BY CLARINS

Luxurious silky cream plumps thirsty skin with precious moisture—and keeps it there—for all-day hydration. Shields skin from the dehydrating effects of daily thermic shocks that can leave it looking dry and weathered: sudden temperature changes, indoor and outdoor pollutants and environmental stress. Quenches skin with Organic leaf of life extract—a succulent plant that enhances the skin’s ability to retain precious moisture—leaving it comfortable, radiant and perfectly hydrated.

• Clarins Hydra-Essentiel Silky Cream For Normal To Dry Skin or Ne...2 Answers
  • I am considering buying this product because it does look like it...10 Answers
Clarins Hydra-Essentiel Silky Cream For Normal To Dry Skin
  • "I received this as a sample from influenster for free. I have used Clarins in the past and am a huge fan of the line. This moisturizer is no exception! Seriously awesome product and it also smells very nice. I have sensitive, dry skin and this quenched my skin without any irritation. Wears very well under foundation, etc " in 66 reviews
  • "I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes in the skincare vox box. And this cream is so silky and smooth. I love it, it smells so good! And hydrates my skin! I love the texture of this cream so much it feels extremely hydrating. I have been using it for about 3 weeks and it's amazing. I use it under my eyes and on dry patches. So far I feel like it has helped my dark undereye circles." in 65 reviews
  • "I actually am in love with this Hydra-Essentiel silky cream. The name of this product says it all--it is SILKY. It is so smooth and I have seen a true transformation in my skin. I tend to have sensitive skin, and this moisturizer is perfect. It's extremely gentle. As someone with combination skin who tends to get really dry in the winter, I was in need for a moisturizer that would lock in my moisture and this certainly has done the trick. Goodbye dry spots on my nose! As a result, my makeup application has been way smoother! Update: I have used this product for about two-three weeks at this point, not every day but every other day. Lately my nose has been peeling a lot because it is so dry due to the harsh Chicago winter weather, so I've been using the hydra-essentiel silky cream alongside the serum on my nose only. I find that if I use it on the areas where my face is the driest, it works the best. My makeup as a result has been holding up much better; when I don't use the serum and cream, I find that my skin flakes more and consequently my makeup flakes as well. I also like using this product at night because the fragrant is really light, but is soothing. It's like fresh laundry. I have sensitive skin but the scent doesn't effect it at all. No breakouts after using this product whatsoever. In fact, my skin looks pretty clear right now and with a subtle glow after using this cream. I do have like three acne scars that are left over from past breakouts, but I have not had any more flare ups since using this product. I am also surprised at how long lasting this cream is. I use about a pea-size of the cream once a day, sometimes twice a day. I have had this sample for well over 3 weeks now and still have product left! A little truly goes a long way which makes purchasing the full size of this product well worth it!! I usually use this product at night, but sometimes I will use it in the morning. It's super silky, but doesn't leave an oily residue so you can definitely wear it at any time of day. Disclosure: I received this product as part of the Influenster #VoxBox, but all of my opinions expressed are my own. " in 32 reviews
Amber M.
Zanesville, OH
I have extremely dry and extremely sensitive skin. When first trying this product my face was covered in dry scaly and peeling patches from a flare up caused by another product I had tried previously. This product cleared up that flare up and dry patches within 24 hours and feels great on my skin.

Rich nourishing cream restores comfort and radiance to super-thirsty skin, instantly soothing tightness and irritations. Shields skin from the dehydrating effects of daily thermic shocks that can leave it looking dry and weathered: sudden temperature changes, indoor and outdoor pollutants and environmental stress. Quenches skin with Organic leaf of life extract—a succulent plant that enhances the skin’s ability to retain precious moisture—leaving it soft, supple, protected and intensely hydrated.
Alyssa B.
If you are looking for a skin cream for dry and sensitive skin, I can highly recommend this one! :) I do love Clarins brand skin products and this one is no different. It is super hydrating and moisturizing! Plus just a little bit really goes a long way - you don't need a lot for it to keep your skin hydrated all day long. I also have some eczema and this does not irritate my skin like many other products do. It doesn't cause any redness or breakouts at all. I have been using this for weeks now and I would definitely purchase this again when I run out.
Mandy C.
West Allis, WI
I had never used any clarins products, which is really surprising because I own more skincare and makeup products than my clothes and shoes put together! I was really excited to get a sample of this, because wisconsin winters make my skin CRAVE moisture. It actually felt really nice, and immediately soothed my skin. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because while it smelled incredible, I don’t like my face moisturizers to have a scent! I much prefer a clean fresh smell but if that type of reason doesn’t bother you, I think you’ll love this lotion!
Lauline G.

Stephany M.
Orlando, FL
I got a sample at macys and wow! Smells so good, so fresh, so cream very moisturizer, my skin is so soft right know, I really want to get the full size! It’s very effective, i see my skin so clean and i love it! As skincare junky I totally recommend this!
Kendra R.
Blairs Mills, PA
This made my face feel so soft and nice on my face. My face looked real nice when I put this on my face. I tried a sample of this in a skincare sample box from Ulta beauty and I really adore this product. I'd definitely get the full size.
Renee G.
Marketing this product for "normal to dry skin" was probably the company's biggest mistake. I have very dry, dehydrated skin with some sensitivity, and this product was nowhere near enough for me.

The Silky Cream has a thin, lightweight lotion texture. It spreads easily and feels slightly sticky when you first apply it your face, but it soaks in within a few moments. I used this in the morning after spending the night in my bedroom with a humidifier on full blast, and at first, it seemed to "lock in" the moisture from the humidifier. My skin felt plump and smooth. But after a few hours, the magic was gone and my skin was no longer as hydrated and smooth. By the end of the night, my face actually felt a bit dryer than usual. I tried this moisturizer in tandem with the Hydra-Essentiel serum and on its own, and the cream never worked past the first couple of hours.

Also, this product has added fragrance, which annoys me. It smells kind of like watery flowers, and you can still smell it for a little while after application. Furthermore, the jar packaging for the full-size product isn't optimal if you want to travel or prevent bacteria growth. Jars may look pretty, but tubes and airless pumps are more sanitary.

This may be a decent day cream or summer moisturizer for those with normal or combination skin, but it did little for my dry face. I would not purchase a full size.

I received a sample of this product free from an Influenster Vox Box, but all opinions are my own.
Maddy B.
Arkadelphia , AR
This leaves my face feeling amazingly smooth and soft. This moisturizer works perfectly on normal to dry skin types. This is a more expensive moisturizer though, costing $48. The only thing I didn’t like about this is the strong scent that it has. Very perfumey.
Ali R.
I love the way this feels on my skin- It is a gel-like moisturizer. It is not the most moisturizing cream i have used, as it is not worth the price. HOWEVER, I recommend using it after washing your face, and under an overnight mask!

Amy E.
Forest , OH
I have oily skin but in the Winter here in Ohio I get these pesky dry patches also. My skin just starts doing this annoying thing where it wants to be complicated. Some call it combination skin, I call it complicated skin because finding the right products can be a major task. I need a moisturizer but many leave me with acne regardless how high end they might be. I started using this product that Influenster had sent me in exchange for my honest feedback and I was just waiting for the acne to start popping up, but I was willing to take one for the team. I had every expectation to jump on here and leave a review such as, another moisturizer that gave me acne. BUT NOPE! Do to my pleasant surprise this product moisturized my skin amazingly and I did not get any acne! I started calling it the miracle moisturizer. Seriously. I'm addicted. I am a fan for life. I have already purchased more.
Lorna Q.
Irvine, CA
I am considering buying this product because it does look like it does a good job of hydrating your skin. Does it have a scent to it? If so what does it smell like?