BY CLAIROL #9 in Hair Bleach & Lighteners

• Creates lustrous highlights and special effects in no time
  • Forms a rich, creamy consistency that is easy to handle
  • Dedusted to minimize powder fly-away
  • Extra-fast lightening formula

Clairol BW2 Lightener is an extra-strength dedusted lightener that provides colorists the ultimate creative control over the lightening process.

Usage:

Mix BW2 with 10 or 20-volume developer in a plastic bowl to a creamy consistency. Apply where highlights are wanted. Process up to 30 minutes, or until desired lightness is achieved.

For Professional Use.

Once applied, check regularly until desired level of decolorization is achieved.

• Do I need to be a salon professional to purchase this pro...3 Answers
  • Can the bw2 powder be used by itself without a developer?2 Answers
Stephanie G.
Brooklyn Park
When it comes to lightening your hair, i would say ALWAYS ALWAYS stick with a more professional product like this. Something with a developer that you mix with lightener, box lightener and bleach it sooooo bad for your hair, and a hair stylist nightmare lol. I have used this lightener many times i have liked the outcome almost every time. Lightening your hair is never really good for your hair but done right and make sure you have a super moisturizing conditioning treatment you use after. This definitely gets the job done!

Lea S.
Conway, SC
I've been using powder bleach to lighten my hair for years now. I received this to try for free in exchange for a review, so I gave it a shot. I have naturally dark blonde hair, and this lifted the color very well. The result for me is always hot orange roots, so getting that result from this is not shocking. The only thing I didn't like was that it stayed very thick and chalky when mixing it with the developer which made it a little difficult to mix through my hair. This resulted in some missed spots.
Camella W.
Magnolia, AR
I slapped this on my bob unit two hours before a wedding and was able to lift it, deep condition it, and style it in that small time frame! This lifts well without completely drying out! I’ve used other lifters and they’ve either taken FOREVER and came out brittle or just not lifted the way that I needed them to.. this is price efficient AND does exactly what I needed to.
Cassandra L.
Auburn, WA
It's okay in a pinch but indont use it on anything these days except highlighting hair for spot fashion colors. It doesn't lift even on full applications, it's verybwaem and drying to the hair. No matter what developer you use, you're going to have to do it again since this only lifts about 4-5 levels and let's allllll that res orange come through. I've since switched to a better brand for my foils and balayage etc. It is low dust, but not dust free.
Ryan S.
Penryn, CA
As a professional a really like this listener and I've been using it for about 18 years now. The results are quick and it lifts maximum level. (Some of those pre toned lighteners only lift 4-5 levels and while they work great for foiling in highlights I hate doing a whole head of dark hair with it) this is not a pre toned lightener so I recommend you have a toner or demi blonde hair color on hand for after the lightening process to get a beautiful blonde look. This will definitely take out the color though. When k use it on my self (level 6 hair) it goes to a level 10 yellow just like the inside of a banana peel that you hear people talking about when describing very lifted hair.
Breanna B.
Abingdon, MD
I really do not like this bleach. as a professional hair stylist i think this bleach leaves the hair very damaged and doesn't life that well. In school we used this bleach on our mannequin that should tell you alot. If i am using a bleach from sally's i like to use the prism lites (blue)
Kayla B.
Charleston
I’ve been using this lightening powder for years! It is very strong so you must be very careful but it gets the job done! It can be used with any developer of any brand or volume. I love the big tubs Bc they are very convenient and last long however they do have smaller packs that only cost $1 and some change
Alex V.
Ontario
I recently used this bleach in order to be able to color my hair, and it did its job. I had virgin hair and it lightened it a significant amount of levels. It's a very good product and I will be using it again the next time I need to bleach my hair. It lightened it enough that my bright color was able to shine through. The picture was with just the bleach I eventually toned it.
Emily N.
Boston, MA
This is a good, but strong bleach. My natural color is around a level seven, so I don’t think this product was ideal for me, but it did lift my hair quickly without the need for an overly strong developer.

I received this product for free from influenster.
Natalee K.
Coralville, IA
I received this in my #FlareMe box from #influenster for testing purposes only. It lifted my hair sooo fast especially for me having virgin hair never being chemically treated at all. I was suprised. #complimentary #boldgairchallenge #contest
Becky H.
London, ON
Do I need to be a salon professional to purchase this product? Is this available in Canada?
Can the bw2 powder be used by itself without a developer?

Walmart