2 colors available

BY CLAIROL

A rich blend of emollients, moisturizers, and color refreshers. Brightens white and gray hair. Neutralizes yellow as it conditions.

• I am currently going through hair therapy as my last hair dresser b...3 Answers
  • Has anyone had a problem with this turning their hair grayish/silve...5 Answers
Kailey S.
Kailey S.
Joplin, MO
Beauty Junkie Expert
Absolutely love both the shunned lights shampoo and conditioner. I have ombré hair that is bleached white-blonde at the ends and due to being a natural brunette, keeping the blonde ashy and beautiful is a lot of upkeep. This conditioner makes it so easy to keep my hair looking beautiful and blonde I prefer it over the shampoo simply for the fact that the blonde is currently only at the bottom of my hair and I to don't use shampoo on my ends. I did however only give this four stars for two reasons- I don't feel like it works well as a "conditioner" and I don't care for the smell of it (kind of powdery) but j fix this by simply mixing with my favorite conditioner. I do the same with the shunned lights shampoo. Overall great product, non-expensive and does its job at keeping blonde hair toned and not brassy.
Jaclyn O.
Jaclyn O.
New Brunswick, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
Although I am a brunette I did have a blonde phase in my life for about a year. Due to bleaching, my hair sometimes would be brassy and yellow as well and fragile and dry. This shampoo helped a lot with the brassiness of my hair. It was literally a life saver for my color. However it did not help my dryness but I didn't expect it to I just used another conditioner and also deep conditioned. If I ever went blonde again I would probably turn to this product again.
Krystal C.
Krystal C.
Again I have silver hair and bleached damage like byond .
I use the shampoo that gose with this. It dose get out brass ! I leave it on for 10 min. Then rise it out in cold water . It dose restore some moisture, but for me I need to use a deep conditioner after. If you want to tone that brass out this is awesome. If you want to get soft hair it's not your best option. Again it does have some not so friendly ingredients.
Kassandra F.
Kassandra F.
S Portland, ME
Beauty Junkie Expert
Maintaining blonde and silver/ grey hair is not easy! I personally color mine silver and this really helps with keeping all brassy tones at bay. even as my shiny silver fades I use this along with the shampoo once a week and it keeps the faded ashy blonde nice looking between coloring. The only negative I would have to say is that the scent is a little off putting
I purchased this conditioner at Sally's beauty supply the prices very affordable. It did noting for my hair? It didn't add any moisture my hair felt extra dry and it didn't tone as good as The shampoo did. I was expecting for the shampoo being so drying to the hair that the conditioner would make them extra soft moisturized and even more toned but it didn't
Kiley W.
Kiley W.
San Francisco, CA
Agree with other reviewers that you have to use a lot of the product. Maybe I don't have quite as much difficulty because I have straight hair, but I think it still moisturizes my hair and helps to keep it smooth without tangles. Maybe pair it up with an occasional deep conditioner or leave-in conditioner.
Kaylee H.
Kaylee H.
A great product that helped me get rid of brassy undertones and get my hair really white! I bought this with the shampoo. Also, some people complain about the smell in their reviews, but I really like it. It is not super moisturizing, so I would probably alternate washing with a more moisturizing product.
Angelina V.
Angelina V.
Philadelphia, PA
Shimmer lights is GREAT for blonde hair or even just blonde highlights. I've always had dark black hair so when I decided to add some lightness to my hair I was nervous, but with shimmer lights i was no longer nervous. It kept my hair looking healthy and gave it a "new" look at all times.
Megan B.
Megan B.
Cromwell , CT
I'm on the fence with this product. It's price is great compared to other blonde treatments. It had definitely kept the brassy tones out of my hair.My hair feels like straw after using it though. I feel like I need to use another conditioner after this one.
Ashley F.
Ashley F.
This shampoo does the job at an affordable price. The brassy tones tend to come out in my hair whenever I dye it so this was a must. However, definitely follow the instructions (once a week) or you'll end up changing the color of your hair entirely.
Mariell T.
Mariell T.
East Haven, CT
Beauty Junkie Expert
Has anyone had a problem with this turning their hair grayish/silver? I don't leave it in very long either. Is it the product? I don't want to buy another expensive purple shampoo and conditioner if I don't have to! Thanks in advance.
Valorie L.
Valorie L.
Youngsville, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am currently going through hair therapy as my last hair dresser butchered it. Let's just say I went from Ariel red to sherbet orange in one sitting. It was a nightmare. I am using the Shimmer lights shampoo but need a heavy duty conditioner. In the past color depositing conditioners I have used sucked. How's the Shimmer Lights Conditioner?
Summer D.
Summer D.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Conditioner will this get out that goldish brassy tint out of my hair
Whitney S.
Whitney S.
Is it me or does the conditioner feel just like the shampoo??
Eliana H.
Eliana H.
Victoria, TX
Es cierto que reduce la tonalidad amarillenta del rubio?