Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment

• Voila! Pimple looks better. Now get out there and have some fun!

Recomended for:

Skin Need: Oil, Pimples

Direction:

• Because this is a medicine, it’s super important to start with clean skin.
  • If your skin starts to dry out or peel, reduce your use to once a day.

Salicylic Acid (2%)

Warnings:

For external use only.
When using this product
- Rinse right away with water if it gets in eyes

Diid this work for anyone? i had used it twice but i felt like it didnt do anything!!
Does it work? Does it clear a lot of acne?
[product:clean-&-clear-advantage-acne-spot-treatment] Does it work?
Start your review of Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment!
Product Highlights
“honestly i like this prodcut and it does help get rid of pimpples but it peels your skin and leaves the area very dry and if i put makeup over it it just looks ugly but it does what it says it would” in reviews
“...sure if i used it too much that my skin got used to it or what but it works great it didnt dry out my skin or anything and it did what it claimed to do!” in reviews
“I used these clean and clear product when i have a big zit..it sting when applying but the next day is gone leaving a acne mark.” in reviews
“...by morning the swelling has gone down and if i reapply the pimple will go away after a day or 2.” in reviews
“This is a life saver everytime I feel a big prople coming I put this one and boom next morning its gone its soo good and cheap” in reviews
Clanton, AL
First off, my skin has been for the most part clear all of my life. So in saying this the first bump freaks me out. I do not have to use products like this daily or all over my face so I just need a spot treatment. Some face products tend to give me fits from time to time. Ok, this stuff just works. I read so many reviews about which to buy and the base ingredients. Made me feel great that doctors recommend this one. I put just a thin layer on my areas that need to be treated, even if my skin feels a read oily, I treat it along my jawbone usually. A bump now only lasts maybe a day or day and a half vs trying to rise and stay there for a week. I'm totally impressed that I've found that one product without shopping for many with this one. It does not dry out my skin like some have said to make it peel. I just found a tiny bit goes a really long way. I'm 47 and this is the first time I've went out of my way to find a product like this in many years! I did use a pink solution but cannot seem to find it easily on shelves anymore. So Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment is now in my makeup case as a staple!
Anchorage, AK
Purchased at: Walmart
I absolutely love this product!! I was never prone to acne in my teens or twenties, but now that I'm in my 40s I'm noticing that I seem to be getting stress-induced breakouts. And - I kid you not - this stuff is LITERALLY a miracle in a tube. I'm also HIGHLY allergic to benzoyl peroxide (which used to be the main ingredient in most acne medications) - I break out in HORRIBLE hives if the stuff even comes into contact with my skin. So a product with salicylic acid is absolutely necessary for me. I haven't used another spot treatment since I discovered this stuff. And since then, you can always open a drawer in my bathroom and find at least one tube on standby. I have never found a spot treatment that literally clears my breakouts up overnight, but this does. And you can't beat the price, either!! Definitely recommend this product. Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
Wallington , NJ
Purchased at: Walmart
I started using this waaaaay back in high school for peaty spots I swore would never go away. This did the job. As I got older I transitioned to using other things. After years of using more “adult” brands, I decided to pare down my routine and the amount I spent of unnecessary ingredients for a bit. I picked this up on a whim because a previous bout of random spots were like starting to pop up. And within hours, the size of the pimple was reduced by at least half. And left overnight I wake up with clear skin. For me the best way/order to apply this products is after a serum but before moisturizer and/or oils. The gel texture is super easy to work with and after it’s a bit dry on the skin, I spritz with my Evian (ugh I hate myself for even having one, but it’s soooo good) and top with the remaining skincare items.
East Haven
This acne spot treatment is awesome! I love it so so so much. It decreases and even gets rid of some pimples over night. It’s not expensive at all and is very affective. I would 10/10 recommend for people with acne like myself. It usually does not work on the tiny little bumps that usually appear on the forehead. It works on real pimples and I found that it even help with blind pimples. The salicylic acid in it is what is so affective in clearing the pimples. It can cause your skin to be dry if you use to much so I recommend not using it often when you first buy it. Gradually you should put it on more than once a day or add more. Even though it is a drug store brand in my opinion it works better than the Murad spot treatment. Again it wouldn’t hurt to try since it is so inexpensive.
Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment uploaded by Momo A.
Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment uploaded by Momo A.
Purchased at: Target
I used to love this product, but after buying a new tube recently, I just don’t feel as though the formula is the same that it used to be. It does a great job of subsiding breakouts but once the blemish goes down in its entirety, it leaves a scar on my face. This wouldn’t happen before but it continues to happen whenever I apply this for PMS breakouts. Slightly disappointed. I’m only giving this three stars because of my past experiences with this product, but as of now, it’s not something I’d reach for as often.
Charleston
Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment uploaded by Baker W.
Purchased at: Walgreens
I really love this product for the ease of use and also for the four ability and effectiveness and treating acne. I started using this product about four months ago and in that time my acne has decreased significantly. One of the only drawback is in this product is that it does not treat scarring so it only treats active pimples that are raised off the skin. I would definitely recommend this product to people with whiteheads or blackheads who just really want to get rid of them quickly and don’t mind a little stinging or a little burning sensation when applying the product.
Jacksonville, FL
Purchased at: Target
Love this formula. Salicylic acid works better for me than benzoyl peroxide, since it is more drying and more preventative of scars (heard that from a dermatologist) (I get big whiteheads and easy scarring). I’ve tried other drugstore salicylic acid spot treatments and I find this to be the best but still nothing special. I actually slightly prefer Mario Badescu’s salicylic acid spot treatment, but it dries pink (so only wear overnight, not in public), and it’s expensive. Now, this clean and clear one is my go-to. :) BTW my skin is: slightly oily/normal, light whitehead acne on jawline+chin + forehead bumps, very light skin, prone to scarring.
Brooklyn, NY
Purchased at: Target
seriously swear by this little tube. first used it years ago when spots would come up & it basically took care of them overnight (bc of the high amount of salicylic acid for an over the counter product i’m guessing, but beware for people w super dry or super sensitive skin ! ) i think the formula may have changed over the years (??) and it’s not as strong or doesn’t work as well as it used to, but it still works ! just happens to take a few days instead of overnight. love this treatment !
Brooklyn, NY
I have not had great experiences with Clean & Clear products, so it comes as a surprise that this is a holy grail of my skin care routine. When I catch a pimple early as it begins to form and put this on there, it is gone the next morning. At most it would take 3 days for a pimple to disappear. It costs about $7 at target and is very worth it. A little goes a long way and a tube will last you a long time. I recommend trying this product if you often get whiteheads.
California, CA
I currently have this item and i use it all the time whenever i have pimples and it really works wonders! this product shrinks my pimples overnight , not drastically but you can notice a change. The redness also decreases and so does the swelling just like how the product says. This product does burn a little bit once you put it on the pimple but i’m sure that is normal. I’m sad that this product doesn’t make my tiny skin colored bumps disappear but my pimples do!

744 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Murray
il y a 6 jours
Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment ? Does this product really do what it claims?
Bradyn B. • il y a 6 jours
not really after 4 hours some pimples are still red but everyone is different. it is a good spot treatment, make sure you are only putting it on your pimples tho cause it does have denatured alcohol in it