BY CLAIROL

Permanent color that blends seamlessly, no matter which leading shade you use. Lasts up to 3 weeks. 100% gray coverage. Precision Brush for quick and easy application. Just 10 minutes to say goodbye to roots and grays. see more...

• Is this only for dark hair or do they have blonde shades too?1 Answers
  • Does this product work well? Does the colour fade or wash away qu...2 Answers
  • Has anyone used this to match with L'oreal color expert shade 8.0...1 Answers
Crystal B.
Memphis, TN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got this out of a whim. I had very noticeable grey strains whenever I put my hair down. It was only $8 at Walmart which was a reasonable price. The smell was not that strong and the after math either. And the color was a match and ya can't even notice I even color my hair. So going to re buy and recommend this ta everyone Ik. Beats going ta a pro too.
Rebecca H.
Evansville
Beauty Junkie Expert
Works well to cover up my very gray roots. Blends well with my color...both salon and box. Fades a bit but not that much to make it noticeable. Make sure to leave it on the extra five minutes if you have grays.
Bev S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
The Clairol root touch up is a life saver to cover up root growth in between hair color appointments.   I tried another brand which I don't remember and although the bottle was easier to handle than a tray of color and a brush, I still preferred Clairol.
Shelley G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I usually am hesitant on using at home color because once I got a blonde color to lighten my natural dark blonde color and I turned it green! It turns out ash colors don't marry well if you have some hint of red natural color. This wasn't the case with Clairol Root Touch up! I had back surgery last month and I wasn't able to get to the salon to have my roots done so my niece recommended the Clairol brand. I was able to find a shade that matched my salon color. I mixed the color with the developer in the mixing tray provides and applied to my part line and lines at temples first. I then filled in the rest of my roots, saturating with color. I did need some assistance with the back of my head so my niece helped me. I timed it for 10 minutes(add an additional an additional 5 minutes For covering gray or using light blind root touch up). I rinsed well and conditioned well and rinsed and styles and I was and am 100% happy with the results!
Melissa C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have mixed feelings on this. Influenster sent me this to test as part of a VoxBox, but my hair is bleached blonde. They sent me "dark blonde" to test. I did try it out, just for the heck of it, and honestly? I don't like it. It does make my roots look more natural compared to my blonde hair but for me, this is not something that will work. This is not what I wanted and I plan to bleach over this within the next week.

I have used boxed dyes in the past to tone my bleached blonde, such as an ashy blonde but this was not the right color at all and I'm disappointed. If you have bleach blonde hair, don't use this. I still think its a good product, just not for me!
Amanda J.
N Tazewell, VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this in an Influenster box and I've been putting off trying it, mainly because I was so afraid that it wasn't going to match my hair color. (I received Dark Brown) now, my roots are dk brown but the rest of my hair is a dark burgundy, brown, reddish mess...so you can understand why I put it off for so long lol. I was so incredibly surprised by how easy the process was. (I always use box dyes and sometimes the struggle with them is real) The product was easy to mix, it had its own little bowl, and the brush was easy to use and maneuver through my hair. The color payoff was great, and it flowed well with my mess of a hair color. I would definitely recommend this product between colors, weather you have gray roots or not, its a wonderful product!
Brittany S.
Crowley , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have received this product complimentary from influenster, I was honestly impressed, I color my hair often but I have never tried a root touch up like this before, the brush it came with made it so much easier, the color was instantly, I got dark brown in which was pretty dark but blended perfectly, the only thing I did not like about it is I felt like there was not enough dye to be sure and get it all so I probably won't purchase again I kept the brush but next time I think I'll try the nice and easy dye to do my roots just not the root touch up dye. Overall great product !
Amanda G.
Sylmar, CA
I was provided this @clairol Root Touch-up complimentary from #influenster #voxbox in exchange for an honest review. I was impressed with how it blended in with my hair color. I wanted to touch up my roots without messing with the ombre thing that's happening. I will say there wasn't enough product to cover my whole head, so if you have a lot of greys I'd imagine you need to buy two. Being a root touch up product it shouldn't be because my hair is long, but it didn't cover the bottom 1/4 of my hair. I'd use this again. Thank You!
Joanne B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Even though I have my hair professionally colored, to save money I opted to try the Root Touch-Up by Clairol. I was a little afraid it might ruin my color and if so, I'd have to see my hairstylist to fix it.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well it matched the professional color. It was very easy to use and apply.

My only concern with this product is that it didn't seem like there was actually be enough of it to do the job. Luckily I was able to scrape out enough dye products to do an adequate job of coverage.

For the cost, it was worth it. And quite honestly, I don't even think my stylist even noticed or realized that I used it.
Danielle N.
Orlando, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got this product free to review for testing purposes compliments of Influenster! I usually don't purchase root touch ups because when I dye my hair it's usually the ends, my hair is naturally dark brown but after using the root touch up it made my hair dark and richer in color! The product does what it says it will do so I'm happy for that. As far as purchasing I probably won't unless it's hair dye for my ends. This is a great product Clairol is a great company for hair products, as long as they keep bringing the goods I'll keep testing or purchasing if I really need it for my hair! Thanks Influenster.
Ashley M.
Bedford , NS
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this product work well? Does the colour fade or wash away quickly? I have very dark hair and have started getting some grey roots so I want a product that will cover the grey and keep it covered for longer than 2 weeks :)
Laura F.
Sanford, MI
Is this easy to do yourself? How well does it blend with you other color?
Alison H.
Fairmount, GA
I have dark hair and my experience is that box hair color makes my hair about a shade darker than what I wanted or what the color states on the box. Even though I always chose a shade or 2 lighter than my natural color. Has anyone had this problem? Or will this product darken my hair a shade darker?
Christina F.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this only for dark hair or do they have blonde shades too?
Lexie R.
Has anyone used this to match with L'oreal color expert shade 8.0 Toasted Coconut?