BY CLAIROL #25 in Shampoo

This award-winning, protein-enriched color-enhancing shampoo tones down brassiness on blonde or gray hair.

• Specifically formulated for blonde or gray hair
  • Enhances color
  • Tones down brassiness

• I searched him a lot in all the shops in my city ...Be the first to answer!
  • What condotioner do you use after using this product? I feel like i...6 Answers
  • How does this work on natural blonde hair? Does it lighten it even ...1 Answers
Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Shampoo Blonde and Silver
  • "Other than that, I like this product and would recommend it for blondes looking for a toning shampoo. " in 1 review
  • "I highly recommend this product if you want to keep your hair looking like you've just left the salon!" in 1 review
  • "This is a very good product!" in 1 review
  • "This shampoo and conditioner is definitely worth the buy!!" in 1 review
  • "this actually never faded my hair like some shampoos ive bought and my hair smelled amazing and was super soft after!" in 1 review
Rebecca S.
Rebecca S.
New London, CT
You'll see results after your first wash! I was amazed at how well this worked. I was ready to go out and buy some more hair dye to lighten my hair, but this shampoo saved me the trip. Took the yellow right out, and made my hair appear much lighter and brighter.

People have complained about the smell, but I don't mind it. If you're sensitive to smell, though, be aware.

One complaint I have is that the conditioner isn't particularly moisturizing. From my experience, though, it's the shampoo doing most of the brightening work. So, you might want to substitute out the conditioner for your regular conditioner. Alternatively, use some leave-in conditioner. On a similar note, I've heard people say that this is drying. I haven't really noticed, but, based on what I've heard, I wouldn't use it on the daily. Plus, you REALLY don't need to use this shampoo often at all for it to be effective. I just use it once after dying my hair and I'm happy.

Would recommend!
Angie W.
Angie W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have only used this once (this morning) and was so excited based on all the positive reviews. I recently had a botched highlighting that made my hair very orange in certain areas and then I went and got it highlighted again by a different stylist who did a good job covering the orange, but the highlights are much more yellow from the start than I like. I have found a ton of brassiness as well. So I was excited to try this. I used it this morning and followed the instructions - Lather. Rinse. Repeat and on the second lather, I left it on for 5 minutes. I do notice that a lot of the brassiness of the orange is much better, but the highlights are still very yellow. I will try and use a couple times a week to see if that helps. Overall though, I have seen an immediate change for the better, but not drastic.
Heather T.
Heather T.
Klamath falls, OR
I quit covering my gray a little over a year ago and a friend recommended this product. I wanted to embrace the gray and white, but wanted to avoid the yellow/brassy color that usually accompanies it. This product works fantastic. I get many compliments on my hair and I often get people that think I've colored my hair this way on purpose.

The smell took me a bit to get used to. It smells very "soapy" to me. I also noticed that the conditioner doesn't seem as conditioning so I do a deep conditioning treatment once in a while.

Also, I noticed that in photos sometimes there is a very slight purple tint (you can see it in this photo which has no filter). Love this product and highly recommend it.
Shelly W.
Shelly W.
San Jose, CA
I absolutely LOVE this shampoo! It works much better than any other "blonde/silver" shampoo that I've tried. I think most of the other purple shampoo's just contain the purple pigment, but this one has purple and some blue to help out with the orange/red/yellow spectrum. I have naturally pitch black Asian hair that I dye to a light ash brown. It tends to get VERY orange sometimes and this tends to dull it down a lot and make it a nice light ash brown. This is milder than toning your hair but it helps to maintain the ash-tone until you can get your hair colored again. The only bad thing is the smell, it smells like old-lady shampoo sometimes but it's bearable for me.
Krysti S.
Krysti S.
Mililani, HI
The way I use this product isn't exactly the reason it was created, but I found that it works perfect for me in my situation. Following the instructions doesn't quite help me, and I found that putting it in my hair when it's dry and leaving it in for about an hour before washing it out had the most impact. I don't have a great picture, but this one, you can see silver parts which I achieved by applying it dry and leaving it in for an hour. Using it on dry hair uses more product than if you used it in wet hair. I did not apply it evenly so a slightly patchy look was the result but again, I was going for it to be like that.
Tiffany V.
Tiffany V.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a fantastic toning shampoo. As a platinum blonde, regardless of how much I try to protect my hair from picking up unwanted tones, between the sun, water, and products it inevitably happens however slight. Shampooing with this once-twice a week totally cancels out those unwanted tones and leaves my blonde a perfectly colorless champagne/pearlesque hue, and all at a great price point. Do consider that if left on too long, it can deposit too much of the purple tone and leave a tinge of a purple hue in your hair. This is uncommon and quickly dissipates, but is worth noting so it can be avoided.
Stefanie D.
Stefanie D.
Phoenix, AZ
I am a natural brunette. In fact my hair is very dark brown. I have gradually gone blonde for the past year or so and this shampoo is an absolute necessity to have. It does in fact dry your hair out so it is important to use a very moisturizing conditioner afterward. I usually leave the shampoo in overnight and then wash my hair regularly afterward. It takes all brashness and yellow tones out and leaves my hair an icy blonde. However BEWARE it can and will stain your hair a faint purple color. I don't mind it at all and actually like it since it's a temporary thing and will wash out.
Kristen M.
Kristen M.
Los Angeles, CA
My one complaint about this shampoo is how drying it is, but if you're natural blonde, it'll take any brassiness out of your hair immediately without damaging your hair! For my lovely artificial blondes, you're gonna want to deep condition after this, and only use it once a week, ESPECIALLY if you're a platinum blonde! It WILL turn your hair silver/purple if you aren't careful. In my opinion, the conditioner does almost the exact same job for artificial/platinum blondes, but this works great for natural blondes and even removes brassiness from lighter-medium brunette hair!
Paige M.
Paige M.
Hattiesburg, MS
I have silver/light blonde hair and this really helps keep those gross brassy tones out. I do my hair myself, so I really like products like this that can help me get that finished look. The best part about it is that it's under $10 and you can pick it up at a local Sallys. The best part is that I only need a coin size amount to cover my whole head. It lathers up really well. The only negative is that my hair feels almost too clean after it and some pieces feel like they have hairspray in it. This hardly happens though. I'd recommend this to a friend.
Hannah C.
Hannah C.
Jackson, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've only used 2 or 3 different purple shampoos but this one is my favorite when it comes to toning abilities. It's very pigmented. If you leave it on too long it will leave a slight purple cast to your hair but a wash with a regular shampoo will take care of that. The one complaint I have about this is how drying it is. Suggest using a very moisturizing conditioner afterwards. Also, there is a smell to this that most people seem to find unpleasant. I personally love it but I also am the kind of person that loves the smell of gasoline so...yeah.
Sar J.
Sar J.
Where can I buy this?
Kelsey W.
Kelsey W.
Does this tend to pull brassiness from blonde/silver and in exchange tint it purple/blue..?? I have ashy blonde highlights in my darker brown dyed hair and I have a similar shampoo to this that is quite expensive but when I use it too frequently it turns my highlights a strong violet purple. It's pretty but I'd prefer it not to!
Savannah K.
Savannah K.
Fort Bragg, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
How many uses does it take to notice a difference with this?
Devin H.
Devin H.
Orlando, FL
Is this product drying to hair? I am nervous using it since coloring often leaves my hair dry.
Brittany M.
Brittany M.
Can I use this as an everyday shampoo or only if I need to tone my blonde?