Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Shampoo Blonde and Silver

by Clairol Professional

This award-winning, protein-enriched color-enhancing shampoo tones down brassiness on blonde or gray hair.

• Specifically formulated for blonde or gray hair
  • Enhances color
  • Tones down brassiness

Soo I’ve loved this for getting the Orange tone out of my hair but it always seems to leave a little purple tiny afterwards...anyone else?
Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Shampoo Blonde and Silver Does this take out the orange/brassy tones from highlights well? Is it drying?
Start your review of Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Shampoo Blonde and Silver!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“I highly recommend this product if you want to keep your hair looking like you've just left the salon!” in 1 review
“This is a very good product!” in 1 review
“this actually never faded my hair like some shampoos ive bought and my hair smelled amazing and was super soft after!” in 1 review
“Not only is the bright-purple color of this shampoo awesome, it also makes your hair smell like you just walked out of the salon.” in 1 review
“This shampoo and conditioner is definitely worth the buy!!” in 1 review
Oakland, CA
Purchased at: Sally Beauty Supply
Purple Shampoo DOES NOT Fix All. I have been self dyeing my hair for about 9 years, and have learned a lot through out my hair journey. The intended use of this product is for maintenance of blonde hair. Not to be used as a color corrector. Why the low rating? Because this shampoo will strip the living hell out of your hair. And nobody wants that, especially after you processed your hair. My hair felt crunchy when went. I would have to use a mask IMMEDIATELY after putting this in my hair.
Bronx, NY
Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Shampoo Blonde and Silver uploaded by Sem H.
Purchased at: Walmart
I have been using expensive salon purple shampoos with little visible results. This stuff almost works too well :-) but that's great because now I don't have to use it everyday. I used every wash for 2 weeks and the ends started to have a purple hue so I use it every other time now and it's remaining a lovely silvery blonde. For how cheap this was I am really impressed. It makes my hair very soft too. The ONLY downside is the smell. It reminds me of my grandmothers perfumes.🤣🤣🤣
Philadelphia, PA
I’ve been using Shimmer Lights for years and although I tried others, I always go back to this one. It honestly works great! If you want to go really light them leave it on for around ten minutes. If you’re just trying to get rid of the brass then I recommend leaving it in your hair for 2,3, minutes. The one con I have is that it is very messy and can stain if you don’t rinse really well, so keep that in mind. I do highly recommend this to everyone!
Collierville, TN
Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Shampoo Blonde and Silver uploaded by Eunmi H.
Purchased at: Target
I love shimmer light shampoo this one makes my hair keeping ash color! That's so great if I didn't use shimmer light shampoo my hair already being yellow color but I have been bleached my hair 2 months still my hair have ash color someone who bleached and wanna cover ash color You must use this shampoo!!
Pueblo, CO
I’ve used this shampoo three times in ten days and my blonde has really perked back up! I’m loving it. I’m not a huge fan of the smell, but it’s not a bad smell, just a heavy perfume. Be sure to wash your hands off quickly after putting it in your hair or they’ll be a nice tinged purple. It took all the orange, that the hard water our house has put in my hair, away.
Waterloo, IA
Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Shampoo Blonde and Silver uploaded by Anela O.
Purchased at: Sally Beauty Supply
This shampoo is a very good toner for blonde hair. I have some light blonde highlights and this shampoo keeps it from getting orange and fading! This does not act to make your hair blonde or lighter it just tones it. It’s very affordable and I highly recommend it with anyone with any blonde in their hair.
Hot Springs, AR
One of the most affordable and best purple shampoos I’ve used. Always leaves my hair looking super refreshed and light! If your hair is super blonde, be careful not to leave this on for too long because it can leave your hair with purple hues or silver looking. I used to always purchase this at Sally’s but it’s in Ulta and Walmart as well. Great stuff!
las vegas
I’m not really sure. My hair right now is super orange and I have been using this in hope of it helping. I didn’t use it for 2 days because I’m trying to be careful with my hair right now and my hair has turned even more orange. I’m assuming it’s the shampoo/ conditioner and will keep using in hopes of it cancelling out the brassy ness.
Birmingham
Purchased at: Walgreens
This is THE BEST drugstore brand blonde shampoo. I leave it on my hair for 5-10 minutes while in the shower and my hair is noticeably lighter after. The smell is okay - not great, not bad. Use a good conditioner after, as it leaves my hair just a bit dry - but nothing a good leave in conditioner doesn’t help. Love this product!
jacksonville
Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Shampoo Blonde and Silver uploaded by Claire C.
I bought this product randomly because it was cheaper than the one I’d been using. My hair had become very brassy since I haven’t got it touched up in months. THIS STUFF IS THE BEST PURPLE SHAMPOO I’VE EVER TRIED!!! it’s amazing. With just one use there was a very noticeable difference. I’m excited to try it a second time.

147 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Kansas City, MO
6 days ago
Jenn F. • 6 days ago
It takes the brassy look out, if that's what you're asking. No, it doesn't dry your hair.
a month ago
jennifer M. • a month ago
It doesn’t lighten it but it will help neutralize the brassy tone I’m already lightened hair.
Yukon, OK
2 months ago
Sarah H. • 3 days ago
The only other purple shampoo I tried was Joico and I think that is the supreme but it’s very pricey, shimmer lights is def a comparable cheaper alternative