BY CLAIROL

Natural Instincts is a semi-permanent, ammonia-free hair color system that washes out gradually in just 28 shampoos. Formulated with coconut oil, aloe, vitamin and antioxidants, Natural Instincts is the healthier hair color, so you can color without the consequences and #FlirtWithColor

Buy on Amazon
Heather W.
Clairol Natural Instincts, 022, Cinnaberry, Med Auburn Brown love love love this! Used this today because I was looking to change my hair color without commitment (in case I didn’t like it) and also wanted something not so harsh on my hair. I used Olia in Light Brown about 5 weeks ago and it fried my hair. Today I used this Clairol product and couldn’t be happier. Only took 10 minutes to process and rinsed our very easily. I love the color! Not too red, not too brown. I know this will fade in a few weeks but I’m willing to color every few weeks if my hair doesn’t get damaged. I do have grays and found this covered them well. We will see how soon it fades and how soon the grays start showing up. The conditioner included with this was simply amazing. No harsh smell with this product either. My scalp was just starting to tingle/burn when the 10 minutes was up, but not bad. I applied this to damp hair as per the instructions. Easy to apply, a creamy formula and no drips. This was $7 at Walmart. Love the color!
Rachael K.
I have some color commitment issues. Then at 25, I discovered this line. I LOVE IT!!! Natural Instincts is the ONLY semi-permanent color kit I can find at any of my local drugstores. I have naturally medium cool brown hair. I use these kits to "freshen up" my natural color, with wonderful results. Application is a breeze with the easy to follow instructions. Just a tip: dye day two/three hair rather than freshly washed, as the coloring process seems to remove some oils. I find the packaging appealing and I have found the result color swatches on the side of the box to be tremendously helpful in picking a color. They're fairly accurate. Also, the conditioner that comes with this is worth buying the dye just to get that, it's phenomenal! Never has my hair been softer than after I use that stuff. As promised, color does wash out after so many washes, but I find I'm good for a couple months when I use this. I will continue to buy, for when I need a refresh or for times when I crave something fun and darker, or something with some red.
Christen H.
North Miami, FL
I just started dying my hair. I have a patch of white hairs, literally about 15 strands right in the front of my hair line. I have been trying different hair dye's in which i would feel weren't unnecessarily damaging and frying my hair, especially just having a patch at the front of my hair (FYI - i dye my whole head to not leave spots). This is the only hair dye i use now. the only one that leaves my hair so soft, healthy and NOT damaged. LOVE IT!
April L.
Tarpon Spgs, FL
Loved this color so much!! I use to LOVE my bright red hair in high school but I needed something borderline more “natural” for work, so I went with the Clairol Natural Instincts Cream Medium Auburn 23R. Gave me such a beautiful red that wasn’t too dark, but wasn’t that Light/bright either! Have used it multiple times since 2014. The formula was nice too, and the smell wasn’t that overwhelming, which is always nice with box dye.
Michelle🌞 O.
Chicago , IL
I love this hair dye! It washes out after a lot of washes but its suppose to. Its a demi permanent hair dye. Just be careful with the black. It kinda turned my color 4 hair dark dark blue but i loved it tbh.
Lynette R.
It is decent color. Whenever I dye my hair back from blonde I have purchased this product. It is not the best compared to Ion and Garnier. I always get dark brown and the color always looks black but faded to a reddish brown which I don’t like. This would be my last choice
Jewel D.
Collinsville
I didn’t like the smell or the gloves the color pay off wasn’t that great and it didn’t last that long but it was easy to use and easy to get and pretty in expensive so I don’t know maybe a different line but I wouldn’t use this die again
Megan F.
White City
I used to always get this brand when i would color my hair all the time in high school. It’s simple to use if you’re doing it all by yourself & i love the color pay off i get (: always was satisfied with this product.
Gabi R.
Pittsburgh
Great color, lasts long and was very easy to use. There were no issues applying the product. The conditioner it came with was also great and added to the shine of the color. Overall, would recommend
Alexis U.
It works so great! Really makes your hair feel healthier after you dye it. It’s not like any other dyes I’ve ever put in my hair, doesn’t smell like chemicals either.
Marion T.
Is it safe to use this product on eyebrows?
Ruby R.
Does the color completely wash out after 28 days?
Adalgisa c.
Quisiera saber si son recomendados para cabello rizo y si contiene amonia?