Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
- The second you put it on, the powerful gel with breakthrough technology starts to dissolve surface oil on the skin.
- With oil out of the way the clinically proven acne medicine can then penetrate pores.
- The medication starts to clear pimples immediately, with maximum strength 2% Salicylic acid.
- Pimples are reduced in size, swelling and redness, and the formula won’t over-dry your skin.
- Voila! Pimple looks better. Now get out there and have some fun!
Skin Need: Oil, Pimples
- Because this is a medicine, it’s super important to start with clean skin.
- So wash your face then apply a thin layer over your face. You can do this up to 3 times a day.
- If your skin starts to dry out or peel, reduce your use to once a day.
Salicylic Acid (2%)
Water SD Alcohol 40-B Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water Polyacrylamide Glycerin C13-14 Isoparaffin Cyclopentasiloxane C12-15 Alkyl Lactate Alcohol Laureth-7 Phenoxyethanol Cetyl Lactate PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate Polysorbate 20 Phenethyl Dimethicone Fragrance Dehydroxanthan Gum Propylene Glycol Benzalkonium Chloride Ammonium Hydroxide Tetrasodium EDTA Butylene Glycol Capryloyl Glycine Sarcosine Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract Portulaca Oleracea Extract
For external use only.
When using this product
- Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- Rinse right away with water if it gets in eyes
Top Questions See all 1,752 Q&A
Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
- "honestly i like this prodcut and it does help get rid of pimpples but it peels your skin and leaves the area very dry and if i put makeup over it it just looks ugly but it does what it says it would" in 51 reviews
- "this worked wonders for me but i found after a while of using it stopped working for me?im not sure if i used it too much that my skin got used to it or what but it works great it didnt dry out my skin or anything and it did what it claimed to do!" in 47 reviews
- "I used these clean and clear product when i have a big zit..it sting when applying but the next day is gone leaving a acne mark." in 40 reviews
- "I put some of this on after my moisturizer at night and by morning the swelling has gone down and if i reapply the pimple will go away after a day or 2." in 37 reviews
- "This is a life saver everytime I feel a big prople coming I put this one and boom next morning its gone its soo good and cheap" in 24 reviews
This product is great and that really works I was a bit skeptical at first. But I have been using this product for many years and I would recommend it to anyone I bought it at my local Walgreens but I’m pretty sure you can buy it at about any place!
I have been using this product since I was a teenager, and have repurchased time and time again. After the first application, the next morning my pimple is no longer sticking out from my face. It is flat. After 3-4 days the pimple is basically gone! It doesn’t dry my skin out and cause flaking like other products similar to this. This is a great product especially for the price and it has never disappointed me!
I've been using this Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment everyday for a week and I haven't noticed much improvement so far. My face is more dried out where I applied this but it hasn't improved my acne. I'll keep using it hoping I see better results soon!
I would love to say this product works amazing, but I don’t really know. I know I put it on some of my spots before bed and I still wake up with them and I apply how I should and it eventually goes away but apart of me thinks it just ran its course.
I have tried this on multiple different occasions to make sure that I gave it a good chance. It seemed to work decently well for me, however, the spots where I put it, my face got extremely dry and it was very noticeable. It's, of course, very possible that it could just be my type of skin that it does this to, and it may work fantastic for somebody else. I, unfortunately, won't be purchasing this product anymore.
The result of the twice a day application for two days were magical. The acne or the zit just dries out and diappears. The one thing about it is , the smell is a bit ..well.. antiseptic, you feel it tingling also for few minutes after the application
I don't get much acne so this works good when I get a big pimple I want to diminish. I put it on at night and by the morning the size is usually reduced by half. If it's really bad I'll spread a thin layer on under my makeup over the affected area so it doesn't flare up during the day. It works good if you just get the occasional pop up on your face.
When I first used this product is was extremely amazed with how well & quick it actually works. I'm usually not a big believer on drug store items working that great but I heard rave reviews about Clean & Clear's spot treatment for acne & it was on sale at my local Rite Aid, so I decided to give it a go. It worked just as well as my Proactiv Plus acne spot treatment, but at a way less price. I would wear it under makeup, alone on an au'natural day, &/or put it on before bed. Either way it works.
I honestly do not recommend this to anyone. Maybe it's just me but I did not like it. It dried so quickly and made the area where I put it patchy and itchy. It also burned just a little so I tossed it out and won't buy it again. It's unfortunate because it's a first for me from this brand.
It really gets rid of your acne like I put it on just dont put it on over cut because it burns but overall it's the best product it's not expensive it doesn't make your skin oily or just leave it on and it gets rid of everything within like a day
Q & A
Did anyone experience dryness with this product?
I know you can use this as a spot treatment and just dab it on the pimples, but can you put a thin layer all over your face to prevent new ones from appearing?
Is it worth the money since they're small?
Does this burn?
Did it dry out anyone elses face where you applied it? I'm not a fan of this
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos