Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
4.05 / 5 based on 10,508 Reviews
- The second you put it on, the powerful gel with breakthrough technology starts to dissolve surface oil on the skin.
- With oil out of the way the clinically proven acne medicine can then penetrate pores.
- The medication starts to clear pimples immediately, with maximum strength 2% Salicylic acid.
- Pimples are reduced in size, swelling and redness, and the formula won’t over-dry your skin.
- Voila! Pimple looks better. Now get out there and have some fun!
Skin Need: Oil, Pimples
- Because this is a medicine, it’s super important to start with clean skin.
- So wash your face then apply a thin layer over your face. You can do this up to 3 times a day.
- If your skin starts to dry out or peel, reduce your use to once a day.
Salicylic Acid (2%)
Water SD Alcohol 40-B Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water Polyacrylamide Glycerin C13-14 Isoparaffin Cyclopentasiloxane C12-15 Alkyl Lactate Alcohol Laureth-7 Phenoxyethanol Cetyl Lactate PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate Polysorbate 20 Phenethyl Dimethicone Fragrance Dehydroxanthan Gum Propylene Glycol Benzalkonium Chloride Ammonium Hydroxide Tetrasodium EDTA Butylene Glycol Capryloyl Glycine Sarcosine Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract Portulaca Oleracea Extract
For external use only.
When using this product
- Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- Rinse right away with water if it gets in eyes
Top Questions See all 1,688 Q&A
Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
- "honestly i like this prodcut and it does help get rid of pimpples but it peels your skin and leaves the area very dry and if i put makeup over it it just looks ugly but it does what it says it would" in 51 reviews
- "this worked wonders for me but i found after a while of using it stopped working for me?im not sure if i used it too much that my skin got used to it or what but it works great it didnt dry out my skin or anything and it did what it claimed to do!" in 47 reviews
- "I used these clean and clear product when i have a big zit..it sting when applying but the next day is gone leaving a acne mark." in 40 reviews
- "I put some of this on after my moisturizer at night and by morning the swelling has gone down and if i reapply the pimple will go away after a day or 2." in 37 reviews
- "This is a life saver everytime I feel a big prople coming I put this one and boom next morning its gone its soo good and cheap" in 24 reviews
This tiny bottle has lasted me or a couple of month and i have finally finished it. i put it on my acne and the nest day, the pimple has reduced in size and becomes less red. sometimes i put the product on as i pop my pimple so it doesnt get infected. i would def. repurchase the item again!
I have tried using this products multiple times over the past couple weeks and it doesn’t do anything for my acne spots, it doesn’t reduce the look of my pimples, clear up my acne spots, nothing. I wish this product worked but it doesn’t. It’s a waist of your money.
I use this product every night. I get out of the shower, moisturize my face and then apply this to any pimples I have. I see results the next morning! I do not breakout very often but when I do this is my go to product. I would not recommend this product to anyone who had super dry skin because it does tend to dry your skin out a little bit.
This is such an amazing product! I feel like it's underrated when it comes to those who deal with acne and maybe use it, but I used this acne treatment when I had noticeable red pimples anywhere on my face. I would use it right before I went to bed with a clean face and by the next day it wouldn't be as red or noticeable which, helped a lot to get rid of pimples with using the treatment once more to get rid of those stubborn pimples with hardly any scarring in my case.
I suffer from acne prone skin and as soon as I feel a pimple coming on I slap this onto it. 1-2 times a day. It diminishes the pimple. If it does come up it isn't as inflamed as it would be if I didn't use this product . If the pimp has already come up and I use this product it brings down the redness and in 2 days time the pimple has reduced in size . By the third day it either gone altogether or barely no existent. Highly recommend this product. A staple in my skin care.
This has been the spot treatment I have used for as long as I can remember. I have tried a few others but eventually always came back to the Clean & Clear. I always see a visible difference in my acne and it’s really nice because it’s non bleaching so if I put it on overnight I don’t have to be concerned with where my face is on the pillow. I don’t find this formula too harsh but you can definitely feel it working! A little bit goes a really long way so I find that the price is super reasonable for this treatment!
I just didn’t see this product as super effective. When looking for acne clearing treatments or anything for breakouts it’s super important to look at the ingredients and how your body handle those ingredients. This one just didn’t work for me, but I’ve had friends who swear by it. Just do your research as to what ingredients are the most effective for your skin.
I suffered from acne in high school so I bought a clean and clear acne kit which this came in. I would use the cleanser and moisturizer at night then if I had any spots apply this on. By morning, this would have reduced redness so much! I liked to pop my zits then put this and even retouch in the morning. I think this prevented me from scarring too. My skin has been controlled now and I do not get acne anymore but I always remember how much this came in handy for spot acne!
This little tube of dynamite stays on any travel bag/purse that I carry as well as additional tubes in both mine and my husbands bathrooms. I found this great steal about 5 years ago at a local Walgreens and have used it to overnight treat acne as well as (it is not for this technically) cold sores that have yet to form completely. It must be the amount of salicylic acid in the formula. I will continue to use this as long as it is produced.
I use this acne emergencial treatment mostly in my face as it seems to be less harmful than other brands of acid that I used. It really doesn't hurt or leave the skin red and irritated, and seems to be effective, but not as the most aggressive ones. I recommend this for moderate acne, and especially if you have sensitive skin, cause it won't harm or hurt to much when you apply.
Q & A
Did anyone experience dryness with this product?
I know you can use this as a spot treatment and just dab it on the pimples, but can you put a thin layer all over your face to prevent new ones from appearing?
Is it worth the money since they're small?
Does this burn?
Did it dry out anyone elses face where you applied it? I'm not a fan of this
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos