BY CLAIROL #9 in Hair Bleach & Lighteners

The extra-strength Basic White Powder Lightener provides balanced lightening for highlights with results that are predictable and quick. Extra-strength BW2 Powder lightener is dedusted to minimize powder fly-away, letting you create a full range of subtle-to-dramatic off-the-scalp lightening services.

Basic White benefits include:

• Balanced lightening
  • Predictable, quick results
  • Full range of lightening services

• Do I need to be a salon professional to purchase this pro...3 Answers
  • Can the bw2 powder be used by itself without a developer?2 Answers
Stephanie G.
Brooklyn Park
When it comes to lightening your hair, i would say ALWAYS ALWAYS stick with a more professional product like this. Something with a developer that you mix with lightener, box lightener and bleach it sooooo bad for your hair, and a hair stylist nightmare lol. I have used this lightener many times i have liked the outcome almost every time. Lightening your hair is never really good for your hair but done right and make sure you have a super moisturizing conditioning treatment you use after. This definitely gets the job done!

Lea S.
Poughkeepsie, NY
I've been using powder bleach to lighten my hair for years now. I received this to try for free in exchange for a review, so I gave it a shot. I have naturally dark blonde hair, and this lifted the color very well. The result for me is always hot orange roots, so getting that result from this is not shocking. The only thing I didn't like was that it stayed very thick and chalky when mixing it with the developer which made it a little difficult to mix through my hair. This resulted in some missed spots.
Camella W.
Magnolia, AR
I slapped this on my bob unit two hours before a wedding and was able to lift it, deep condition it, and style it in that small time frame! This lifts well without completely drying out! I’ve used other lifters and they’ve either taken FOREVER and came out brittle or just not lifted the way that I needed them to.. this is price efficient AND does exactly what I needed to.
Ryan S.
Penryn, CA
As a professional a really like this listener and I've been using it for about 18 years now. The results are quick and it lifts maximum level. (Some of those pre toned lighteners only lift 4-5 levels and while they work great for foiling in highlights I hate doing a whole head of dark hair with it) this is not a pre toned lightener so I recommend you have a toner or demi blonde hair color on hand for after the lightening process to get a beautiful blonde look. This will definitely take out the color though. When k use it on my self (level 6 hair) it goes to a level 10 yellow just like the inside of a banana peel that you hear people talking about when describing very lifted hair.
Breanna B.
Abingdon, MD
I really do not like this bleach. as a professional hair stylist i think this bleach leaves the hair very damaged and doesn't life that well. In school we used this bleach on our mannequin that should tell you alot. If i am using a bleach from sally's i like to use the prism lites (blue)
Hannah A.
Grand rapids, MN
I'm very suprised. I don't like to use bleach in my hair but since Influenster sent it to me to test I did just so. I only put it on some strips of my hair just in case.. Let me just say my favorite thing about it is that it didn't leave my hair dry, stringy and brittle!! It lifted a lot also!! I have a gross green undertone in my hair from dying it green in them past and it lifted a little more than other bleach!
Yvette P.
San Diego, CA
so when bleaching my hair at home i go with one of two options. this being one. this works really well. i feel does a really good job. obviously follow instructions and try not to over process. iIt id very affordable. you get a better bang for your buck when you get the buckets.
Alex V.
Ontario
I recently used this bleach in order to be able to color my hair, and it did its job. I had virgin hair and it lightened it a significant amount of levels. It's a very good product and I will be using it again the next time I need to bleach my hair. It lightened it enough that my bright color was able to shine through. The picture was with just the bleach I eventually toned it.
Julian S.
Atoka, TN
Great product and gives you a great all over lift for your hair. It works fast and it gets the job done fast and easy. It is great and very affordable and you can find it at your local beauty supply.
Emily N.
Boston, MA
This is a good, but strong bleach. My natural color is around a level seven, so I don’t think this product was ideal for me, but it did lift my hair quickly without the need for an overly strong developer.

I received this product for free from influenster.
Becky H.
London, ON
Do I need to be a salon professional to purchase this product? Is this available in Canada?
Can the bw2 powder be used by itself without a developer?