BY CLAIROL #36 in Shampoo

This award-winning, protein-enriched color-enhancing shampoo tones down brassiness on blonde or gray hair.

• Specifically formulated for blonde or gray hair
  • Enhances color
  • Tones down brassiness

• does this shampoo work well?4 Answers
  • I searched him a lot in all the shops in my city but unfo...1 Answers
  • What condotioner do you use after using this product? I f...6 Answers
Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Shampoo Blonde and Silver
  • "I highly recommend this product if you want to keep your hair looking like you've just left the salon!" in 1 review
  • "I've seem a difference from using and not using this shampoo and to be honest my hair looks way better when I use this shampoo! " in 1 review
  • "Other than that, I like this product and would recommend it for blondes looking for a toning shampoo. " in 1 review
  • "this actually never faded my hair like some shampoos ive bought and my hair smelled amazing and was super soft after!" in 1 review
  • "This is a very good product!" in 1 review
Heather Pauline k.
denver
I didn't expect to love this as much as I do.
I always heard this shampoo was super drying, so I never used it.
I got some from a friend and decided to try it.
It's the most pigmented purple shampoo I have tried! I've tried several from Matrix to Joico, and this eliminates brass the best. It doesn't seem to dry out my hair anymore than other purple shampoos.
If you leave this on dry, platinum hair, it will stain the hair purple, which I love.
Great for the price!
Highly recommend.
A+
Autumn B.
Redford, MI
Okay I had black and red hair that faded to brown and like a orangy blonde. My sister who is a platinum blonde brought this stuff home and I decided to use it in the shower one day. I thought it might turn my hair weird colors but it actually evened out the brown color and made the blonde where the red had faded look less orange. I've used it a few times now and it works pretty well. It's affordable, it doesn't smell bad but it does have a strong scent that stays in the hair for a while. Even after using the conditioner I noticed it was drying on the hair so I recommend using a leave in conditioner after you use the shimmer lights shampoo and conditioner
Karen S.
Weatherford, OK
My sister told me to use this for ages, but I never listened. When she went brunette she gave me a full bottle. I tried it, and have been hooked ever since! My hair is dirty blonde, and I dye it to an almost platinum color. This shampoo keeps my hair from looking brassy or dirty and keeps my blonde bright double the normal time (minus at the roots as it grows, but you can’t win them all lol). This shampoo is only slightly drying, and smells amazing! I leave on slightly longer than the recommended time, but I haven’t noticed a purple sheen yet (I’d be okay with it lol) I’d 100% recommend this to any blonde!
Merima M.
Lawrenceville, GA
This works decently; for the price, it's the best purple shampoo you're going to get. It is pretty harsh though and will dry your hair out. Also, it's the worst smelling shampoo I've ever tried! The old lady smell will linger in your hair for like a week, and it's so overpowering you will smell it 24/7. Even if this was the best purple shampoo on the planet, I would not use it simply due to the disgusting smell. You also have to be really careful with this shampoo because it will leave purple in your hair. If you wanna be blonde, invest in a higher quality purple shampoo.
lindsey s.
I️ have dyed blonde hair and the first time I️ had it done, it was very brassy so I purchased this product on the recommendation of my hairdresser. Within just one shower, my hair was noticeably less brassy. I use this shampoo and the conditioner counterpart once a week to keep the brassiness in check. Be careful not to use i️t too frequently though, as your hair will turn a silvery purple colour over time (subtle and not bad, but not necessarily the colour you want if you were aiming for just blonde). I️ have repurchased this shampoo many times. The smell is a little strong but i️t doesn’t stick to your hair. My only complaint would be that i️t is very drying (even with the conditioner) so make sure to keep a serum on hand or use a moisturizing shampoo on the days you don’t wash with this. In its field (purple shampoos), there are no shampoos that come close to this one. I️t is the best!
Breanna H.
HOLY GRAIL! As someone who is naturally blonde, who bleaches their hair platinum, I’ve tried a million purple shampoos, yet always come back to this. It does the job getting rid of brassiness, while also brightening your blonde as well. All purple shampoos can be a bit drying, but in my experience this has been the least drying. I’ve tried cheap brands, and very expensive brands. The most comparable brand I can think of is Pravana, but why pay over $20 when you can pay half of that?? I would totally recommend this to anyone who needs a purple shampoo!!
Janelle A.
Albuquerque , NM
Genius shampoo. I buy this if my hair starts to get brassy or I want to tone down the gold. Continued use, you sill see your hair take on a more ash tone. If you don’t like that undertone don’t leave It very long or use more than once or twice a week. I love a more subtle ash tone these days opposed to gold so I use this just about every other day. It makes a total difference especially if my roots have grown out and I’m overdue for a touch up. Highly recommend for this any color of blonde from light to dark and even the new trendy grayish and platinum tones
gabrielle y.
Tinton falls
I love this shampoo. I have naturally dark hair - almost black and go through phases of highlights, ombre, and balayage. I got this from Harmons as per my hairdresser's recommendation. I used it everytime i washed my hair mixed with regular shampoo (only because i felt that if i used it on its own it didnt really wash my hair which is naturally very oily) and it helped prevent my hair from becoming brassy/orange. I love it and definitely will repurchase when I get my hair dyed light again.
kierra 🌙.
Muncie, IN
This stuff definitely helps lighten/tone your brassy hair but is not worth the dryness it creates afterwards. Personally, my hair felt like straw after I used it, when usually my hair feels silky after it’s dry from the shower. Even though I liked the coolness it added, it wasn’t worth the very dry feeling you get after. Especially since there’s other products out there that do the same job without these results. Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Shampoo Blonde and Silver
Kendra H.
I found that this shampoo is really damaging. I rarely used it and it still seemed to dry out and frizz my hair. My ends would be so damaged I would have to cut it. It also leaves behind really weird purple streaks which I don’t like. Although it takes away the brassiness very well it just damages way too much, and who needs that when your hair has already been bleached/colored and it’s in a little fragile state from that.
Sar J.
Where can I buy this?
Devin H.
Orlando, FL
Is this product drying to hair? I am nervous using it since coloring often leaves my hair dry.
Kelsey W.
Does this tend to pull brassiness from blonde/silver and in exchange tint it purple/blue..?? I have ashy blonde highlights in my darker brown dyed hair and I have a similar shampoo to this that is quite expensive but when I use it too frequently it turns my highlights a strong violet purple. It's pretty but I'd prefer it not to!
Savannah K.
Fort Bragg, NC
How many uses does it take to notice a difference with this?
Brittany M.
Can I use this as an everyday shampoo or only if I need to tone my blonde?