BY CLASSPASS #8 in Fitness Classes & Programs

ClassPass is a new kind of gym membership that grants you access to thousands of different classes at studios and gyms in your city and around the world.

Price of membership depends on your plan type and city, and you can book and explore classes ranging from yoga to barre to cycling to martial arts – the options are truly endless!

The number of classes you can take and the number of times you can visit a studio per month depends on which plan you're on. With hundreds of studios in our ever-growing network, you're bound to always find a new class to enjoy. When your cycle renews, you can go back and revisit those favorites yet again!

Locations New York, Los Angeles/Orange County, San Francisco, Chicago, Miami/South Florida, Boston, Washington, DC, Seattle, Atlanta, Austin, Charlotte, Columbus, Dallas/Fort Worth, Denver/Boulder, Houston, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Philadelphia, Phoenix/Scottsdale, Portland, San Diego, Las Vegas, Raleigh, Baltimore, Tampa, St. Louis, Orlando, Nashville, Sacramento, Kansas City, London, Toronto, Vancouver, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide

• I heard so many great things about this but haven't gotte...2 Answers
  • Never heard of this, is it worth it?2 Answers
  • I'm trying to find a gym/class membership for this year. ...3 Answers
Chelsea C.
Chicago
I love ClassPass, but each time they add updates it seems to decrease the value for subscribers. I have been a subscriber paying $115/mo in Chicago for about 2 years AND I subscribe to the new ClassPass Live. Their recent update 3/2018 changed the credits rollover policy from up to 70 credits/mo to just 10 credits/mo. Not long after (4/2018), credit rates for Chicago classes also increased about 2 credits/class. Not only was the update poorly communicated (the email did not specify when the changes would take effect and their online policy change was updated over 6 weeks after the change took place), but I had previously been a "beta" user testing out app updates, and wasn't told whether or not the change would affect me. 2 months after the changes took place, I realized I had lost a total of 60 credits (roughly $100). I explained the confusion to a customer service person, who credited me 25 credits. Better than nothing... but - at what point should they consider the satisfaction of a loyal customer over the value of those extra 35 credits they refused to credit me? Them refusing to give me back the additional 35 credits may have cost them a monthly subscription. The customer service quality and value of ClassPass has only gone down since I became a member.
U V.
I always like to start with positives- ClassPass does afford me variety, and the new credit system actually does generally let me take more classes per month.

Negatives: pricey, limitation on how many times per month I can visit a studio/gym (2 or 3, depending on your membership), not-so-great customer service, and TERRIBLE class cancellation policies.  Be forewarned, if you don't cancel a class at least 12- yes, 12- hours before the class starts, you're charged a $15 fee. If you miss a class, it's $20. The 12-hour mandate is absurd; we're adults, things happen- all manner of unexpected things may happen less than 12 hours before a class starts to prevent you from attending... I live in NYC, and the subways do whatever they want, especially on weekends- often leaving you to hope and pray you get to your destination on time.  Life happens to us all, and to charge you for not magically predicting changes at least 12 hours in advance is ludicrous; I can understand 1 or even 2 hours, but 12 hours is really long, and they know it... and they know they will make quite a bit of money off of a lot of people for it.  If I'm paying a membership fee, why am I paying cancellation fees on top of that?  It's gross.  In general, the quality of ClassPass has gone downhill as they've grown; plan prices have gone way up, and flexibility around classes has generally gone down.  As other people have mentioned, it's often cheaper to just book classes directly with the studio or gym you want.
Kateryna T.
Brooklyn, NY
I have a love/ hate relationship with Classpass. As others have mentioned already, they do change their business model a lot. First time I tried it several years ago it was unlimited but very limited to studios or gyms you could use. Then they switched to credit system but with better fancier class options. If you live in a big city and want to try a class that is overly hyped then its worth it. But if you looking for somewhat of a consistency they have an option to join Blink fitness ( horrible gym in my opinion). Overall I like Classpass to try new things that I know cost may more then I pay for classpass right now.
Hannah A.
Portland, OR
I am in process of my free trial and I already know I will love this. The best part is that it’s universal for lots of different types of workouts. Yoga, Pilates, kickboxing, hot yoga, studio classes, cycling, Anything! A good way to get you moving and into some new types of classes to build your strength. I recommend getting it with a friend so that you can bond over some sweat sessions!
member-9e381
this website is just a piece of shit,it hooks you to start a monthly payment, when i cancel the plan for next month, the current month plan i already purchased gone too. WTF?you can not just take away about the thing I already paid.also, it is extremely ridiculous to charge extra money if you no show in the class. come on. I payed for the class, i can decide go or not, and also if there is emergency situation happen makes you not able to go. it is already sad, but classpass is like a robber to take another 20 dollars from you.this website is really shameless and shitty. makes me very angry.
J。 L.
I recently came back to Classpass after cancelling and joining Equinox. I never really knew what to do with the gym equipment (except for the treadmill) and I missed the specialty boutique studios with Classpass. I love the variety and ability to try different activities. To name a few of my favorites, I usually cycle through Cyc Fitness, Mile High Run club, Physique 57, Flex Studios or Barry's.

Spots are sometimes limited so you have to be on your A-game booking classes when they open 7 days out. The 12 hour cancellation policy sucks when I get held up at work but I understand the need for them to enforce this. Classpass was usually pretty lenient with waiving the first time it happened.

Amy C.
I really like the idea of ClassPass. As a graduate student living in the city where gyms alone are about 120 a month, this app is worth it for the sole reason of not breaking the bank to get the use of great gyms. However, i think that for the amount of classes you can go to with their point system, they’re charging too much for their services.
Lauren M.
Columbus
I love ClassPass! It made it so easy to turn exercise back into a habit after I had let it slide for a couple years. While I'm sad that they discontinued their unlimited membership option (pretty much too good too be true for those of us who really take advantage of unlimited) I still think it's a great value for the monthly 10-class membership. It introduced me to many fitness studios around the city. I've focused on a few of my favorites and even bought class packs there (they win!). I keep ClassPass active because the classes are still cheaper through it, and I supplement with my in-studio packages. Booking is so easy, and I think the cancellation policy is reasonable.
Lydia E.
Boston, MA
Like many others I have mixed feelings about this company. I was an early classpass user who revived unlimited classes for $99 a month. Shortly after I joined it went up to $119, which I found to still be a good value. Not so long after that it went up again to &150, with no change in product. So essentially just paying more and more for the same exact product. I debated but stayed until they completely eliminated unlimited and made it $150 for 10 classes. So basically eliminating the original product. I was sad to leave all my boutique fitness spots, but have found deals directly from them to go back
Jenny D.
New York
I am a big fan of classpass but I do think it has gotten too expensive lately. The variety of classes is great but I do find that the no show fee frustrating because sometimes I have to work late which is uncontrollable and out of my control. Ease of using the app is excellent.
Ashlee F.
McPherson, KS
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
Never heard anything about it , is it good ?
Gurlene K.
Fremont, CA
I'm trying to find a gym/class membership for this year. I'm on a tight budget but trying to look for an affordable yet good option with regards to classes/facilities offered. Is ClassPass worth it? Anyone know of discount memberships?
Samuel O.
Brooklyn, NY
I heard so many great things about this but haven't gotten the chance to sign up. Before doing so, I just would like to know from all the ClassPass users out there what's your top 3 reasons for using ClassPass?
Christina A.
Las Vegas, NV
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
Never heard of this, is it worth it?