Tianah R.
Tianah R.
Aviano, It

I bought this tool after looooong self debate as to whether it would be worth the money or my time using it. i like it . but i have acne and i want it clear up. i bought it at sephora, the italian woman who sold it told me (in choppy words) that it would transform my skin. has anyone with acne that has used this tool seen a significant positive result? I've only had it for maybe a week or two so i don't expect to see results so soon but i want to be sure it is more positive to use it rather than not use it due to Sarah A.'s review of it being a spreading mechanism of bacteria.
Sher S.
Sher S.
June 17, 2016, 10:48 a.m.
Yes it definitely helps clear up my skin. after using it for a while if you suddenly stop you will feel your skin looks slightly duller and doesn't feel as clean. it's a subtle tool - don't expect to see acne vanish overnight. it's more of a exfoliation and cleansing tool to help your skin remain bacteria free. i personally use it 1-2x per week and i have dry skin
Katy F.
Katy F.
Oct. 10, 2014, 9:08 p.m.
Your skin gets worse before it gets better with the Clarisonic because it brings all of the existing dirt and bacteria to the surface. It took about a month for me to see positive results. I have very acne prone skin and don't find that it causes my breakouts, though I can only use it once a day. Wash the head with antibacterial soap once a week and replace it every 3 months, and you'll be good!
katie l.
katie l.
Oct. 10, 2014, 6:16 p.m.
I've had my Mia 2 for around 2 years and my skin looks so much better while using the Mia. My skin has shown a great improvement and I have less acne. I clean the brush head every 3 weeks with clorox, but as long as you clean it regularly bacteria shouldn't be a problem.
Brenda P.
Brenda P.
Aug. 23, 2014, 6:51 p.m.
I had a huge improvement in my skin since using it for the last few months. I had adult, hormonal acne on my chin and cheek. It is almost all gone so far. My skin is waaaaay softer than it was before and looks a lot healthier too. The brush head I am using is the deep pore one.
Ashley R.
Ashley R.
Aug. 15, 2014, 6:05 p.m.
Yes, the brush has definitely cleared up my acne. I have combination skin and usually get acne in my T-zone. I've found that if I use the brush with my face wash (Murad acne clarifying cleanser), it makes a huge difference. The Clarisonic brush basically exfoliates away the oil on your face, which allows products to penetrate deeper into your skin. You just have to be consistent with it. If you still have breakouts, try using it morning and night. I just use it once a day. Good luck!
Davisha P.
Davisha P.
Aug. 12, 2014, 9:07 p.m.
I've had pretty bad acne for a long time, but I purchased this hoping that it would clear it up. Although I've only been using it for about two months, I have seen results. My acne has decreased greatly and my skin is not as red or oily anymore. I definitely think you will see results, but just have to give it some time.
Allie S.
Allie S.
July 23, 2014, 7:29 a.m.
I have seen wonderful results in my skin.. the texture is reduced, less dark areas, and less breakouts (however the first week or two i get more breakouts due to all the junk coming out)... you need to use it long term to see results and you must use it consistently. You will not see perfect results in a week!!!! I have been using mine for 2 years and I LOVE MY SKIN more than I ever have.
Daylan B.
Daylan B.
June 26, 2014, 5:11 a.m.
During the first week, the clarisonic brings out all of the dirt and gunk trapped in your pores out, so expect a few more breakouts during the first 2-3 weeks of using it. The argument of it spreading bacteria is valid in my opinion, which is why I don't touch on breakouts when washing my face with the clarisonic. I use mine for more of an exfoliating skin care step rather than to clear current breakouts. I find that it is most effective at getting rid of blackheads (trapped pores), improving texture, and making skin look "brighter" and more youthful
Michelle H.
Michelle H.
June 10, 2014, 11:18 p.m.
I use it specifically when I do have a breakout or acne coming. Try the murad clarifying cleanser, its for acne and definitely works amazing. I have combo skin. Your skin may still be getting used to the clarisonic so it could take longer, everybody is different. Or you could be going through the purging phase. Take a month or two to test it out, if you really don't like it, return it for a refund :) Good Luck

Join Now