Cheryl T.
Cheryl T.
Seattle, WA
Did anyone experience dryness with this product?
Isabel R.
Isabel R.
St Petersburg, FL
3 months ago
Yes! I had to apply moisturizer the day after (I usually applied this at night)
Caroline C.
Caroline C.
3 months, 3 weeks ago
Yes just make sure you moisturize!! I recommend the Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Control Moisturizer it's amazing and it doesn't break me out
Noorulain T.
Noorulain T.
Everett
5 months ago
yes it can cause dryness, so make sure you keep your face Hydrated and use a face moisturizer that has a light formula so it won't clog your pores
Michelle M.
Michelle M.
Tampa , FL
6 months, 3 weeks ago
It will dry your skin. That's why it is important to only apply the gel to the breakout directly.
Bianca M.
Bianca M.
7 months, 1 week ago
I would say yes since it is working to clear up pimples, but as with anything it really depends on your skin type.
Tammy C.
Tammy C.
Saint john, NB
8 months, 2 weeks ago
Yes..where I applied the product it dried out my skin bad.
Rebecca B.
Rebecca B.
8 months, 3 weeks ago
I actually did, but if you use it sparingly, then you should be fine!
shahed a.
shahed a.
Alsip, IL
9 months ago
I've only been using this product for three days now, so far no dry spots have occurred.
Jessica M.
Jessica M.
Kissimmee, FL
9 months ago
Over a period of time I did experience some dryness. Around the folds of my nose and my cheeks.
Amy K.
Amy K.
Meadows Place, TX
9 months, 2 weeks ago
Yes, I did. I'm not sure why, but a lot of times when I use this, that particular spot on my face or body will get dry.
Matthew R.
Matthew R.
Apple Valley, CA
9 months, 2 weeks ago
I experienced a lot of dryness with this product unfortunately. But it may be because of my skin type that it dries me out.
Jillian F.
Jillian F.
Muncie, IN
9 months, 3 weeks ago
I did when I put it on my whole face.
member-72c8549e4
member-72c8549e4
9 months, 3 weeks ago
A little. I never put it all over my face. Just on individual zits
Amber L.
Amber L.
Oconomowoc, WI
9 months, 3 weeks ago
This will cause minimal dryness, possibly more in the winter. It dries up excess oil and dries up acne. You can reduce the days in a row that you use it to cut down on irritation. I would suggest just using it as a spot treatment and not all over the face. That way you aren't creating other dry/problem areas. Just clearing up pesky zits 😋
Lindsey H.
Lindsey H.
9 months, 3 weeks ago
Yes, I did experience dryness. However, I liked that result. Drying helps clear the acne from my face, which is what the product was meant to do! Only apply the product to the imperfection and use a moisturizer (I suggest CeraVe) for the best results.
Damira S.
Damira S.
9 months, 3 weeks ago
Yes it was pretty drying for me i would put on a light non clogging oil over on top.
Holly G.
Holly G.
9 months, 3 weeks ago
This product does cause drying, so when using I make sure to only put it on the affected spot and not the skin around the area.
Lovable S.
Lovable S.
Beijing
9 months, 3 weeks ago
It is drying because of the salicylic acid, but that's the use for , to dry the pimple, so can clear out faster, you only use it on the pimple or breakout area, not all over thou :) It works for me.
Okeechobee, FL
10 months ago
It's got salicylic acid so it will dry you out. That active ingredient is what gets rid of the acne and can be very irritating, especially to sensitive skin. I recommend using a light oil-free moisturizer to replenish the skin without making breakouts worse.
Susan A.
Susan A.
Fresh Meadows, NY
10 months ago
It dried out my skin extremely badly. I was left with the area peeling and ended up with redness. Although it does the job, I don't think I would want to risk it for dryness and redness on my skin.
Oxy r.
Oxy r.
10 months, 1 week ago
The product does need to cause dryness to get rid of the problem spots.
Cynthia S.
Cynthia S.
10 months, 1 week ago
It dried out my skin really bad, but it did its job. Like other people have said, I would just use it with a moisturizer.
Fabiola S.
Fabiola S.
10 months, 1 week ago
So for a couple weeks, my skin revolted on me. I had really bad breakouts and nothing was working. I went to Sephora and the girl recommended me this, and I am so glad she did! I am so suprised at how fast this works overnight. My skin was already clearer in the morning. I am so shook!!! I have normal to dry skin and usually acne products dry me out sooo bad but this hasn't. I definitely recommend this to anyone, you will see results in 2-3 days!!!
Lauren C.
Lauren C.
10 months, 1 week ago
I had a lot of dryness with this, even without repeated use. My skin also became very red and flaky at the application site.
Abby C.
Abby C.
Stoughton, WI
10 months, 1 week ago
This product did tend to dry my skin out with repeated use on acne spots.
10 months, 1 week ago
I don't have that problem when I use this but a great moisturizer will do the trick :)
Genesis D.
Genesis D.
10 months, 1 week ago
Yes, but just a little bit.
Isabela A.
Isabela A.
Lincolnshire, IL
10 months, 1 week ago
Yes, my skin dries out a little... But my acne went away now I get the occasional pimple. Just don't put too much and only use it on the affected area.
Natalie N.
Natalie N.
AJAX
1 year ago
usually what I do, after the cream dries on my face I put a moisturizer which helped me a lot with dryness because my skin is naturally dry. Just make sure you don't put too much cream on the pimple because that can cause extreme dryness as well.
Dava R.
Dava R.
Lake Mary, FL
1 year, 1 month ago
YES way way way too much.
Caitlin W.
Caitlin W.
Brownsville, KY
1 year, 2 months ago
The product has salicylic acid in which aids in basically drying up the pimple/acne. If you use to much of it or if your skin is prone to drying out, then yes, it can cause some dry skin.
Veronica S.
Marlisse T.
Marlisse T.
Hatillo, PR
4 years, 3 months ago
I didn't experience dryness, I think that it depends on the type of skin you have.
Tabitha S.
Tabitha S.
4 years, 3 months ago
Shelly P.
Shelly P.
Brampton
4 years, 7 months ago
Yeah, did not work for me sadly
Amanda G.
Amanda G.
Martinsburg, WV
4 years, 10 months ago
It dried out a little where applied but i figured it's drying out the oils to get rid of the pimples. Try using it with Clean & Clear Dual Action moisturizer keeps my skin clear and fresh.
Jingwen L.
Jingwen L.
North York, Ontario
4 years, 10 months ago
Yup~ Coming from a person with very oily skin! It dried the skin around the blemish ;//
Chantal W.
Chantal W.
Annette G.
Annette G.
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes but that is what you want on spot treating. I do not use it all over my face
Evie C.
Evie C.
Glasgow
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes, if I used it a little too much
Okeechobee, FL
4 years, 11 months ago
I did experience some dryness, but if you use a moisturizer with it the dryness won't be as bad as using the product alone will. Try some of the moisturizers from the Clean & Clear line. They have moisturizers that also have the acne medication in them that will battle the problem while adding moisture.
BlueEyedBlonde G.
BlueEyedBlonde G.
4 years, 11 months ago
A little bit not too much though, but I also always use a moisturizer everyday even with spot treatments and it helps to keep my face from becoming to dry! so if you are having problems with dry skin try using a good moisturizer and one that wont clog your pores and is made for blemished skin also try to use something with in the clean and clear line its a good idea to use all your face products like toner, moisturizer, cleanser and spot treatments all from the same line because they were made to be used together and if you ones from multiple lines it could cause irritation or even breakouts because of the chemicals in the products reacting with one another.
Kathryn L.
Kathryn L.
Charlestown, MA
4 years, 11 months ago
It is normal to experience some dryness when using a product like this, but I use an oil-free moisturizer with it, and it works like a charm
Katie K.
Katie K.
E Springfield, PA
4 years, 11 months ago
I had a little dryness. I just used a moisturizer with it.
Katelyn F.
Katelyn F.
Cheney, WA
4 years, 11 months ago
At first, yes. But your skin gets used to it!
Holly C.
Holly C.
Fate, TX
Yes, but that's normal.
Eliza K.
Eliza K.
Millburn, NJ
4 years, 11 months ago
A little but only over a long time
Pam A.
Pam A.
Yeah
Mallory S.
Mallory S.
Davenport Iowa
4 years, 11 months ago
Absolutely. This not only dried out my skin, but did nothing for it.
Elinor M.
Elinor M.
Warren, MI
Oakland, CA
4 years, 11 months ago
It didn't dry out my skin - especially as a spot treatment since the breakout area is generally so oily. Just don't apply it to sensitive areas around the nose or eyes.
Chelsea J.
Chelsea J.
Paramus, NJ
4 years, 11 months ago
I had to stop using this product because my sensitive skin got too dry and irritated.
Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.
Lake Park, GA
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes I had to use it less because it made my face very dry and irritated
Heaven R.
Heaven R.
Memphis, TN
4 years, 11 months ago
A little but hey its better to be able to moisturize then have a big zit on a picture day or etc
Gina H.
Gina H.
Elk Grove, CA
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes, you can tend to get some dryness with this product. Exfoliate and moisturize.
Allana M.
Allana M.
Parma, OH
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes I experience dryness with this product, even if I only used it once a day! Areas affected with blemishes would flake off when they were healing!
lilliana s.
Colleen D.
Colleen D.
Brighton, MA
4 years, 11 months ago
YES. Ugh it made my skin so dry.
Angelique D.
Angelique D.
Oakland Park, FL
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes, which is pretty normal. The best time to use it is at night.
Oakland, CA
4 years, 11 months ago
No, but then I do not have sensitive skin, and my skin is also very oily.
Janice V.
Janice V.
Sahuarita, AZ
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes, but mostly if you are experiencing dryness is that you are using wayy too much and drying out your skin. After all it has salicid acid!
Chelsea L.
Chelsea L.
Ocala, FL
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes, that's kind of the whole point to dry out the pimple and clear the redness. Only apply the product to the pimples that are bothering you. Do not apply to a big area. If you have to apply to a big area use with a light moisturizer.
Elizabeth B.
Elizabeth B.
Durham, North Carolina
4 years, 11 months ago
Some but nothing a good moisturizer count handle.
Joyce G.
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Pittsburgh, PA
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes but only a little! Its supposed to since it dries out the pimple:)
Helen T.
Helen T.
Whitestone, NY
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes, particularly in the area that you are treating. This is a side-effect of most acne treatments. However, as compared to other treatments I thought that the dryness caused by this product was minimal.
Stephanie B.
Stephanie B.
Pace, FL
4 years, 11 months ago
As long as I remember to moisturize, I don't have an issue. I think a lot depends on how often you use it and what type of skin you have.
Christine T.
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY
4 years, 11 months ago
YES. it can dry out your skin a lot, epecially if you use it every day. i had to find a great moisturizer to pair with this product so my skin stayed not flaky. try the clean and clear oil free moisturizer with salicylic acid as well
Gina P.
Gina P.
Orlando, FL
4 years, 11 months ago
Very much so. I have oily skin and it made me dry and flaky.
Jessica Z.
Jessica Z.
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes, but only a little. I make sure I only put it where I need it, let the product dry/soak in and then apply my moisturizer. I also just use it at night as any more than that increases the dryness.
Brianna B.
Brianna B.
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes, which is why it is good to cut down use to every other day.
korrice g.
korrice g.
Pompano Beach, FL
4 years, 11 months ago
This product is very drying because of the percentage of salycic acid in it i suggest if you have dry skin stay away or use a moisturizer at alll times
Tia S.
Tia S.
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes, and I have dry skin to begin with
Martha H.
Martha H.
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes, if you're using multiple acne products (wash, scrub, spot treatment, etc.). If you use it sparingly and remember not to skip your moisturizer the effect is lessened. I do think the dryness was less than with other brands I've tried.
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes, it does dry your skin.
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes, it does dry your skin.
Sarah-Nicole M.
Sarah-Nicole M.
Victoria
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes, I'm actually not able to use this product, as my skin is so dry to begin with.
Danielle T.
Danielle T.
Stoney Creek, ON
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes - I have experienced a little dryness. Try to apply only to the necessary areas when needed, and make sure you moisturize!
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes a little bit just try to use as little as possible on dry areas of your face and don't use it every day if you have naturally dry skin
Valeria C.