it is effective. I just have to remember to wipe it off.
Works pretty good at drying out pimples that have a lot of built up gunk it does cause the spot to be very dry so I only use it as it says as a spot treatment overall it isn't expensive at all and it does help dry it out I wouldn't recommend this if you're looking for something g to clear up your face it's more of a individual pimple type thing
Q & A
Did anyone experience dryness with this product?
I know you can use this as a spot treatment and just dab it on the pimples, but can you put a thin layer all over your face to prevent new ones from appearing?
Is it worth the money since they're small?
Does this burn?
Did it dry out anyone elses face where you applied it? I'm not a fan of this
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos