14 colors available

BY CLAIROL

Get Up to 8 Weeks of Vibrant, Healthy-Looking Hair Color with 100% Gray Coverage. Natural Instincts Natural Instincts Vibrant Permanent Color Dark Brown Includes: Vibrant Cr me Colorant. Color Activating Cr me. ColorFresh™ Revitalizer Only Natural Instincts includes a ColorFresh™ Revitalizer, a conditioning cr me that adds color pigments back to your hair 2 weeks after coloring. see more...

Buy on Amazon
  • "It always gives me a decent amount of dye, at least enough to get full coverage." in 1 review
Roberta A.
Roberta A.
Portsmouth, VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Sometimes you just feel like changing your hair color. This product is an awesome one, it smells nice, the color looks very natural & long lasting, beautiful shades to choose from & very affordable!
Jackie B.
Jackie B.
Hazard, KY
This is the only dye I use! I love it, leaves you with great results. I couldn't be happier!!!!
Mari N.
Mari N.
Easthampton , Ma
I've been using various Clairol brand permanent hair colors for years. About a year ago, I tried another brand--lured in by a quick development time--but didn't like the mousse application OR that the color washed out so quickly. So, when I recently noticed Natural Instincts "vibrant" only takes ten minutes to develop, I was in! What's not to love about a brand I trust, a price that couldn't be beaten, and hair color in less time than it takes to boil and cool an egg!
Sadly, I can tell you what's not to love. The color (I used 8, medium blonde) faded just as quickly as that other brand, and definitely didn't work as a permanent color on my head. This wasn't altogether bad though, because my color results were uneven, so I was eager to have it gone! The uneven results can be easily explained: although my hair has NOT grown significantly in the 6 weeks since the last time I colored, there wasn't enough color to saturate all of my shoulder-length hair. I should have bought two bottles, but since I haven't had to before, I didn't know that until after I applied the first, and by then it was too late.

Although I haven't ever had issues with Clairol colors before, I admit the problem of it washing out and fading could be due to my hair. So in an effort to give you the complete picture, here's the background: My natural hair color is just about this shade (medium blonde), maybe a tiny bit lighter and more of a golden shade. I've been using hair color to add depth and brighten it rather than radically change my natural color. My hair is in good shape--trimmed, not terribly porous, soft---that is, nothing that would have alerted me to any problems.
I'd recommend Clairol as a whole, but can't really recommend this product specifically.
Ashley M.
Ashley M.
Willoughby, OH
I have been using this hair dye for the past 5 years. Once I tried it I knew I was never going back to the other hair dyes I have tried before. It truly does leave your hair very vibrant as it states on the box! I love how it gets my hair the exact shade I want every time and the conditioner that comes with it smells amazing. One of the best things about this product is the fact that it comes with a small packet "week 2 refresher" which you apply while in the shower, it gives your hair more vibrancy after 2 weeks! This is the only hair dye that I have ever seen that came with a week 2 refresher! I highly recommend this hair dye to anyone!
Wendy S.
Wendy S.
Augusta, GA
It gives you a good vibrant color that lasts for weeks!! My favorite is a dark auburn color..it's so pretty!!
Sidney O.
Sidney O.
warrensburg, mo
I love this product! It always gives me a decent amount of dye, at least enough to get full coverage. It also lasts along time, more than most where you have to dye it after fading after two weeks.
Andreea C.
Andreea C.
Orangeville , ON
Great color however it didn't last very long faded in a very washed out tone
Sammy J.
Sammy J.
This is a fairly good box dye and it is not too expensive like some of the other brands. I think it can be sometimes hit and miss with this but in general the colour is shiny and long lasting. If you have long hair you may need to buy 2 boxes but this is obvious and the same with any brand.

Xoxo, IdleGirl
london, ON
I always find myself grabbing this dye when its time to dye my hair its so easy to use, the color is the color you get. & the color lasts more then other drugstore brands the color out beats them in staying that color for weeks on end
Catherine K.
Catherine K.
Does this product contain ammonia?
london, ON
Whats your go to dye color ?