BY CLAIROL

A rich blend of emollients, moisturizers, and color refreshers. Brightens white and gray hair. Neutralizes yellow as it conditions.

• I am currently going through hair therapy as my last hair dresser...3 Answers
  • Has anyone had a problem with this turning their hair grayish/sil...5 Answers
Autumn B.
Redford, MI
decided to use it in the shower one day. I thought it might turn my hair weird colors but it actually evened out the brown color and made the blonde where the red had faded look less orange. I've used it a few times now and it works pretty well. It's affordable, it doesn't smell bad but it does have a strong scent that stays in the hair for a while. Even after using the conditioner I noticed it was drying on the hair so I recommend using a leave in conditioner after you use the shimmer lights shampoo and conditioner
Becky S.
Review for: Blonde Silver, Clairol more...
The shampoo in this line is a 5 star product but I can't say the same for the conditioner because it doesn't seem to actually condition my hair. It may help with brassiness but I get the same results with the shampoo and a different conditioner together that I get with using the shampoo and this conditioner.
That said, I do have long, fine, straight, slightly colour damaged hair but I can use a ton of this conditioner and still not be able to use a wet comb through even half way.
Kat A.
San Jose
Review for: Clairol more...
This is such a great purple shampoo, I used it all the time when I had platinum blonde hair to get the brassiness out. Once or twice a week I would put it all the way through my hair like dye and leave it for ~15 or so minutes, and it worked great as a deep conditioner and more throughout toning treatment.
Misti R.
Review for: Blonde Silver more...
Best to be used together with the shampoo, it does a good job at blending any inconsistencies in hair color and brassiness. But even though its a conditioner, I dont find my hair that soft after use as I do with other conditioners. My tip is to use a bit of this with a regular conditioner and put them on at the same time. The purple still tones, but it comes out much softer.
Aimee B.
Review for: Blonde Silver more...
I have tried many salon brand purple shampoos... I always go back to this one. It makes my blonde perfectly ashy. It’s a bit drying so a deep conditioner should be used after! Love!
Summer D.
Review for: Clairol more...
If you want to get those yellow tones out of your hair this is the product for you it works very fast on natural hair and weave I was very shocked it runs about $5 very affordable and worth it
Amanda V.
I have naturally dark brown, Asian hair. My hair is pretty long & thick. I currently dye it all sorts of blonde and purple shampoo & conditioners are essential to the upkeep of my hair color. This one definitely does the job in getting rid of brassiness. Leave it on for about 10 mins & you're good! However, it is extremely drying... My hair feels completely dead & stripped after the shower. However, for the price, you can't really pass it up. At Sally's you can get the giant bottle for less than $20 & it will literally last you forever! I only use mine once or twice a week & a little goes a long way. This is a decent drugstore product but there are more hydrating alternatives from salon brands that I'd recommend. Check your local salon!
JACKIE M.
Philadelphia, PA
This is the holy grail for blonde girls Shampoo! My hairdresser was my touch up and left the color in my hair way to long. It turned out so brassy and he tried to tone it down but it didn't work. My sister recommended that I try Shimmer Lights and I am so happy I did. One wash took out all of the ugly orange brass and left my hair looking fab! If you want to go for an even lighter more ashy tone, I would suggest leaving the wash in your hair for an extra ten minutes. When I do this, people think I am either wearing a wig or dyed it an even lighter color! It's super affordable and I love it! Would recommend this to all the blondes I know!
Brooke B.
I feel this does work alright as a toner, it turned my hair more silver over time.
However, it is not really moisturizing for my dry, bleached hair. I have to follow up with a deep conditioner.
The smell isn't the greatest, reminds me of old lady hair salon.
The price is so-so, I mean it is meant to tone out hair so you'll have to pay a little more. I've only used ION silver shampoo and that sucked.
Megan W.
When I was a platinum blonde for many years, this was my go to conditioner. It takes about two washes to really notice a difference and it really does help tone out the brassiness! The reason why I am only giving four stars is because the conditioner itself is very drying so you need to use a really good deep conditioner with it as well.
Mariell T.
East Haven , CT
Has anyone had a problem with this turning their hair grayish/silver? I don't leave it in very long either. Is it the product? I don't want to buy another expensive purple shampoo and conditioner if I don't have to! Thanks in advance.
Valorie L.
Youngsville, LA
I am currently going through hair therapy as my last hair dresser butchered it. Let's just say I went from Ariel red to sherbet orange in one sitting. It was a nightmare. I am using the Shimmer lights shampoo but need a heavy duty conditioner. In the past color depositing conditioners I have used sucked. How's the Shimmer Lights Conditioner?
Summer D.
Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Conditioner will this get out that goldish brassy tint out of my hair
Eliana H.
Victoria , TX
Es cierto que reduce la tonalidad amarillenta del rubio?
Whitney S.
Is it me or does the conditioner feel just like the shampoo??