Hannah D.
Dallas, TX

I used to take Zertec and it gives me a headache and gives me nose bleeds. I've HEARD that Claritin doesn't dry you out ... true or false? I just can't take getting sinus headaches anymore.

Sarah R.
Sarah R.
Yacolt, WA
2 years, 1 month ago
Wellness Guru Expert Level 4
I purchased this today and it helped my son and I both out. it didn't dry either if us out. highly recommend.
Rachael K.
Rachael K.
Blackwood, NJ
2 years, 2 months ago
I take Claritin regularly during allergy season and no headaches or nose bleeds! Try a humidifier as well!
Ryan D.
Ryan D.
Philadelphia, PA
4 years ago
Claritin and Zyrtec work exactly the same and in theory should not dry you out. Is there a chance that you were taking Zyrtec-D? That product contains an additional product (the "D" portion) that definitely will dry you out. Either way, you didn't tolerate the Zyrtec it is worth giving Claritin a try just make sure you don't the the "D" verison of Claritin the only ingredient the product should contain is loratidine.
Christina T.
Christina T.
Cypress, TX
4 years, 2 months ago
I as well used to take Zyrtec. My pulmonologist suggests Claritin if the prescribed Clarinex is unavailable to you. Claritin works well for me.