BY CLAIROL #29 in Shampoo

This award-winning, protein-enriched color-enhancing shampoo tones down brassiness on blonde or gray hair.

• Specifically formulated for blonde or gray hair
  • Enhances color
  • Tones down brassiness

• does this shampoo work well?5 Answers
  • How effective is this and does it dry out hair? I really ...1 Answers
  • I searched him a lot in all the shops in my city but unfo...1 Answers
Buy on Amazon
  • "I highly recommend this product if you want to keep your hair looking like you've just left the salon!" in 1 review
  • "I've seem a difference from using and not using this shampoo and to be honest my hair looks way better when I use this shampoo! " in 1 review
  • "Other than that, I like this product and would recommend it for blondes looking for a toning shampoo. " in 1 review
  • "this actually never faded my hair like some shampoos ive bought and my hair smelled amazing and was super soft after!" in 1 review
  • "This is a very good product!" in 1 review
Heather Pauline k.
denver
I didn't expect to love this as much as I do.
I always heard this shampoo was super drying, so I never used it.
I got some from a friend and decided to try it.
It's the most pigmented purple shampoo I have tried! I've tried several from Matrix to Joico, and this eliminates brass the best. It doesn't seem to dry out my hair anymore than other purple shampoos.
If you leave this on dry, platinum hair, it will stain the hair purple, which I love.
Great for the price!
Highly recommend.
A+
Kristy G.
Greenacres, FL
This is a perfect toning shampoo for any natural or color treated blonde. I first discovered it when I was working at a salon & was so happy when I saw that you could purchase it at a local drug store as well. it's formula it's designed to remove any unwanted brassy tones, giving you a platinum white blonde after only a few washes. It really works to remove yellow and orange undertones. I am a natural blonde and my hair tends to get dull and mousey looking up by my roots. Using this shampoo about 2-3 times a week keeps my hair the white blonde I desire. It does slightly damage your hair, so make sure to condition well after washing. Keep in mind this is not for for daily use. If you get carried away your hair will eventually surpass the beautiful shimmery white blonde and start picking up purple hues, as this is a very powerfu, salon grade toning shampoo. (Picture of hair was taken after about 3 weeks of use, as stated, my hair was a mousey,brassy blonde before I started the use of this product)
Courtney M.
Salt Lick
I went blonde on a whim and didn't think about the fact that my hair has red undertones so within a couple days my hair started looking more and more brassy- almost orange, even. Horrid. I went to Sally's and asked them for a decent priced purple shampoo. They recommended me this one. I used it about once a week and left it in my hair for a pretty decent about of time, around 10 minutes, before I would rinse it out. I could start seeing my hair lightening up within the second round of washing. It has the prettiest lavender colored bubbles that come off of it, so that was a plus to me. My only complaint is the smell. It has a very heavy lavender smell that is almost like an elderly woman's perfume. The smell tends to stay in your hair for a while. But it wasn't bad, just very strong. That's not bad enough to get me to not purchase again though.
Tanielle W.
Moncks Corner, SC
Anytime I have highlights or go full blonde this is my go to shampoo. I've even used it on my daughter's hair after swimming. My hairdresser tones my hair but it still always has brassy or yellow tones.

Put this on and work into a good lather then leave on a few minutes and boom, platinum comes through!!! Not joking!

If my daughter gets dull looking hair from her naturally blonde hair this brightens it right up.

I use maybe once to twice a week followed by a good conditioner to prevent drying out. There's no harsh smell and my hair looks beautiful.
Cathy L.
Riverside
I think this purple shampoo does a decent job of toning blonde hair. It's very pigmented and smells like flowers. The scent is really strong so it may be unappealing to those with sensitive noses. The shampoo also contains something that makes it glittery and iridescent, which is why I'm sure it's called "shimmer lights". I'm not sure of the purpose of this, though. My biggest critique is that it is very drying. With colored-treated hair I don't wash my hair often and try to use purple shampoo every time to tone. I leave it in for about 10 minutes before showering, but even that is so drying that I can't tone the ends of my hair.
Courtney B.
Sharon
I really love this product but I would never use it by itself. I noticed if you have thin hair and use this product it tends to way your hair down quite a bit. If you are like me then you don't want your hair weighed down. I also pair this shampoo with another one. My favorite combination would be a volumizing shampoo alongside this. I just use around 75% purple shampoo and 25% volumizing shampoo and notice that after I towel dry most of it and then the rest dry over night it creates a great full look for my hair. Love the shampoo it's great and for a great deal definitely wouldn't use it more than once a week.
Alexandra D.
First off I have platinum blonde hair, it gets brassy super quick and toning at salons can get expensive. I have been looking for a good toning purple shampoo for 2 years, I have tried at least 15 different products and this is by far my favourite. I noticed a difference the first time I used it! It’s a great price, works quick (read the directions), and it’s overall just amazing. My only complaint is it does dry your hair out, but if you use a hair mask or deep conditioner and you don’t use it every time you shower then you will be fine. If you’re a blonde and hate brass... TRY THIS!!!
Merima M.
Lawrenceville, GA
This works decently; for the price, it's the best purple shampoo you're going to get. It is pretty harsh though and will dry your hair out. Also, it's the worst smelling shampoo I've ever tried! The old lady smell will linger in your hair for like a week, and it's so overpowering you will smell it 24/7. Even if this was the best purple shampoo on the planet, I would not use it simply due to the disgusting smell. You also have to be really careful with this shampoo because it will leave purple in your hair. If you wanna be blonde, invest in a higher quality purple shampoo.
lindsey s.
I️ have dyed blonde hair and the first time I️ had it done, it was very brassy so I purchased this product on the recommendation of my hairdresser. Within just one shower, my hair was noticeably less brassy. I use this shampoo and the conditioner counterpart once a week to keep the brassiness in check. Be careful not to use i️t too frequently though, as your hair will turn a silvery purple colour over time (subtle and not bad, but not necessarily the colour you want if you were aiming for just blonde). I️ have repurchased this shampoo many times. The smell is a little strong but i️t doesn’t stick to your hair. My only complaint would be that i️t is very drying (even with the conditioner) so make sure to keep a serum on hand or use a moisturizing shampoo on the days you don’t wash with this. In its field (purple shampoos), there are no shampoos that come close to this one. I️t is the best!
Breanna H.
HOLY GRAIL! As someone who is naturally blonde, who bleaches their hair platinum, I’ve tried a million purple shampoos, yet always come back to this. It does the job getting rid of brassiness, while also brightening your blonde as well. All purple shampoos can be a bit drying, but in my experience this has been the least drying. I’ve tried cheap brands, and very expensive brands. The most comparable brand I can think of is Pravana, but why pay over $20 when you can pay half of that?? I would totally recommend this to anyone who needs a purple shampoo!!
Sar J.
Where can I buy this?
Devin H.
Orlando, FL
Is this product drying to hair? I am nervous using it since coloring often leaves my hair dry.
Kelsey W.
Does this tend to pull brassiness from blonde/silver and in exchange tint it purple/blue..?? I have ashy blonde highlights in my darker brown dyed hair and I have a similar shampoo to this that is quite expensive but when I use it too frequently it turns my highlights a strong violet purple. It's pretty but I'd prefer it not to!
Savannah K.
Fort Bragg, NC
How many uses does it take to notice a difference with this?
Brittany M.
Can I use this as an everyday shampoo or only if I need to tone my blonde?