BY CLAIROL

The extra-strength Basic White Powder Lightener provides balanced lightening for highlights with results that are predictable and quick. Extra-strength BW2 Powder lightener is dedusted to minimize powder fly-away, letting you create a full range of subtle-to-dramatic off-the-scalp lightening services.

Basic White benefits include:

• Balanced lightening
  • Predictable, quick results
  • Full range of lightening services

• Do I need to be a salon professional to purchase this product? I...2 Answers
Janine C.
Janine C.
Hanover Twp, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I actually used this product today. I stay pretty faithful with it because it is very strong bleach and it could lift a few shades. Also its not that expensive and you could use it for many uses. I have really sensitive skin though and it does irrate it. Pretty much every bleach does, but I wish it smelled nicer or something wooo its strong.
Markia H.
Markia H.
Lauderhill, FL
I use this with developer to bleach the knots for my wigs so they can look more realistic and i love this brand the best. It works fast and effectively like it's supposed to. Everything came out nearly perfect and I was overall satisfied. I would definitely recommend to others!
Yadira L.
Yadira L.
Las Vegas, NV
Beauty Junkie Expert
This bleach is really good. i used this to dye my hair extensions when I was blonde a year ago. The good thing is that is durable, and it works pretty fast in the bleaching process. I got it for a good price in a beauty supply. I would definitely recommend it.
Jessica O.
Jessica O.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I think this works well you just have to be careful and know what you're doing. If you do not have much patience I would not recommend doing this at home any way. I've tried the smaller packet ones and they've always worked for me. I haven't had a problem.
Mayasia E.
Mayasia E.
Rochester , NY
This is the only powder bleach I ever use on my hair. I have really dark, thick hair. It still lifts the color right off.
Emily E.
Emily E.
Lodi, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This stuff is fantastic and extremely fast working on my blonde hair. I used it to lift my hair about 3-4 shades. I used it two times - the whole bucket worked to cover my hair from roots to about 10 inches down (since last professional lightening). I mixed the lightener both times with Clairol Professional Soy4plex Pure White Creme Hair Color Developer - 30.

I do have ALOT of hair so by the time I applied it all over, some of my hair over-developed (my error - not product). And the individual packet was perfect for root touch up (about 3/4"-1" outgrowth). This is just so easy to use and apply (even on my own).

However it does have a STRONG smell but that's not unusual for a bleaching product. I plan to reuse this for all my own lightening processes. I did leave it on parts of my hair for 90 minutes (definitely not recommended) and had no negative reactions via scalp or hair. My hair is still strong and healthy - although extra hydrating conditioner is always recommended after bleach use!

I will post photos from both times I used (whole and root touch-ups)

Pros: quick acting, easy to mix/apply, personally no irritation to skin, fair cost at Sally Beauty (bucket for $14.99 and packet for $4.69 with beauty card)

Cons: it has a strong smell (don't recommend using in closed space). You may have to use a toner if hair is too brassy or golden.
Hannah A.
Hannah A.
Grand rapids, MN
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Clairol BW2 Powder Lightener 1 oz.
I'm very suprised. I don't like to use bleach in my hair but since Influenster sent it to me to test I did just so. I only put it on some strips of my hair just in case.. Let me just say my favorite thing about it is that it didn't leave my hair dry, stringy and brittle!! It lifted a lot also!! I have a gross green undertone in my hair from dying it green in them past and it lifted a little more than other bleach!
Leny R.
Leny R.
I have lightened my hair many times since I was 16 and this lightener has been the most effective in the least amount of sessions. My hair is very stubborn and does not lighten easily but this does a pretty good job of lightening my color treated hair. The only down side is the very strong scent.
Crista L.
Crista L.
Review for: Clairol Tub Extra Strength
I don't color my own hair , because I'm natural but when I get weave I dye that . I mix this powder with a developer and it does amazing . This has always been the one that I used so I ant compare it to anything else . I use 1 whole tube for 3 bundles and a frontal
Nik A.
Nik A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Clairol BW2 Powder Lightener 1 oz.
This product was pretty good. Compared to my other powder bleach I use. Wasn't enough product for my entire hair tho and I did run out of it. I would definitely recommend getting 2 pouches if you have hair up to or longer than your chest.
Becky H.
Becky H.
London, ['', '', '']
Beauty Junkie Expert
Do I need to be a salon professional to purchase this product? Is this available in Canada?