CitriStrip Stripping Gel

by Citristrip

PAINT & VARNISH STRIPPING GEL A powerful, industrial-strength remover. It is easy to use because it stays wet and active for up to 24 hours, allowing stripping of multiple layers in one step. It contains no methylene chloride, is non-caustic and is safe for indoor use. This special orange stripper has a pleasant citrus scent and is biodegradable. Use CITRISTRIP 's all-purpose stripping gel to remove multiple layers of latex and oil-based paint, varnish, lacquer, enamel, polyurethane, shellac, acrylics and epoxy from wood, metal and masonry surfaces. Works on wood, metal & masonry Removes multiple layers in 30 minutes or less Strips 38% more than traditional strippers Can be used indoors or outdoors Environmentally friendly Safer, contains no harmful methylene chloride Contains a bittering agent to prevent swallowing Orange Scented

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of CitriStrip Stripping Gel!
Stefani B.
Tucson, AZ
CitriStrip Stripping Gel uploaded by Stefani B.
It works great on wood and metal...stripped the metal down to the bare material with just one coat, my wood however took more than one and if you miss any it does leave behind a white haze...just have to make sure you get all of it cleaned up before it dries out....
Lancer S.
Spanish Fork
Citristrip USED to be the best paint/top coat remover I have ever used. I used it to remove about 5 layers of Polyurethane on my cabinets. It stripped off all layers with ease after about 45 minutes of leaving it on, I didn’t even cover it with plastic. It cleaned up better and cleaner than anything I ever used. HOWEVER, when I purchased a second bottle of the product, it ended up being the absolute worst product I have ever used. The product was not the same at all so I called the manufacturer to see what was going on. The manufacturer told me they changed the formula at the first of 2020. I don’t know why they go from the best product on the market to the absolutely worst product. I purchased 7 other paint remover products and Citristrip worked the worst out of all the products and tied for last of the worst to clean up. I went to about 15 different hardware stores to see if anyone still had the old formula of Citristrip. I found one bottle left of the old formula and it of course worked wonders. I thought removing the Polyurethane from my cabinets was going to be an easy thing to do after using their original formula but now it has turned into a pain in the butt. I can’t find anything that worked even close to as well as Citristrips original formula. I have been trying to leave a complaint on Citristrips website for the last month but they have removed the link to leave comments. My guess is they have received so many complaints about their new formula that they just don’t won’t to hear any more complaints. Definitely don’t your money on Citristrip because it does now work anymore!!!
CitriStrip Stripping Gel uploaded by Dew9735704813@Gmail.Com
I used this sparingly on my 1700 cottage windows, many decades of awful paint on my original windows; I gently used a thin layer with a fine paint brush and I couldn't believe how quickly it worked! The label didn't state whether I can use this on windows, so I gave it a try? To my amazement the old paint started coming off after only 15 minutes! I will post after photos when I'm finished! This is the before photo when I 1st applied a very thin coat!
Teri G.
Con:I wish it changed colors when it was ready or had some type of reaction. Pro: this worked very well on a set of dining room chairs. Easy to apply. Very low odor. The product says you can use indoors but I would not recommend due to the mess but the smell would not be strong if you did.
Becca D.
Picayune, MS
Home Sweet Home Expert Level 1
CitriStrip Stripping Gel uploaded by Becca D.
We were repairing in the family room, when we took nails down from fireplace, we realized there were multiple layers of paint on beautiful wood!! We used this #citristripstrippinggel to help remove layers of paint. Amazing!!
Tarryn M.
I used it twice and it hardly worked at all. Followed the instructions perfectly too! So disappointed, it had really good reviews too :(
Debra P.
First time paint stripper, researched before I started and found CitriStrip had fantastic reviews and covered more area for the cost compared with other strong chemically strippers. I made the purchase, then looked for 'how to' videos and was hugely disappointed to find a load of them that said, this product WAS fantastic until approx January 2020 when they changed the product and now it's totally useless. So I had to find out for myself :) I did test patches on a wooden dresser with one coat of white paint, and a cupboard door with six coats of white/red/purple paint and it's AWESOME! Easy as (except for the clean-up of course), does a fantastic job. With the cupboard door I may end up doing a second coat of it to get it completely back to clean wood, but I also hadn't followed the instructions re covering it to keep it moist. I had left product on both for 14 hours. Summary: Covers more area for my $, super easy to use, doesn't smell like strong chemical products and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase this product again.CitriStrip Stripping Gel

Looking for your answer?