Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
- The second you put it on, the powerful gel with breakthrough technology starts to dissolve surface oil on the skin.
- With oil out of the way the clinically proven acne medicine can then penetrate pores.
- The medication starts to clear pimples immediately, with maximum strength 2% Salicylic acid.
- Pimples are reduced in size, swelling and redness, and the formula won’t over-dry your skin.
- Voila! Pimple looks better. Now get out there and have some fun!
Skin Need: Oil, Pimples
- Because this is a medicine, it’s super important to start with clean skin.
- So wash your face then apply a thin layer over your face. You can do this up to 3 times a day.
- If your skin starts to dry out or peel, reduce your use to once a day.
Salicylic Acid (2%)
Water SD Alcohol 40-B Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water Polyacrylamide Glycerin C13-14 Isoparaffin Cyclopentasiloxane C12-15 Alkyl Lactate Alcohol Laureth-7 Phenoxyethanol Cetyl Lactate PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate Polysorbate 20 Phenethyl Dimethicone Fragrance Dehydroxanthan Gum Propylene Glycol Benzalkonium Chloride Ammonium Hydroxide Tetrasodium EDTA Butylene Glycol Capryloyl Glycine Sarcosine Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract Portulaca Oleracea Extract
For external use only.
When using this product
- Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- Rinse right away with water if it gets in eyes
Top Questions See all 1,688 Q&A
Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
- "honestly i like this prodcut and it does help get rid of pimpples but it peels your skin and leaves the area very dry and if i put makeup over it it just looks ugly but it does what it says it would" in 51 reviews
- "this worked wonders for me but i found after a while of using it stopped working for me?im not sure if i used it too much that my skin got used to it or what but it works great it didnt dry out my skin or anything and it did what it claimed to do!" in 47 reviews
- "I used these clean and clear product when i have a big zit..it sting when applying but the next day is gone leaving a acne mark." in 40 reviews
- "I put some of this on after my moisturizer at night and by morning the swelling has gone down and if i reapply the pimple will go away after a day or 2." in 37 reviews
- "This is a life saver everytime I feel a big prople coming I put this one and boom next morning its gone its soo good and cheap" in 24 reviews
This product has been my go to acne spot treatment for years now. It does exactly what it says. Yes some experience dryness. It’s drying up all the zit funk. If I feel a pimple I take a q-tio and apply it to the area. Do not cross contaminate. Do not use the q tip or finger to rub this on the zit then touch the product tip or another part of your face. You’re spreading the bateria that way. Make sure to use qtip and rub around the whole pimple. You’ll see reduced redness or a big white head... you’ll need to pop or stick a safety pin in Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
I first used this product around 9 months ago, I was very surprised with how well it worked and the fact that it kept its promise unlike anyone else. I’ve never been this surprised by such a not expensive item. I heard great reviews about Clean & Clear's spot treatment for acne and I saw it at Kohl’s. If you need to get rid of a pimple for any reason I honestly believe this is the best solution for the price. I saw results within a few hours and by the next day, my pimples were essentially invisible or they’re completely gone. I found it for 7 dollars. In my t-zone, is where all my oil is the rest is dry to normal. So I've been using this product a while, it's great when in a hurry like when you need to shrink a pimple for the following day and cover it up with makeup, like on prom. It helps me so much my areas around my nose and t zone. Last night I got a pretty bad pimple and so once I noticed I put some of this on and it’s almost completely gone. I recommend this product because it’s my favorite. If I could give this more than 5 stars I would. The treatment is amazing. I also have sensitive skin and this works so well for me. It doesn’t make my face break out worst or red!!! I normally use this after my toner. If I’m already wearing makeup I normally put this on top but if it’s possible I take off the makeup, then apply it. This has worked wonders for me and I hope it does the same for you but remember it’s only seven dollars so give it a try.
I’m 25 years old and I’ve struggled with acne since I was 13. When I was younger we tried everything under the sun and nothing worked. Eventually I went on a low dosage birth control specifically to help with acne and it did work some. I still get hormonal painful cystic acne at times but for the most part my face is pretty clear because I try sooo hard to keep it good. However because I’m active and workout a lot and sweat, I still have a major acne problem on my back and sometimes my chest area. This product is the ONLY THING that has ever worked for me including the most expensive of expensive products out there. I never would have thought I would find a product that actually works in the drug store!
This is my go to over the counter acne medication. I really love this product. It’s under $10 and does a great job at clearing up any acne and keeping your acne at bay. It’s never caused me to get dry skin or any skin irritations and I’ll use it morning and night, sometimes a couple times throughout the day, depending on how severe my breakout will be. It does sting a tiny bit when first applying it, so beware and also has a scent to it, but it’s nothing overpowering and dissipates within a few seconds after applying on your skin. No matter what though, by the next morning my skin had a notable difference. It also contains salicylic acid which, I prefer over benzoyl peroxide as I feel it’s stronger and works better and faster.
My holy grail acne fighting spot treatment. I use it a little different than the instructions tell you too. After showering and washing my face at night I put it on the pimple or breakout area, let it dry, and sleep with it on and wash off in the morning. This is amazing and has helped clear up pimples overnight. I use it in conjunction with Noxzema Ultimate Clear Anti-Blemish Pads and their cleansing cream.
My face has never been so smooth.
My face has never been so smooth.
This is definitely a lifesaver for surprise acne. I usually apply this once every morning (twice a day if there are super bad spots) and by day two, there’s hardly anything there. Just remember to spread this thin over the area, otherwise it’ll start flaking once dried and then it just looks super weird on your face. This is nice for the price, though, and clears up a spot within a few days.
I used this product throughout high school when my acne was at it's peak. I was a cheerleader so I always wore heavy filled makeup which would clog my pores, and cause my breakouts to happen. This was almost like magic to me. I would place it on trouble areas and overnight they would disappear. I have sensitive skin and did not have any problems with this product. To this day, I still use it when I see that a breakout is starting to happen. I would compare this to the old "toothpaste on a pimple" trick.
I honestly really don’t like this product. I bought it from target and it was very affordable. But I didn’t find that it got rid or helped me with the acne spot I just burned when I applied it. I feel as though clean & clear should come out with one that is more of a cream consistency and that is a drying lotion instead of this gel texture! Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
It smells really strong but it fades after a few minutes. I use this all the time on acne and everyday on some dark spots/scars. It really does work! And it’s at a great price so you can’t beat that. Some acne treatment makes my face super dry but this does not at all. Although i did accidentally put it on/near a mole on my face and it literally turned my mole white..... and peeled off... so i guess it really does take away dark marks 😂😭 3 stars because i miss my little beauty mark
Q & A
Did anyone experience dryness with this product?
I know you can use this as a spot treatment and just dab it on the pimples, but can you put a thin layer all over your face to prevent new ones from appearing?
Is it worth the money since they're small?
Does this burn?
Did it dry out anyone elses face where you applied it? I'm not a fan of this
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos