BY CLAIROL #4 in Temporary Hair Color

Life's too short to worry about roots, and now you don't have to! New Clairol Root Touch-Up Concealing Powder precisely conceals single strands, touches up temples, refreshes your rootline, or shapes your brows. Our sleep compact makes it totally purse-worthy so you can touch up on the go. Available in 6 colors.

• TTRY THIS AS A BROW POWDER! (Just don't use the brush it ...4 Answers
  • Have toy tried any other root touch ups to compare? Would...11 Answers
  • (This is an old question It works now) Having a problem ...11 Answers
Tamara D.
Cambridge Cty, IN
This #Clairol Root Touch-Up Concealing Powder surprised me with how well it actually covered my gray between professional colorings.  It stayed put all day and I didn’t notice my grays showing until after my next wash.  It also makes a really great brow powder for filling in the brows.  I even tried it as an eyeshadow one morning when I was in a rush and it worked well for adding a little dimension to my eyes.  The packaging is nice and easy to use and I have found myself reaching for this more often than I’d like (thanks premature gray hair!).

The one thing I really don’t like is the gold specks of glitter in it. I’m sure it makes for more appealing packaging and presentation, but I for one do not want specks of gold glitter drawing attention to my powder covered gray roots.  The glitter isn’t super noticeable until it catches the light right but it’s not necessary and without it, this would be a 5 Star review.

Application is very easy and I’ve discovered that if you load the brush with powder, lift your roots, and kind of tease the roots with the brush, it gives a nice even coat without leaving that telltale darkness on your scalp.  I am really enjoying this and will continue to reach for it despite the glitter. #Clairol #Influenster #GotItFree #Review
Brooke H.
I was given this product free from influenster to test and try out, in exchange for my honest opinion. That being said.. I'm pretty impressed. I'm not gonna lie I was very skeptical about this product. At first glance I did notice some glitter in it. The glitter does not go onto skin or hair/roots. There is no fallout, which is great for people like me who think of using this after doing a full makeup look. I don't have any grey hair (that I know of) but I do have fine thin hair. So I used this product to give my hair more of that fuller look... and it does! My hair looked so great after applying this. My hair line looked full and perfect. I also use this for my eyebrows, I don't use the brush it came with for that tho as it is too thick. Over all I'm very happy with this. My only complaint is I feel like I have to use so much powder in order to cover my hairline. I'd highly recommend this product to try. Do know that I recieved a light brown shade and was worried it would be too light for my hair color... it goes on darker than it looks.
Kat S.
After receiving this product I was not sure whether to be excited or if this would end up being a gimmick. I received the shade, light brown. At first glance the powder has little gold glitter specs in it which worried me a bit as I did not want to have glitter in my hair, after swatching it you could not notice the glitter so I decided to test out. I tried on my eyebrows first. Let me add first that considering the product is an eyeshadow there should have been a bit more product if its meant to touch up ones roots, you can buy a bigger pan shadow and use that with a big powder brush to fill in faster but anyways back to my experience. The brush that came with the product is ok, I have decently thick eyebrows so it wasnt a problem using this brush but I could see people with thinner eyebrows maybe having a problem as the brush is a bit on the thicker side. The shade worked out pretty good, start with a light hand then build up for more color if needed. I ended up switching out the brush as it became more of an annoyance trying to stay within the shape of my natural eyebrows as the brush is not your typical eyebrow brush which is ok considering its meant more for your roots. Next up I tried my roots and also played around and tried on my husband. I know I've complained about the brush already but I just don't like this brush for the roots either. I sounds a bit like goldilocks as in first it was too big now its too small but when it comes to using the product for your roots the pan and brush seem small. I believe they could have maybe made the shadow pan size bigger and included a different brush, one that's a little bigger? I get the convenience of wanting to keep the full product together in one case but it defeats the purpose if the products included do not work. For a quick root touch up or darkening of areas where your hair is thinned out and you want to make it look more full I see this being ok as the brush allows for a more precise application but for someone who wants to cover go their roots as show on the picture on the box it seems as though the brush and pan size of the shadow will not work for a quick touch up, I needed to keep going back in the pan to get product for the same spots I was trying to conceal. The product comes in a box as a kit anyway so maybe they can modify to be more practical? Maybe its just me but I don't see this being a product I would reach for often. Ive used shadows before on areas where my hair is thinner and I find that its easier to just use a powder brush, quicker application but for a more precise application the brush included in the kit will work. The color worked well for me, the powder is decent a little fall out since the brush is more on the fluffy side. The mirror in the compact is decent for eyebrow fill in but you would have a hard time using to fill in your root as its a bit small but good for a quick glance and touch up if you filled in areas around your face frame.
Sophia C.
I couldn't have received the Clairol Root Touch Up Concealing Powder at a better time. I am in desperate need of a salon visit to cover up my grays 🙈 but I just haven't had time! Clairol Root Touch-Up Concealing Powder

So, needless to say, my gray hair is a little out of control.
I used the concealing powder after parting my hair the way I wanted it and I couldn't believe how well it worked in covering my gray hair. The powder doesn't necessarily change the color of the gray 100% but it makes it that the gray hair doesn't stand out like a sore thumb. It's like a camouflage powder.

I didn't even know products like this existed but boy am I happy they do. Now I don't have to look messy and gray between my salon visits.
I would really recommend this product for people who have a few gray hairs.
Catherine B.
Innsbrook, MO
I received Clairol Root Touch-up Concealing Powder for free to test, and I've since started using it daily. I have dark brown hair that's been going gray since I was in my 20's. In recent years, the gray/silver root growth has gone from looking like lighter highlights to looking like I'm ready for my senior discount.

The touch-up powder is easy to apply and stays put all day. I have used a competing product, and Clairol's version does go on somewhat better. The color looks natural, both on my roots and on my eyebrows. Since I tried it on my eyebrows, I've actually dumped my old pencil because the touch-up powder just looks more natural.

I also use the powder on the sides of my head, near the temples, when I put my hair up. Although it seems weird to brush color onto my head, it does make the hair look denser in those naturally thin areas.

The only reason I didn't give a full five stars is that I'd like to see two brush sizes. The applicator brush seems a tad too big for my eyebrows and a tad too small for my head. The competing product has a dual-sided applicator, which I think is a nice touch.  Clairol® Root Touch-Up - Dark Brown
Amanda R.
I was excited to try the Clairol Root Touch-Up concealing powder, as I do dye my hair every 4-6 weeks.   I tried it on my roots and it worked, though I have really thick hair and the amount of time it would take to cover ALL my roots (main part, temples, etc.) is about the same amount of time it would take me to just dye my hair over again.  Perhaps if you didn't have time to dye and needed some coverage for one day that would work, but I wouldn't do this repeatedly.

I also tried this powder to fill in my brows and this is where I felt the product is of real use for me and something I will keep using.  It gave my brows (which are dark blonde/light brown naturally) just enough definition to fill out my sparse ends without needing a lot of time and effort.  I did not use the included brush on my brows, as it is too large for such a delicate task, but a angled eye liner brush was perfect for application.

So, as a root touch up it works, but wouldn't be a regular thing for me as it's just too time consuming.  As a brow filler and definer I think it's a great product and something I will use!
michele m.
Norwood, MA
I worry about powder hair touch-ups and their fallout.  When I was selected to this campaign, I was concerned that I would get a product that would just cover my face with dark powder.  How wrong I was!!  Clairol's Root Touch-Up Concealing Powder is fantastic ~ it has a slim compact with a great long mirror inside, so you can do your touch up's anywhere, the brush is slim and firm, so the powder adheres to the brush and doesn't fall out everywhere.  The color is perfect too ~ I have medium-brown hair with reddish tones, and I received the medium brown.  At first, it looks like it has shimmers in it, but it doesn't ~ this powder is matte, but it has some dimension, so your hair doesn't look like you just brushed on powder.

I can easily control where I want the powder to go, no fall out - blends in beautifully with my hair and I can cover my greys easily.  It is long lasting too ~ so long my hair doesn't get wet, it stays in all day long.

I totally recommend this and I would purchase as I love everything about it and I can slip this into my purse, my laptop case or backpack.  I received this free from Influenster and Clairol for review purposes

Kali P.
Stockton, CA
I was instantly interested in the product as soon as I heard I was going to get to test it, but I wasn't sure what it would be like. Color match and coverage are obvious concerns, but what about consistency? Flaking? Color transfer? Would it be too waxy/heavy, or too fluffy, like colored dry shampoo? In the end, the Clairol Root Touch-Up strikes a happy medium.

As my hair is dyed black, I chose the darkest option. It's a great match for any darkest black shade. It covers my dark brown roots AND my silver streaks, no problem. It can also be used to fill in sparse areas on my temple (I've always had a high forehead), and looks perfect.

It's not sticky or waxy, but it's not super-powdery, either. There is no incidental transfer - a light touch won't result in product all over your hands, and there was no transfer onto my light pillowcase at night (like you'll see with tinted dry shampoo). You will, however, get it under your nails if you scratch your head, so be careful.

The packaging is sleek and portable. It's got the look of a brow powder compact and comes with a brush. The brush is good for most application areas, but you'll want to use an angled brush for brows or "fill ins" in sparsely-haired areas that will involve skin contact. At first, I was skeptical about the claim that the product can be used as a brow powder. We all learn that the "rule" for choosing brow products is to go a shade or two lighter than your hair color, but TBH, this product is diffuse enough to work fine on brows without looking too dark or stark. And if you're someone who changes up your shade fairly often, you might collect two or three colors and mix/match to get just the right intensity.

Overall, great product. Would totally purchase on my own.
Shivali V.
Tampa, FL
This was just the product I needed! I'm a 30 yr old Indian American woman with jet black hair and in the last year I've started getting quite a few grey hair on my temples. I've never dyed my hair and I still think it's too early to begin because of a few greys. This product is perfect for when I want to pull my hair back in a high ponytail or a bun since that's when the greys are exposed. I gently brush the product on those few hair and go about my way. It is a little difficult to grab the fly aways and instead I've ended up brushing it on my scalp/skin but otherwise it's the perfect product. It comes in a neat little case with a mirror and looks just like an eyeshadow pallet which easily goes into your makeup bag. Till I decide to begin dying my hair, this is just the product that'll help me be happily pull my hair back whenever I want!
Stacy W.
Beaver, PA
With age comes white hair for me. And dull looking hair so I have been coloring it from time to time, or getting highlights. But I don't want to color my hair all the time so when I was offered a chance to try this root touch up powder I figured I give it a shot.
First of for me it's different. I like that it is a powder because it is easier and for sure not as messy as do a wet root cover up or full hair coloring. I was able to do it myself but I still felt like I was getting it on good. But I was finally able to cover up my white spot. At the same time I got my scalp and since I have thin hair these days I felt like you could tell. It stayed on for the day with no issues and washed out easily when I took a shower.
I like that it can be used multiply times when it's needed. For me it's not something I would use on a regular basis, but over all it's not a bad product. I am glad I was able to try it out at no charge thanks to the Influenster team.
Sarika M.
Henderson, NV
(This is an old question It works now) Having a problem posting my review. Like seriously??? Is it just me? This app is driving me nuts! Clairol Root Touch-Up Concealing Powder
Avril J.
Have toy tried any other root touch ups to compare? Would lobe to hear views
Melissa D.
TTRY THIS AS A BROW POWDER! (Just don't use the brush it comes with, it's way to large to get precise brows. I used a ABH brow brush) It works so good, blends to look natural and stays on (: Clairol Root Touch-Up Concealing Powder
Gigi C.
Calgary, AB
I just noticed this product yesterday shopping at Walmart and was wanting to try it. Just wondering though, have any of you ever tried to do this with your regular eyeshadow and brush that you use as makeup but put it on your hair instead? I am just thinking if I have a lot of brown/black eyeshadow already couldn't I Just use that instead of buying another product? I guess what I am asking is does this actually do a better job at covering grays than whatever eyeshadow you have already... thanks!