BY CLAIROL #43 in Shampoo

This award-winning, protein-enriched color-enhancing shampoo tones down brassiness on blonde or gray hair.

• Specifically formulated for blonde or gray hair
  • Enhances color
  • Tones down brassiness

• does this shampoo work well?4 Answers
  • I searched him a lot in all the shops in my city but unfortunatel...1 Answers
  • What condotioner do you use after using this product? I feel like...6 Answers
  • "This is a very good product!" in 1 review
  • "This shampoo and conditioner is definitely worth the buy!!" in 1 review
  • "I've seem a difference from using and not using this shampoo and to be honest my hair looks way better when I use this shampoo! " in 1 review
  • "I highly recommend this product if you want to keep your hair looking like you've just left the salon!" in 1 review
  • "Other than that, I like this product and would recommend it for blondes looking for a toning shampoo. " in 1 review
Autumn B.
Redford, MI
Okay I had black and red hair that faded to brown and like a orangy blonde. My sister who is a platinum blonde brought this stuff home and I decided to use it in the shower one day. I thought it might turn my hair weird colors but it actually evened out the brown color and made the blonde where the red had faded look less orange. I've used it a few times now and it works pretty well. It's affordable, it doesn't smell bad but it does have a strong scent that stays in the hair for a while. Even after using the conditioner I noticed it was drying on the hair so I recommend using a leave in conditioner after you use the shimmer lights shampoo and conditioner
Karen S.
Weatherford, OK
My sister told me to use this for ages, but I never listened. When she went brunette she gave me a full bottle. I tried it, and have been hooked ever since! My hair is dirty blonde, and I dye it to an almost platinum color. This shampoo keeps my hair from looking brassy or dirty and keeps my blonde bright double the normal time (minus at the roots as it grows, but you can’t win them all lol). This shampoo is only slightly drying, and smells amazing! I leave on slightly longer than the recommended time, but I haven’t noticed a purple sheen yet (I’d be okay with it lol) I’d 100% recommend this to any blonde!
lindsey s.
I️ have dyed blonde hair and the first time I️ had it done, it was very brassy so I purchased this product on the recommendation of my hairdresser. Within just one shower, my hair was noticeably less brassy. I use this shampoo and the conditioner counterpart once a week to keep the brassiness in check. Be careful not to use i️t too frequently though, as your hair will turn a silvery purple colour over time (subtle and not bad, but not necessarily the colour you want if you were aiming for just blonde). I️ have repurchased this shampoo many times. The smell is a little strong but i️t doesn’t stick to your hair. My only complaint would be that i️t is very drying (even with the conditioner) so make sure to keep a serum on hand or use a moisturizing shampoo on the days you don’t wash with this. In its field (purple shampoos), there are no shampoos that come close to this one. I️t is the best!
Breanna H.
HOLY GRAIL! As someone who is naturally blonde, who bleaches their hair platinum, I’ve tried a million purple shampoos, yet always come back to this. It does the job getting rid of brassiness, while also brightening your blonde as well. All purple shampoos can be a bit drying, but in my experience this has been the least drying. I’ve tried cheap brands, and very expensive brands. The most comparable brand I can think of is Pravana, but why pay over $20 when you can pay half of that?? I would totally recommend this to anyone who needs a purple shampoo!!
Kellyann C.
One word for this: amazing. I have been trying to get my hair to stay icy/cool blonde forever and using this shampoo 2/3 times a week has done the trick. In the past, I would get my hair colored only to find that a few weeks later my natural gold/brassy blonde would come right back. I leave the purple shampoo in for a little longer than the suggested 3 minutes and it works amazingly at brightening and enhancing my platinum highlights. My only complaint is that I don't love the way it smells, but for the results it brings I can definitely deal with it!
Kendra H.
I found that this shampoo is really damaging. I rarely used it and it still seemed to dry out and frizz my hair. My ends would be so damaged I would have to cut it. It also leaves behind really weird purple streaks which I don’t like. Although it takes away the brassiness very well it just damages way too much, and who needs that when your hair has already been bleached/colored and it’s in a little fragile state from that.
McKenna C.
I love this shampoo for my platinum blonde hair. Make sure to not leave on too long or you may even want to alternate using regular shampoo with this shampoo because it is strong enough it can make your hair look grayish/blue if you leave it on too long, or if you use it too often. If you notice this, (and you want a true platinum without the silver) then just cut back how frequently you are using it. Super effective!
Cecilia G.
San Francisco, CA
if you’re a blonde you need this product. it works wonders for brightening up dulling and brassy blondes. it’s not a miracle worker, if you’re hair is orange it’s not going to fix that, but it’s great at livening up your hair. I usually mix it with a hair mask or conditioner (i’ve found if it’s too concentrated it’ll leave a purpley tint, which washes out after a couple washes) for a couple minutes then rinse it out.
Lindsey C.
Louisa, KY
I just bleached my hair to try to get it to silver and my hair stylist recommend a purple shampoo until I can bleach it again and dye it silver. It’s working a lot better than other purple shampoos I’ve tried. It really helps with brassy hair. The only problem I have with it is the smell. It’s pretty strong and it stays on your hair throughout the day, but I can handle it if it’ll help to get my hair where I want it.
Faith S.
Auburn, CA
I love this purple shampoo by #Clairol for my highlighted blonde hair. I use it about 1-2 times a week followed up with a very moisturizing conditioner. This will dry your hair but it adds vibrance and more color to your blonde! The size in the image is 31.5 fl. oz!
Sar J.
Where can I buy this?
Devin H.
Orlando, FL
Is this product drying to hair? I am nervous using it since coloring often leaves my hair dry.
Kelsey W.
Does this tend to pull brassiness from blonde/silver and in exchange tint it purple/blue..?? I have ashy blonde highlights in my darker brown dyed hair and I have a similar shampoo to this that is quite expensive but when I use it too frequently it turns my highlights a strong violet purple. It's pretty but I'd prefer it not to!
Savannah K.
Fort Bragg, NC
How many uses does it take to notice a difference with this?
Brittany M.
Can I use this as an everyday shampoo or only if I need to tone my blonde?