Clairol® Root Touch-Up - Dark Brown

Seamlessly blends with leading shades, even salon color. Using another hair color brand?
It’s okay! We can match those, too. Find your perfect Root Touch-Up shade here.

WHY WE LOVE IT

Root Touch-Up by Nice ‘n Easy blends with leading shades, even salon shades in just 10 minutes.The ergonomically engineered brush delivers salon quality application. No roots, no grays, no trip to the salon.

Benefits...

• #1 Root Touch-Up*
  • Takes just 10 minutes
  • Lasts up to 3 weeks
  • 100% gray coverage

*Among leading retail permanent shades and pre-formulated salon color.
*based on units sold

HOW TO DIY

How To Apply Your Color

1. Do a patch test 48 hours before coloring
  2. When you’re ready to color, mix the colorant (#2) into the developer (#1) and shake it up!
  3. Apply hair color to your roots, making sure not to miss any spots
  4. Set your timer for 10 minutes (15 for stubborn grays!)
  5. Rinse with warm water until water runs clear and condition. Done and done!

Read the full step-by-step here.

INGREDIENTS

The Science & Ingredients

Root Touch-Up by Nice’n Easy is a permanent, non-drip formula that matches any brand—even salon color*. And with the precision angled brush, you have total control over where you apply the color. In just 10 minutes, your roots are gone, and you’re ready to go!

See Ingredients

*Among leading retail permanent shades and pre-formulated salon color

How long after you color your hair do you have to wait to use this product?
How long does this last after you use it?
How long does this last after you use it?
Start your review of Clairol® Root Touch-Up - Dark Brown!
How would you rate this product?
Coconut Creek , FL
This is perfect for when I’m overdue for the salon. There’s great deals at drugstores like b1g1 1/2 off..or rewards back. It comes w/ gloves, a lil mixing container & brush. Tbh I don’t even use the whole tube at once. I use 1/4 at a time bc I just do the front crown and only about 2in down. I put Vaseline around my forehead perimeter & ears so it doesn’t stain I leave it on for the required time, rinse & grays are gone for a few months. Very easy. Good brand.
Cleveland Hts, OH
Great when you don’t have a lot of time, but still need to cover those pesky gray hairs. It matches a variety of dark brown dyes, so you don’t end up looking like a two-toned brunette. I feel like it doesn’t cover the grays as well as the full box dye, but again, it’s good for in between full dye jobs. It’s very easy to use, I just wish the gloves they provided were a little more stretchy-so I use my own.
Virginia Bch, VA
It is adequate. My hair is thick, course and curly and will not take color. Yeaaaah...this one was added to the list. Great packaging the brush with painted tail... Great for separating sections of hair. Yet, those naughty, naughty, greys won’t take a hit. ERRRR!!!
Greenfield , MA
I’ve used this in a pinch even though I’m a licensed cosmetologist and it is pretty awesome for providing grey coverage. Definitely not a lot of product for the price point and not a lot of color options though.
Johns Creek, GA
Lost a star because it seems to wash out quick. But it’s easy to use and blends seamlessly with my hair color. My hair isn’t really dark brown though. It’s medium brown. But the dark brown works for me.
Perfect for the lazy person who wants to cover up their grays but doesn’t wanna spend a lot of time or money. Takes 10 mins and it’s not messy at all, and costs only $6. Cant beat that!
Wynantskill, NY
I like this product the color is great. I’m not great with the brush and doing it myself LOL! Hopefully I’ll get the hang of it Clairol products are great and convenient to find!
Nottingham, MD
This is my other go to when I can't take the time off of work to get my hair done. If I can't do the instant temporary spray, I do the roots. I can use this product and it will last about three weeks. For me that is a good bit because the professional kind only lasts about that long on my side burns and the hair line. Now you know my go to's. Having gray is hard on most ladies, but this Mediterranean lady has resistant gray so it is difficult at best. Another great staple.
Langhorne, PA
Good product - East to use, affordable and always coupons in drugstore flyers and in Sunday paper. True color and lasts about 2 weeks which gives you the extra time between salon visits. I have bought multiple times over the years
my mom bought this root touch up and was expecting it to be like a hair dye that u just apply at your roots when it starts to grow in so you avoid the long process of mixing ur dye and dying parts of your hair that didn’t need to. but instead this was just like a colored powder to put on ur head.. so basically like hair makeup , she didn’t like it