BY CLARINS #52 in Face Oil

Purifying treatment oil hydrates, tones and balances oily skin types. Clarins’ exclusive concentrate of Rosewood, Geranium and Lotus extracts tightens pores and refines the skin texture. Hazelnut Oil softens, soothes and seals in moisture to minimizes the appearance of fine lines. Non-staining. Preservative-free.

• Ive heard a LOT of hype about this product. Is it really ...3 Answers
  • I have combination skin... Dry after shower but oily as t...2 Answers
  • Do you use a moisturizer in addition to this?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "This is up in my top Clarins skincare products. I love this facial oil because it absorbs deep like a drier oil which is great for oily to combo skin types. It smells very earthy and of strong essential oils but I personally love the scent. Some of those with sensitive skin may not enjoy. " in 5 reviews
Ekaterina T.
Wilmington, DE
To begin with, I have a combination of skin, prone to inflammation. In the winter, it becomes more dry and sensitive, but remains very receptive to the means that can make it heavier. And then again, hello, black dots and greasy luster.

In this tool, I fell in love almost immediately. I like everything in it: starting with a heavy glass bottle, its aroma and of course the effect.
This product is not just a fatty oil, but a whole complex based on essential oils (rosemary, geranium, lotus and sage).
🌿This cosmetic oil restores skin balance and repairs the sebaceous glands
🌿Posses the reduction of the number of black dots, with regular application they have become almost invisible to me. At me have disappeared also podkozhniki
🌿 The oil does not tighten the skin and copes well with the peeling (although it is intended for oily and combi skin)
"I also help with inflammation." Pimples with him pass much faster. "But you have to be careful." First of all, I want to note that you will not notice any improvement if you just smear one of these oils. It is also important care in general.
💆🏼It is very important to observe exactly the method of application that the manufacturer advises.
Firstly, it needs quite a bit. 2-3 drops, not more. Secondly, the oil should be applied immediately after the tonic, while the face is still wet (on dry apply it is not possible) with patting movements. Another variant of use is possible - pour the tonic into the palm of your hand and drop a couple of drops of oil there, then apply all together on your face.
Arlene D.
Atlanta, GA
They say if you have oily skin you should use facial serums/oils to help balance your skin- I admit I never believed it... Until I tried this! I have an extremely oily t-zone and live in Georgia where the humidity is no joke. I started using this product about 6-8 weeks ago, and I am so glad I did! I have occasional breakouts (mostly hormonal) across my jaw line, chin, and below my cheek bones. After starting to use this product, I have experienced a notable difference in quality of my skin and reduction of nasty breakouts. I've also noticed that my skin does not get as oily as quickly (have not changed a primer or foundation use- so can tie back to this). I use at night to let it absorb all the way, but would be good to use in the morning over a long weekend at home.

If you're looking for something to calm your skin down during/after a breakout, and want to try out a new product to help balance your skin- this is for you! It smells AMAZING, very spa-like and floral. If you're sensitive to smell, you may want to test this out before purchasing to make sure it isn't too overwhelming.

10/10 would recommend
Tina Marie C.
Egg Hbr Twp, NJ
I have oily/combination skin, with large pores and cystic breakouts that lead to discoloration. I enacted a new skincare regimen about 7-8 months ago, and it has made an incredible difference in my skin. I use this Clarins product as a part of my morning skincare routine. After cleansing (Exfolikate cleanser), toning (P50 Pigm 400), treating (Differin), and eyecare (Niod fractionated eye contour concentrate)...  I mix two drops of this Lotus Face Treatment Oil with my moisturizer (Wrinkle Warrior). Since enacting a new morning and night routine, I have significantly less breakouts (and less/ more quickly corrected discoloration). As a result, most days I wear a tinted moisturizer (Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment) rather than a medium to full coverage foundation. After about 8 months of use, I have slightly less than half a bottle less, so while it is expensive, I anticipate getting a year out of it!
Kim S.
I really enjoy this oil. I have been using it on my chin where I tend to get hormonal break outs/ under the skin pimples and this has visibly reduced that. there was a time where every month I was getting one of those giant under the skin pimples and it would stick around for days no matter what I did. Since I started using them the normal acne under the skin pimple has barely appeared and it only lasted for 1 day.
Medina✨ K.
I’m only giving it a three star rating because I just purchased this facial oil. I purchased it at my local Ulta after a worker told me to try it since I told her I don’t feel like my moisturizer is moisturizing my face enough. Really enjoyed the product with with one use, I’m getting it in the mail tomorrow! Smells amazing too!
Carley W.
First off, this oil smells amazing. Second, it doesn’t feel heavy on my skin but still moisturizes. I use this at night after my serum and will layer a cream over if if I’m feeling particularly dry, but during the summer my skin feels good with just this. I press 3-4 drops into my face and neck and it absorbs quickly.
Alyssa M.
Glendale Hts, IL
This oil actually gave me a rash on my skin! It smelled very strong when I started using it and actually worked quite nice the first night, but after the first few days I used it my skin got very sensitive, red and blotchy. Once I stopped using it my skin went back to normal.
Olivia C.
Orlando, FL
I have been using this oil for years and I absolutely love it. At first I thought it was strange to use oil to combat oil but this oil is so balancing. I use it at night as a night serum and the next morning my face feels fresh and hydrated. Worth the investment!
Cortney M.
Arlington, TX
Absolutely love this treatment oil!! I use it every night after toning I spray a rose water mist lightly then pat this in. It sinks in beautifully and I have noticed an improvement in tone and the amount of breakouts. I will be keeping this in my collection!!
Sydney W.
Port Orchard, WA
I use this every night as a part of my skincare regimen and it has helped tremendously. Not only do I have oily skin, but also cystic acne. This has actually helped reduce the inflammation and the irritation caused by the acne. And, my acne is actually going away.
Maria K.
Alameda, CA
Has anyone broken out from trying this oil? I am picking this up today because I've heard it's a life saver for acne!
Tonia H.
Ive heard a LOT of hype about this product. Is it really that good for fine lines and blemishes? And is it eye safe?
Tina Marie C.
Egg Hbr Twp, NJ
Do you use a moisturizer in addition to this?
Yvonne H.
Oakland, CA
I have combination skin... Dry after shower but oily as the day goes by and during the afternoon it can get bad. I've tried different moisturizers but they don't seem to work. Has anyone with my kind of skin, tried this Clarins face treatment?
Serena
Does this help fade acne scars?