BY CLAIROL #32 in Hair Color

So You Get All the Gorgeous, Without All the Guilt Clairol Natural Instincts Haircolor Malaysian Cherry 20R Includes: Creme Colorant. Colorrefresh! Revitalizer. Color Activating Creme. Colortreat Conditioning Treatment Natural Instincts is the only hair color clinically proven healthier.*  Its system is formulated with aloe, vitamins and no ammonia. Non permanen. see more...

• Has anyone tried this hair dye?2 Answers
  • I just used this, and one box did not seem to be enough for my sh...2 Answers
  • Is there a hair dye in the world that won't damage the hair other...1 Answers
Vanna L.
Vanna L.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received a coupon to try this out for free from BzzAgent. Initially I wasn't too excited to try out a new brand of hair dye; I color my naturally blonde hair with box dyes often, and I'm very loyal to my Garnier Nutrisse, since most box dyes leave my hair feeling crunchy and dry. However, I was genuinely surprised at how much I enjoyed using this hair dye - it was very easy to use, gentle on the scalp/hair, and the end results were vibrant and the depth of color (I used Dark Brown) was incredible for a box dye. Normally my hair is parched in the few days after treating it, but I noticed that my hair was much less coarse/dry directly afterwards, even without doing a deep conditioning treatment. I think this is a great product to use in between professional perm color appointments at a salon, it makes upkeep incredible easy and yields very natural looking results. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised and will definitely be trying it out again in the future. Highly recommended!
Mikayla E.
Mikayla E.
I absolutely LOVE Clairol Natural Instincts Hair color!! I was very worried about dying my hair as I have very curly and sometimes dry hair. I was concerned that it would cause breakage to my hair. I was pleasantly surprised at the results!! included in the package is an aloe and coconut oil conditioner which works great!!! my hair was very smooth and silky not to mention the great color!! the ends of my hair was a lot lighter than my roots and I have many greys that are showing. thankfully this worked great!! and one of the best things about it is that there is no harmful smells. I also loved the fact that it didn't stain my skin either
Jackie B.
Jackie B.
Fayetteville, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
Okay let me start by saying the smell did not drawn me in aroma of pain. So that was a plus. I followed all instructions correctly and when it came out I loved the color. I was so pleased. It looked so natural and amazing. But literally within 2 days I could tell the color fading. I wasn't pleased. Needless to say within ten days and 2 washes my hair color was back at original hair color. The box did say 30 days but no where near it I was received. Not happy!
Shelby N.
Shelby N.
Lakeland, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I bought this in dark blonde in an attempt to even out my color and I could tell pretty much no difference. There was maybe a slight tint on my roots where I applied it first but all in all a waste of money, I should've bought one of my tried and true I knew would work. The only good things about it was that it didn't absolutely reek and make my bathroom unbearable to be in & it did leave my hair feeling soft.
Amy S.
Amy S.
Phoenix, AZ
I've always dyed my hair at home and have tried several different brands. This has become my favorite primarily because it seemed to damage my hair the least. I have very thick, long hair so I needed two boxes. The smell is much better than any other hair dye I've purchased before and if you keep an eye out for coupons you can pick it up for very cheap!
Christina H.
Christina H.
Ilion, NY
It is rare for me to find a hair dye that covers my gray hair. As a 25 year old woman, I have started to gray due to lovely genetics, but luckily for me clairol natural instincts has helped cover my grays for a lot longer than other demi permanent hair coloring treatments. It is also quite inexpensive, which everyone would love that aspect!
Amanda Z.
Amanda Z.
Grand Rapids, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a great hair color if you want to add a subtle tint to your hair without damaging it. I really like the red shades on brown or blonde hair. It's a fun way to try out a new color without being to drastic. It lasts about a month depending on how often you wash your hair. It made my hair feel softer after using it. Would repurchase.
Hannah C.
Hannah C.
Jackson, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is marketed as a semi permanent hair dye. That should mean it would gradually wash out of virgin hair. It does not. Trying to get rid of this stuff is a nightmare. If anyone is looking for a permanent color I would recommend this just for its availability. If you just want a color for a few months, stay away.
Falla C.
Falla C.
Detroit, MI
I was skeptical about this product at first but when I want so I used it it has such vibrant color left my hair feeling soft and Ashley is not damaging to my hair it seems to have helped my hair I really like the nice and easy Natural Instinct color line it has just left my hair feeling so silky and smooth
Crystal K.
Crystal K.
Adairville, KY
Oh my I received this for review purposes. I was a little skeptical because I normally get my hair done at a salon. There was no harsh ammonia smell and it left my hair soft and silky smooth. My hair is a natural dark blonde and I dyed it to a medium brown. My hair looks just like the box.
jenny b.
jenny b.
Does it work for really dark black hair
Mollie B.
Mollie B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this brand leave your hair in good condition? Also wondering if it has a strong smell? How long before it fades?
Mia H.
Mia H.
Pittsburgh, PA
I never tried this before but would like to. Does it really work?
Kristie R.
Kristie R.
I just used this, and one box did not seem to be enough for my shoulder length hair. Did anyone else have this problem?
Christina A.
Christina A.
Las Vegas, NV
Beauty Junkie Expert
Has anyone tried this hair dye?