City Sports Club

by City Sports Club

Is this as better or just as good as Goodlife?
Which is better? This gym or 24 hour fitness?
Start your review of City Sports Club !
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“Tried this for a month, really nice and a little more than some 24 hour fitness memberships, but nicer as well.” in reviews
“This is a great place to go” in reviews
“It has to be based on the wonderful experience, the great customer service along with business service that they offer that makes someone write great review.” in reviews
Berkeley, CA
City doors opened a block from my house last year. It really couldn't be more convenient. I like seeing the different faces of my neighborhood when I go. Because it's new, it has new equipment. That doesn't stop it from being down though! It's great value for the price. I only wish it had towel service!
Oakland, CA
Great price. Great class options and great trainers. Facility is big and has a lot of different options. Can get busy but okay if you figure out the off times and the best time to go for you.
San Pablo, CA
This gym has all new and modern machines and equipment. It is very clean and organized. And they offer a wide variety of classes Included with membership which is awesome!
Typically very crowded and smelly. Classes are great. Not too big so it feels like you’re on top of others while you’re working out. Machines are constantly down as well so lines form to use machines throughout the facility.
Milpitas, CA
My experience at City Sports Club has been a very interesting one. I have to say with all honesty that I would have given City Sports club-Brokaw a 3 1/2 star if I was just basing it on location and the amenities that they offer alone. However, when reviewing a business the review has to be more than what a business just has to offer. It has to be based on the wonderful experience, the great customer service along with business service that they offer that makes someone write great review. However, I wish I could say this about this particular location, but I can't I could only give it a 1 star. First, I gave it a 1 star because of the customer service that is really lacking in the membership staffing and training counselor staff. They are rude, not very helpful and lack enthusiasm. I want to see a smile from the person behind the desk when I walk into gym and when I leave the gym. When a member comes up to a staff member to ask a question, let the member feel welcome to ask a question by acknowledging them. Do not just ignore the member while they are standing in front of you and pretend that you do not see them while you are continuing to play on your cell phone. Secondly,I have overheard many times staff talking negatively ( meaning inappropriate comments that should not be said on the floor at all)about its members while they are on the exercising floor. In my opinion, there should not be any comments made,but if there are going to be any comments made about its members of any sort it, whether its negative or positive, it should be made in a private setting where its members cannot overhear the comments. City Sports Club-Brokaw it is about image and the image that you are displaying with your members. Finally, what I have noticed is the personal training counselor staff has not been honest with their clients when signing them up for training. The personal trainer sales counselor is not very knowledgeable of the contract(or maybe he is but intentionally leaves out information) and lies to its potential clients to get people to sign up. For example, how much time you have to cancel the contract if you change your mind, how much it will cost to leave the contract, can you prepay or transfer your training if you move away from your current location etc.. My suggestion is do not listen to the personal trainer counselors if you are going to sign up. PLEASE ask to read a printable copy of the contract before signing an electronic copy of the contract to make sure you know what you are getting into. I have heard nightmares of members not being able to get their money back or have difficulty time canceling the contract once signed. Personal trainer sales counselor staff, BE HONEST with your clients and potential clients because it is not all about the sale, but the person that you have in front of you. For the record, this review does not have to do with the Master Trainers or Personal Trainers because if I was doing a review on Oliver and Rachelle S. I would give them a 4 to 5 star because they are excellent at what they do.
Petaluma , CA
The gym is nice. I feel like the staff doesn't keep the place too clean. I never see them cleaning. The staff is always kinda standing around doing nothing and aren't the most friendly, some are, some aren't. There are usually machines available and they offer a variety of classes at different times, some instructors are good, some aren't. Overall this gym is worth the price.
San Jose, CA
Great trainers, plenty of available machines, good selection of free weights. I wish there were a few Pilates classes and a few more yoga classes but the rest of them are pleasant. I've never used the pool but it looks clean. I visit the Newhall location in San Jose.
Petaluma, CA
The price is right and the equipment is high quality. The people who work there are always very friendly, it is not too crowded if you go in the morning. Sometomes the locker rooms could use a little more attention, but all in all i am satisfied with my membership
Affordable and good value. It can get overcrowded though or machines stay broken for awhile. They need to keep up with the quality of the equipment and repair in a more timely matter. There should be more space for stretching and mats.
I love this gym!! Best and cleanest gym I’ve been to, and not to mention it doesn’t get super annoying busy! I go as often as I can, it’s one of my favorite places to be at and it’s very therapeutic to me. I’m there for like 2 hours.