Citibank uploaded by Umema H.

BY CITI BANK #6 in Banks

• Does anyone have the Citi Double Cash Card? How long was ...1 Answers
  • If a people not working just as influenster, could citiba...1 Answers
  • I've been thinking about building my credit and citi seem...5 Answers
Citibank
  • "Every year I tell them I'm not satisfied with the annual fee and every year they work with me to compensate me for my loyalty to their credit card." in 18 reviews
  • "The interest rate is high because it is a retail card but the incentives are great and the customer service is wonderful." in 6 reviews
Kristina K.
San Diego
I got this card to shop at Costco. They have incredible cash back on gas (4%), and 2% on all Costco purchases. It makes sense to apply for it anyway if you shop often at Costco (at least every 2 weeks). But it would really work great with the Executive Membership which gives you also 2% cash back. Using the card + this membership will give you 4% cash back on all Costco purchases! And the amount that you will get each year will pay for your yearly Executive Membership at Costco and maybe leave you with some cash on hand:) (again, if you shop a lot at Costco).
Bethany W.
Kent
This is a great credit card. They use finger print recognition to log into the app. From the app you can easily turn on and off your card if you think it is lost or stolen. If a transaction pings as a possible fraud alert they will text you immediately for you to respond about it. If it is a valid purchase you jus text back okay and they will unfreeze your card. Paying the bill is simple and the Costco rewards are nice. I’ve had nothing but a great experience with this company and this card.
Sarah V.
Bakersfield, CA
I have the Citibank Costco card, the best choice yet! Cash back on gas is the best and it’s just not gas at Costco it’s gas anywhere. I don’t have the best of credit still building up my credit, but have other credit cards, but have my credit history built and was able to get approved for 2k. I’ve read people being hesitant to apply because of them thinking they won’t be approved but it’s all about your history and ability to repay.
sandra N.
Los Angeles, CA
Poor customer service. I had an issue related to an ATM and i found tout that they had me running around from here to there for no reason. they had filed the wrong report and i was going to loose money for it . If i had waited for them to call me instead if calling everyday and checking everyone to do their jobs, i wouldn’t have gotten my $ back. They showed a lack of responsibility therefore my trust in them has been diminished
Carlee D.
Dallas, TX
I opened an American Airlines Citibank card so that I could earn airline points/miles. While it’s a good card that has allowed me to take a couple of free trips, there are some major issues with it. If I am making a purchase over $400 it is automatically declined and the card is frozen. This has never happened with any of my Visa credit cards so I have found myself using those more often, as it is quite embarrassing and inconvenient when you’re trying to buy something and have to get on the phone with your credit card company. Also, when abroad this card gets declined ALL the time. Despite several calls to Citibank prior to my overseas trips and even sharing the specific countries I will be in, I still have major issues. For small, everyday purchases it’s great- but I’ve found myself using other cards more for the reasons above.
Melanie S.
Miami Beach, FL
This is my bank! I love citibank! Their mobile app is great, convenient, and easy to use. I've had my card hacked a few times and they've always been very helpful and fast in returning my funds. I also like how they do have a lot of security and I can get updates on my bank account constantly. They have even called me several times asking if I have made a certain transaction! :) I will keep banking with citibank!
Adele L.
YUMA, AZ
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I have the CItibank credit card and I will never cancel it. The Customer Service is the best out of all of my other cards. Every person I speak to is positive and willing to help with your concern. The APR rate is reasonable but I have heard that some of them have an annual fee when applying. Read your terms and conditions before applying to see if it is the right card for you.
Hilda B.
I have the free AA Citibank Credit Card. The miles accrue slowly and expire without notice. In approximately 10 years, I have only been able to use the miles for a one-way short trip. I recently tried to book a flight using miles and found that I would only save $50 to buy the round trip than pay for a one-way ticket with miles. Very limited. The interest rate is not the best, either.
Sunali Y.
Sn Luis Obisp, CA
Great banking experience! Great customer service, and the mobile app makes it easy to make everything you do happen very fast and fuss free. They have a dispute charge feature if you don’t recognize a charge or if you are being charged for a subscription you no longer want. The reward/cash back programs are great too.
Maya S.
I have a personal credit card with Citibank. I used to have American Express. Honestly, it has been the best switch. While my APR is the same, the Citi app is so much easier to maintain and use! Everything is to the point and any payments show up immediately so you’re not confused about any remaining balance.
dezerie L.
Corbin, KY
Does anyone have problems with this bank?
Danielle M.
Fort Worth, TX
Has anyone ever had a good experience with this bank?
veronica m.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Who is banking with them
Caitlin J.
Las Cruces, NM
I've been thinking about building my credit and citi seems to be pretty widely advertised. Is it a good starter credit card company?
Victoria V.
Canoga Park, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
How's their customer service?