City Lips City Cosmetics Advanced Formula Clear Lip Plumper uploaded by Jana W.City Lips City Cosmetics Advanced Formula Clear Lip Plumper uploaded by Kitzen P.City Lips City Cosmetics Advanced Formula Clear Lip Plumper uploaded by Tori M.

BY CITY LIPS #92 in Lip Plumper

City Lips City Cosmetics Advanced Formula Clear Lip Plumper
  • "This product really plumps your lips immediately after applying. It lasts a long time too. I prefer the clear, because as it plumps your lips get subtly pink and moisturizer. No need for color. " in 13 reviews
Claudia B.
Glendale, AZ
For starters, I can’t remember the last time I wore/ purchased lipstick or lipgloss that wasn’t intended to plump the lips. So when I say, “I’ve tried them all” it’s NOT an overstatement. That is, with the exception of the ones that immediately deterred me away due to a long list of bad reviews. Unfortunately, City Lips did NOT live up to ANY of it claims. I ordered it directly from the City Lips website.
PRO’S:
1) The Website was nice, informative and easy to navigate.
2) It arrived promptly and in good condition.
CONS:
1) The packaging was very generic/bland looking for its pricey tag. However, I can deal with that... as it’s the quality of the product that matters to me.
2) For aprox 30 seconds after applying it my lips felt tingly. It didn’t burn and wasn’t painful but it definitely felt like it was doing something good in regards to plumping my lips. Initially, I did notice a slight difference in my lip volume. But sadly, within a minute or two my lips were back to normal. City Lips has NO LASTING EFFECT! Furthermore, they recommend using it every night before bed with the claim that it will actually increase the volume of your lips over time. I did that faithfully for an entire month with NO RESULTS! Sadly, it did nothing that it claimed to for me... so I would have to give it zero stars in regards to plumping the lips.😕
3) I can’t even recommend it as a nice looking or moisturizing lip gloss.... as it not only lacked shine and staying power, but it also dried out my lips 👄!
For those of you lip plumping seekers, I would suggest trying Buxom. To this day, I have yet to find anything better in regards to achieving that sought after natural looking, plump “sexy pout”! I highly recommend their lip creams. My personal faves are-
Dolly (high-shine mauve), Mudslide (high-shine nudish/tan, Sophia (high-shine nudish/pink, and White Russian (classic nude). Your welcome in advance!👍🏼😉👌🏻
Joanie S.
Bensalem, PA
LOVE. THIS. STUFF.   This is probably the best lip plumper on the market anywhere and so many people havent even heard of it sadly. It's a little  pricey but so so worth it. When they have sales, that's the time to stock up. I have so many colors and the clear. Sun Diego Is apparently a dupe for nars orgasm, the Los angelips is beautiful omg my favorite. Nude York city another favorite. They are all amazing even the brighter putple one. I recently got the  matte colors too and the  pink nude Is a beautiful color on the lips. The clear is great everyday or used woth another color you like or a lipstick. I never put the gloss on top of lipstick. If anything I put it on my bottom lip and the lip stick on the top and just smear together. They are my favorite. Hands down.
LeslieJune R.
novato
I have tried so many products, when this arrived I was hopeful that it would do what it said. I followed the instructions and I did see a change. I have used Botox and I wanted to use something that didn’t involve a an appointment, a needle and lots of $$$. This product has saved my life. Smoothed out the tiny lines and after it sets the lipstick is set. What a pleasure. I have almost gone through my first tube. I have thrown so many things in the trash. When this tube finds it’s way to the trash it will be because it has all been used up. No waste just happiness with this little miracle tube of joy.
Gina A.
City lips is such a great brand and I find not many people seem to know about it!! These plumbers have lasting effects, and that’s something hard to come by. Most only work temporarily while with continued use these keep on working! They work fairly quickly as well, so I apply this before putting on my makeup. The gloss is a thicker consistency and is a bit sticky so I wipe off all the excess before applying any lipstick and it works just fine.
Dana B.
Nashville
I’m skeptical about plumpers- but City Lips City Cosmetics Advanced Formula Clear Lip Plumper is a “treatment.” I put it on at night before bed and see a fuller pout in the morning. Yes - lots of tingle/stinging... but manageable and worth it in my book. I actually like the feeling.
Adrienne A.
Indianapolis
I really like this product because it works without making the skin around my lips red!!! Being a fair skinned person, most lip plumpers leave me with lips that look sunburnt...not cute! I’m on my second tube of City Lips, and I plan to buy it again!
Leah C.
Tarentum, PA
I have been using this “City Lips” lip plumper for years now! I usually just purchase clear but have also purchased two colors in the past. It defiantly gives your lips a little boost and does not sting! It is super soft and not too sticky!City Lips City Cosmetics Advanced Formula Clear Lip Plumper
Andrea G.
Collinsville, MS
It definitely plumps your pout! This review is for the clear gloss, but the colored glosses are fabulous too! There’s a definite tingling that can be intense upon application which is the active ingredients working, but the sensation fades. Unfortunately, the plump isn’t permanent, but you can always reapply!
Gabrielle P.
Anchorage, AK
I have thin lips and have tried multiple lip plumpers. I recently got the city lips plumper and it is great! It’s not like most plumpers that burn your lips so much that you take the gloss off, there’s just a subtle touch of heat, but nothing that you can’t handle.

You can even use your regular lipstick or gloss on top! 😍
Beth S.
Friendswood
I got the clear I will probably try other Shades as well but it is not sticky has a nice gloss to it while also adding moisture and Plumping to my lips it lasts unlike regular lip glosses I would definitely order it again it is a little pricey but it's worth it I had to order it online.
Angela N.
Fremont , NE
How much does this cost? And do you only have to apply it once daily and have to continuously applying it religiously?
Sofie H.
Norfolk, VA
How does this lip plumper compare to other cult favorites, such as the Too Faced or DuWop lip venom?
Jessica S.
I have been wondering for a while how this product is...I have seen many celebrities rate this on their Instagram and claiming it is the best Lip Plumper out there and I am wondering how well it plumps and if it is as good as they say...I usually use Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme and I'm wondering how it compares and if it really does plump your lips with more use and if it's as good as they say! I'm dying to try it, but I'm wondering how well it really works?
Angela C.
Niagara Falls, NY
I have really thin lips. Is this a good recommendation?
Laurie D.
Solon, OH
How does City Lips address smoker lines if it is a lip gloss?  BTW, I am not a smoker!!!