Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
- The second you put it on, the powerful gel with breakthrough technology starts to dissolve surface oil on the skin.
- With oil out of the way the clinically proven acne medicine can then penetrate pores.
- The medication starts to clear pimples immediately, with maximum strength 2% Salicylic acid.
- Pimples are reduced in size, swelling and redness, and the formula won’t over-dry your skin.
- Voila! Pimple looks better. Now get out there and have some fun!
Skin Need: Oil, Pimples
- Because this is a medicine, it’s super important to start with clean skin.
- So wash your face then apply a thin layer over your face. You can do this up to 3 times a day.
- If your skin starts to dry out or peel, reduce your use to once a day.
Salicylic Acid (2%)
Water SD Alcohol 40-B Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water Polyacrylamide Glycerin C13-14 Isoparaffin Cyclopentasiloxane C12-15 Alkyl Lactate Alcohol Laureth-7 Phenoxyethanol Cetyl Lactate PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate Polysorbate 20 Phenethyl Dimethicone Fragrance Dehydroxanthan Gum Propylene Glycol Benzalkonium Chloride Ammonium Hydroxide Tetrasodium EDTA Butylene Glycol Capryloyl Glycine Sarcosine Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract Portulaca Oleracea Extract
For external use only.
When using this product
- Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- Rinse right away with water if it gets in eyes
Top Questions See all 1,831 Q&A
Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
- "honestly i like this prodcut and it does help get rid of pimpples but it peels your skin and leaves the area very dry and if i put makeup over it it just looks ugly but it does what it says it would" in 51 reviews
- "this worked wonders for me but i found after a while of using it stopped working for me?im not sure if i used it too much that my skin got used to it or what but it works great it didnt dry out my skin or anything and it did what it claimed to do!" in 47 reviews
- "I used these clean and clear product when i have a big zit..it sting when applying but the next day is gone leaving a acne mark." in 40 reviews
- "I put some of this on after my moisturizer at night and by morning the swelling has gone down and if i reapply the pimple will go away after a day or 2." in 37 reviews
- "This is a life saver everytime I feel a big prople coming I put this one and boom next morning its gone its soo good and cheap" in 24 reviews
In early 2019 I broke out with absolutely terrible acne all over my face, the kind that you see in the horror "before and after" advertisements for miracle products we know are probably a scam. I have very sensitive skin so I decided to be patient and use very light, generally non-chemical based treatments and saw no changes at all. My face was covered in awful scabs and so bumpy all over. I knew I was going to have to change what products I was using, and happened to see a review of this one and figured it really couldn't get much worse if this product messed up my skin. So I gave it a try! I'm about 3 months into using this product. At first I applied it 2-3 times a day, now I only do one application. I experienced some peeling but if you pair this up with the moisturizers Clean and Clear has, you should be able to maintain it. I can finally feel my skin with little to no bumps, and any small breakouts I get here and there are gone within a day or two using this product. I honestly can't praise this product enough it really worked miracles. I saw MASSIVE improvement in just the first month, but expect to be waiting a bit longer than that to be near spotless. Now my only worries is getting some of this old scarring cleared up. I can't thank Clean and Clear enough for this product, I swear on it and recommend for anyone to give it a try. It may not work for all skin types but it definitely worked for me.
I like this product a lot. I typically get isolated blemishes or just a few blemishes in a small group, very often hormone-related. I like using this product alone at the first sign of a blemish and daily until it is gone, OR in conjunction with a benzoyle peroxide cream and possibly a hydrocortizone cream. Sometimes it arrests the blemish in it's tracks and stops it from fully developing. I like the gel texture of the product. The only problem is that it doesn't always play nice with other products or makeup - it can pill up on my face. But it's a solid product with a good track record for me.
I have used this since I was a teenager to clear blackheads and closed comedones on my nose and forehead. Very good product especially for those times your forehead is feeling like Braille. Not my favorite spot treatment for an inflamed blemish, I think benzoyl peroxide works better for that. Salicylic acid actually penetrates a clogged pore and pushes the clog out from the inside. Have repurchased 1,000 times and will always be in my arsenal. Definitely recommend trying this for clogged pores. Never dries my dry/slightly combination skin out, and very inexpensive.
This thing is my holy grail. I started using this product about 3 years old when I started getting small pimples of the sides of my forehead. Then as I started wearing more makeup, I would get more regular pimples, but it would only be one at a time which made it really annoying because it felt like that’s all you could see on my face. Being in High School just made it worse. This thing is like magic, I put it on before going to sleep and the next morning the blemish is half the size it was the night before, then I repeat the process that same day at night and BOOM! The next day it’s gone. I will keep buying this forever, it’s amazing!
This spot treatment is my best beauty secret and has never failed me! It can be applied to any areas on your face OR your body where you feel emerging acne coming on, or to existing blemishes. From the moment you dab it onto your skin, it works quickly to diminish the severity redness of the affected area. I use this product most often at night, just before getting into bed. I take a quick inventory of my complexion, and tap a small dab of the spot treatment onto any problem areas.
I like this product because it doesn't dry out my skin too much and I can apply it to acne spots before bed and wake up with less redness and swelling. It's super cheap as well which make it a great alternative to a prescription acne cream, BUT it is not 100% fool proof for getting rid of spots. You may need to combine it with a toner like witch hazel and rose water, and it will not totally get rid of redness. This is a great product for reducing surprise pimples quickly.
This product works great for acne on the face. I apply this to the spots on my face that need improvement and by the next morning, the spots would be almost gone! I love this product because I only use the smallest amount and I get results instantly! I’ve been using the same bottle for over 2 months now and i don’t think it’s close to half way. This product definitely met my expectations and I would 100% buy it again!
This is my go to acne spot treatment, without fail I can see a visible difference in my pimples. To be honest I would say in about three hours I can count on this product to start working. I always keep this product on deck because it works so well. I will admit that it can seriously dry out the skin around the pimple and make it flaky so I would advise being precise when applying and using a moisturizer.
This gel spot treatment worked so well for getting rid of my acne! I would apply it on my pimples before bed, and by the time i woke up, my acne was much less inflamed and was reduced in size. The fact that it’s a clear gel formula is nice because I can also apply it in the morning and nobody can see it, as when it dries it doesn’t leave a film, it just dries clear and completely unnoticeable.
I have use this product for years and it has definitely save me from major skin disasters in the past. As soon as I feel a break out coming I place a small amount on my clean face at night and wake up with nothing but clear skin. The only thing to remember is that a tiny amount goes a long way with this product so don’t over due to because it can cause the skin to become redden and dry. 😘
Q & A
Did anyone experience dryness with this product?
I know you can use this as a spot treatment and just dab it on the pimples, but can you put a thin layer all over your face to prevent new ones from appearing?
Is it worth the money since they're small?
Does this burn?
Did it dry out anyone elses face where you applied it? I'm not a fan of this
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos