BY CLARINS

Luxurious silky cream plumps thirsty skin with precious moisture—and keeps it there—for all-day hydration. Shields skin from the dehydrating effects of daily thermic shocks that can leave it looking dry and weathered: sudden temperature changes, indoor and outdoor pollutants and environmental stress. Quenches skin with Organic leaf of life extract—a succulent plant that enhances the skin’s ability to retain precious moisture—leaving it comfortable, radiant and perfectly hydrated.

• Clarins Hydra-Essentiel Silky Cream For Normal To Dry Ski...3 Answers
  • I am considering buying this product because it does look...10 Answers
Clarins Hydra-Essentiel Silky Cream For Normal To Dry Skin
  • "I received this as a sample from influenster for free. I have used Clarins in the past and am a huge fan of the line. This moisturizer is no exception! Seriously awesome product and it also smells very nice. I have sensitive, dry skin and this quenched my skin without any irritation. Wears very well under foundation, etc " in 66 reviews
  • "I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes in the skincare vox box. And this cream is so silky and smooth. I love it, it smells so good! And hydrates my skin! I love the texture of this cream so much it feels extremely hydrating. I have been using it for about 3 weeks and it's amazing. I use it under my eyes and on dry patches. So far I feel like it has helped my dark undereye circles." in 65 reviews
  • "I actually am in love with this Hydra-Essentiel silky cream. The name of this product says it all--it is SILKY. It is so smooth and I have seen a true transformation in my skin. I tend to have sensitive skin, and this moisturizer is perfect. It's extremely gentle. As someone with combination skin who tends to get really dry in the winter, I was in need for a moisturizer that would lock in my moisture and this certainly has done the trick. Goodbye dry spots on my nose! As a result, my makeup application has been way smoother! Update: I have used this product for about two-three weeks at this point, not every day but every other day. Lately my nose has been peeling a lot because it is so dry due to the harsh Chicago winter weather, so I've been using the hydra-essentiel silky cream alongside the serum on my nose only. I find that if I use it on the areas where my face is the driest, it works the best. My makeup as a result has been holding up much better; when I don't use the serum and cream, I find that my skin flakes more and consequently my makeup flakes as well. I also like using this product at night because the fragrant is really light, but is soothing. It's like fresh laundry. I have sensitive skin but the scent doesn't effect it at all. No breakouts after using this product whatsoever. In fact, my skin looks pretty clear right now and with a subtle glow after using this cream. I do have like three acne scars that are left over from past breakouts, but I have not had any more flare ups since using this product. I am also surprised at how long lasting this cream is. I use about a pea-size of the cream once a day, sometimes twice a day. I have had this sample for well over 3 weeks now and still have product left! A little truly goes a long way which makes purchasing the full size of this product well worth it!! I usually use this product at night, but sometimes I will use it in the morning. It's super silky, but doesn't leave an oily residue so you can definitely wear it at any time of day. Disclosure: I received this product as part of the Influenster #VoxBox, but all of my opinions expressed are my own. " in 32 reviews
Alyssa B.
If you are looking for a skin cream for dry and sensitive skin, I can highly recommend this one! :) I do love Clarins brand skin products and this one is no different. It is super hydrating and moisturizing! Plus just a little bit really goes a long way - you don't need a lot for it to keep your skin hydrated all day long. I also have some eczema and this does not irritate my skin like many other products do. It doesn't cause any redness or breakouts at all. I have been using this for weeks now and I would definitely purchase this again when I run out.
Michelle T.
Dayton, NJ
I received a sample of this and used it for about 10 days. It feels nourishing but leaves a very glowy/heavy finish and tackyness on the skin. My t-zone starts to get oily 10 minutes after I use this. It also contains dimethicone and fragrance along with a long list of ingredients. No good for my skin type.
Anna N.
Dallas
This product is the only moisturizer I will use. It doesn’t clog pores and is both moisturizing and very hydrating. This is the best product for someone who has dry acne prone skin which is a very tricky combo! You definitely don’t need a lot and it gives you a healthy, hydrated glow!
Lauline G.

Stephany M.
Orlando, FL
I got a sample at macys and wow! Smells so good, so fresh, so cream very moisturizer, my skin is so soft right know, I really want to get the full size! It’s very effective, i see my skin so clean and i love it! As skincare junky I totally recommend this!
Kendra R.
Blairs Mills, PA
This made my face feel so soft and nice on my face. My face looked real nice when I put this on my face. I tried a sample of this in a skincare sample box from Ulta beauty and I really adore this product. I'd definitely get the full size.
Alexa S.
The scent of this cream is so clean and delicious at the same time. I have never experienced any scent like it. I love to apply it daily, and it does great under makeup!
Renee G.
Marketing this product for "normal to dry skin" was probably the company's biggest mistake. I have very dry, dehydrated skin with some sensitivity, and this product was nowhere near enough for me.

The Silky Cream has a thin, lightweight lotion texture. It spreads easily and feels slightly sticky when you first apply it your face, but it soaks in within a few moments. I used this in the morning after spending the night in my bedroom with a humidifier on full blast, and at first, it seemed to "lock in" the moisture from the humidifier. My skin felt plump and smooth. But after a few hours, the magic was gone and my skin was no longer as hydrated and smooth. By the end of the night, my face actually felt a bit dryer than usual. I tried this moisturizer in tandem with the Hydra-Essentiel serum and on its own, and the cream never worked past the first couple of hours.

Also, this product has added fragrance, which annoys me. It smells kind of like watery flowers, and you can still smell it for a little while after application. Furthermore, the jar packaging for the full-size product isn't optimal if you want to travel or prevent bacteria growth. Jars may look pretty, but tubes and airless pumps are more sanitary.

This may be a decent day cream or summer moisturizer for those with normal or combination skin, but it did little for my dry face. I would not purchase a full size.

I received a sample of this product free from an Influenster Vox Box, but all opinions are my own.
Courtney L.
Sugar Land
This is an amazing product if you have dry and sensitive skin! It does have a small fragrance, but it is light and has never irritated my skin. I truly feel a difference when I use this and have purchased multiple times. I highly recommend this!
Amy E.
Forest , OH
I have oily skin but in the Winter here in Ohio I get these pesky dry patches also. My skin just starts doing this annoying thing where it wants to be complicated. Some call it combination skin, I call it complicated skin because finding the right products can be a major task. I need a moisturizer but many leave me with acne regardless how high end they might be. I started using this product that Influenster had sent me in exchange for my honest feedback and I was just waiting for the acne to start popping up, but I was willing to take one for the team. I had every expectation to jump on here and leave a review such as, another moisturizer that gave me acne. BUT NOPE! Do to my pleasant surprise this product moisturized my skin amazingly and I did not get any acne! I started calling it the miracle moisturizer. Seriously. I'm addicted. I am a fan for life. I have already purchased more.
Lorna Q.
Irvine, CA
I am considering buying this product because it does look like it does a good job of hydrating your skin. Does it have a scent to it? If so what does it smell like?
Anna G.