Jana M.
Andover, CT

Demi D.
Demi D.
Dec. 2, 2016, 1:54 p.m.
yep! thats exactly what i do to help prevent breakouts
Megan H.
Megan H.
Nov. 30, 2016, 11:08 p.m.
I would use it as a mask. Its made as a spot treatment so its a lot medicine for the whole face.
Katherine D.
Katherine D.
Nov. 20, 2016, 9:15 p.m.
No! If you do it your skin got dryness
Talia F.
Talia F.
Aug. 9, 2016, 3:24 p.m.
No, don't do that. It will dry out your skin. There are plenty of other products you can use to prevent break outs.
Celia S.
Celia S.
May 13, 2014, 3:18 p.m.
Nooo. If you keep doing that it will dry your skin really bad!
Laura P.
Laura P.
April 24, 2014, 7:50 p.m.
I have, but I have found that you also need to moisturize, since the product did dry out my skin quite a bit.
Angela D.
Angela D.
Dec. 10, 2013, 7:19 p.m.
This product is in a line system so why not just get the wash and moisturizer if you need to cover your whole face
Kate L.
Kate L.
Nov. 19, 2013, 2:43 p.m.
Most definitely. And the best part is it is pretty lightweight and it's clear so you can't see it when it dries....you know it case you put it on around other people :)
Nichole S.
Nichole S.
Aug. 31, 2013, 12:32 p.m.
There have been days where I'd notice a reddish bump (not quite a zit) on my chin or nose and I'd apply a layer of this all over the chin or nose and it took the bump away to where it didn't develop into a zit.
Abigail C.
Abigail C.
Aug. 23, 2013, 12:36 a.m.
I've used it on my nose and chin to combat blackheads. It's not a miracle treatment but it helps.
Victoria K.
Victoria K.
May 12, 2013, 9:21 a.m.
I wouldn't because this product is super drying. You are better off just using a face wash or a moisturizer that contains the same active ingredients but won't dry out your face.
Feb. 2, 2013, 3:03 p.m.
It may dry your skin and leave a weird feeling residue. I suggest an OTC product with the active ingredient salycilic acid.
Shelly P.
Shelly P.
Jan. 27, 2013, 6:40 a.m.
I wouldn't recommend that because it can dry out your whole face, and the places where it has no acne can get acne.
Erica C.
Erica C.
Dec. 12, 2012, 12:12 p.m.
You can do both
Audrey F.
Audrey F.
Nov. 14, 2012, 12:39 p.m.
It will probably dry your skin out if you do that. You can buy products with the same ingredients that are meant to go all over your face and not be as drying.
Khloe D.
Khloe D.
Nov. 12, 2012, 3:37 p.m.
It will definitely dry out your face. Best just to keep it on small pimples.
Erica M.
Erica M.
Oct. 28, 2012, 6:12 p.m.
You can, but I would do it sparingly. Overuse may cause drying.
Tee R.
Tee R.
Oct. 27, 2012, 9:16 a.m.
If you have sensitive skin, I wouldn't personally do that.
Courtnie L.
Courtnie L.
Oct. 24, 2012, 2:44 p.m.
This would be too harsh to use all over your face. It would dry out even the oiliest skin. I suggest using a toner all over if you have oilier skin. A toner with salicylic acid will prevent future breakouts without drying it out so intensely!
kaitlyn w.
kaitlyn w.
Oct. 24, 2012, 5:16 a.m.
This would be very harsh on your skin. I can feel it drying out my spot in a few minutes
Kayla B.
Kayla B.
Oct. 22, 2012, 1:41 p.m.
You could, but I wouldn't recommend it. It might be too harsh and really dry out your skin. If you still want to try it after I'd suggest applying a moisturizer as well.
Alicia H.
Alicia H.
Oct. 18, 2012, 7:37 a.m.
You could but remember different parts of your face will have different skin types. If you are a person with combination skin oily through the t-zone but very dry on the cheeks. you want to stay away from placing this all over your cheeks.
Influenster M.
Influenster M.
Oct. 18, 2012, 5:21 a.m.
You can but I wouldn't recommend it. I had the same thought and decided to try it. This works great as a spot treatment but when I used it all over my face I found my skin became dry in certains spots
Vonnie W.
Vonnie W.
Oct. 17, 2012, 4:54 p.m.
I wouldn't recommend using it all over. This is a powerful medication that has the potential to dry your skin out. Clean & Clear does make other products that are made to clear acne without being too overpowering. Stick to using this as spot treatment and choose another product from their line for more serious acne fighting all over the face.
Devon M.
Devon M.
Oct. 17, 2012, 1 p.m.
I wouldn't recommend doing that. This stuff is really strong. Depending on your skin type you may dry your skin out.
Daphney S.
Daphney S.
Oct. 17, 2012, 12:16 p.m.
I did that and now my whole face it getting lighter....
Alanie Q.
Alanie Q.
Oct. 16, 2012, 2:27 p.m.
You could use it all over your face but i wouldn't recommend you do so because it is a "drying" treatment.
DaLa W.
DaLa W.
Oct. 15, 2012, 8:07 p.m.
Not likely. The product is meant to "dry up" the bacteria in a pimple or blocked pore, so it would be too drying. Also, it wouldn't be cost effective. You can, however buy the other advantage products, i.e. washes and moisturizer that also contain the salcylic acid and other ingredients associated with acne reduction to prevent pimples. Also, watch out what you do to cause acne. Cell phones tend to cause breakouts on the chin and cheeks, use a headset or speaker phone when you can, and wipe yours down with an alcohol pad. Also quit picking at your face. in fact, don't touch it at all. Also, keep your hair off of it, because your product may affect your skin.
Katelyn F.
Katelyn F.
Oct. 13, 2012, 2:43 a.m.
Depends on your skin.
Tyla G.
Tyla G.
Oct. 11, 2012, 12:56 a.m.
Ive tried this and sadly it did not tend to help even when i would dab it on my face i wish it would but it really wasn't made for your entire face
Elizabeth M.
Elizabeth M.
Oct. 10, 2012, 3:13 p.m.
I think this product would be way too harsh to put all over the skin. so i don't recomment it for all over the face
Jennifer L.
Jennifer L.
Oct. 10, 2012, 1:33 p.m.
It really does depend on your skin. I'd try first a larger area of your face and try and see if you see improvements. If you get irritation, don't do it.
Rachel A.
Rachel A.
Oct. 9, 2012, 7:11 p.m.
It depends on your skin. My skin leans on the drier side and doing that would destroy my skin.
Elinor M.
Elinor M.
Oct. 9, 2012, 9:51 a.m.
I have done this before and did it daily for like a week and it left my skin dry and burning.
Amanda C.
Amanda C.
Oct. 9, 2012, 5:50 a.m.
It makes me dry out SO BAD if I put it anywhere else, so I wouldn't. Sometimes I use the clean & clear dual action moisturizer first, and then use this stuff a little more generously. but it will still dry you out!
Sara M.
Sara M.
Oct. 8, 2012, 2:45 p.m.
I would not recommend doing that. This product has strong ingredients targeted to get rid of pimples, therefore i don't think it would be very healthy to put all over your face.
Oct. 8, 2012, 1:45 p.m.
I wouldn't recommend using it all over your face. The product is very strong and very drying!
Hanna V.
Hanna V.
Oct. 8, 2012, 7:20 a.m.
I don't think the company recommends that, but as long as you keep your skin moist (use some sort of oil free lotion) it should work fine for you.
Maggie S.
Maggie S.
Oct. 7, 2012, 5:13 p.m.
Tried this, I noticed that the more product I used the less effective it was.
Mary R.
Mary R.
Oct. 7, 2012, 11:34 a.m.
I've tried doing that with a similar cream that contained salicylic acid and ended up with a red face in the morning. If you skin is sensitive at all, I would not recommend it.
Jasmine A.
Jasmine A.
Oct. 6, 2012, 10:28 p.m.
I use a thin layer on my chin )problem area for me) every other night before bed. i works wonders for keeping the breakouts from popping up
Corie S.
Corie S.
Oct. 6, 2012, 5:30 p.m.
I use it all over my place and seem to not have a problem with it. Sometimes my face will get dry, but not too bad.
Raquel A.
Raquel A.
Oct. 6, 2012, 5:05 p.m.
I think this product would be way too harsh to put all over the skin. It's very drying and it might irritate your skin because of how strong it is!
Allana M.
Allana M.
Oct. 6, 2012, 3:14 p.m.
You probably could a few times a week but I found this product dried my skin out. Using it on your entire face could cause more breakouts.
Misty A.
Misty A.
Oct. 5, 2012, 9:58 p.m.
If you try it make sure you have a good moisturizer and exfoliate the dead dry skin.
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Oct. 5, 2012, 1:12 p.m.
Its probaly drying but i do it too!
Sarah-Nicole M.
Sarah-Nicole M.
Oct. 5, 2012, 11:35 a.m.
You cold potentially, however it is very drying and may irritate your skin!
Lorisha S.
Lorisha S.
Oct. 5, 2012, 3 a.m.
I slather this on my whole cheek and forehead area after I've worn foundation to head off breakouts and it works well for me. But as someone els suggested it would be more cost effective to get a lotion with the active ingredient in it. Clean and clear actually makes a daily face cream with salicylic acid in it and I often use that.
Leighann M.
Leighann M.
Oct. 4, 2012, 9:12 p.m.
I found the cleansers to be too harsh for my skin, but I have used this on large sections of my face. Mostly where I'm prone to breakouts. Cheeks, chin. I tried it about 2-3 times a week and it did okay.
Sybil Y.
Sybil Y.
Oct. 4, 2012, 6:45 p.m.
The active ingredient is salicylic acid, which you can find in just about any other acne cleanser or night cream - even clean and clear's own line. Using those would be more cost effective than using the spot treatment over your entire face.

Join Now