Cinder uploaded by Claire W.Cinder uploaded by Monica S.Cinder uploaded by Rebecca H.

BY UNKNOWN

A forbidden romance. A deadly plague. Earth's fate hinges on one girl. CINDER, a gifted mechanic in New Beijing, is also a cyborg. She's reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister's sudden illness. But when her life becomes entwined with the handsome Prince Kai's, she finds herself at the centre of a violent struggle between the desires of an evil queen - and a dangerous temptation. Cinder is caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal. Now she must uncover secrets about her mysterious past in order to protect Earth's future. This is not the fairytale you remember. But it's one you won't forget. see more...

• I've never read this and I was looking for something new!...1 Answers
  • Does anyone else think this series would make a great mov...2 Answers
  • I want to start this series, but I am not sure if I am go...1 Answers
Ashley M.
Hains City
I love this book and series!! Cinder is defiantly a mixture of syfy and dystopian. It takes place in the city of New Beijing. Are main character Cinder is not just a normal girl. Cinder is part cyborg. this book had lots of fun easter eggs referencing the original story. The story keeps getting better the more you read into the next books. I wasn't able to put them down.
Áine R.
This book was recommended to me by a former friend and I bought it at a Middle School Book Fair. I loved it and my mom did too. Meyer is extremely good at world-building and the characters are relatable and Iko is cute and likable. I would recommend.
Vicky E.
Davie, FL

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: #454545; min-height: 14.0px}
p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: #454545}

I think I had this novel in my possession a good few months before I finally got started on it and wow did I regret waiting so long. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the book and not just because I normally love retellings. I loved Cinder lovely because of how unique the point of view was. It took the skeleton idea of the fairy tale, orphaned girl with an evil step-mother and step-sister, and gave it a huge twist. I think in all the novel is like 2% Cinderella and 98% sci-fi, kick butt, plague ridden romance. Overall, I recommend the novel and series to anyone interested in embarking on an awesome science fiction adventure with great dialogue, romance, extensive detail to the surroundings and locations (which I love) and great character development
Pamela P.
Rochester, NY
Amazing book! I bought this because I wanted a book to read on a plane and i'm so glad I did. I really enjoy the spin on cinderella. It's not a cheesy or annoying spin off either but really clever. Its a futuristic tale where Cinder is part cyborg in a society that looks down on cyborgs but there's something special about her that you find out about at the end. I love that all the books of the series are connected too. Im on Scarlet right now (the 2nd one of the series) and there's still little bits of Cinder throughout the book. I can't wait to finish this one so I can read the next one.
Ali B.
Hillsboro, OR
“Cinder” by Marissa Meyer was amazing. Meyer definitely has a writing talent. I don’t think I will get bored with her books anytime soon. “Cinder” is a retelling of the classic tale of Cinderella. “Cinder” is about a cyborg named Cinder. Now this story takes place in a futuristic Beijing, China. This story is filled with so much technology. I love it. Prince Kai meets Cinder at a marketplace when he requests to have her fix his android. This story follows the typical process of Cinderella. It is so much better. I love the way that this retelling is told.

I think the characters in “Cinder” are amazing. I think the emotions and reactions to things are so perfect I fell in love with the characters right away. Cinder has to make so many choices in her life. You can tell that she makes her choices carefully. This novel was so fun to read because Cinder is such a great character. Cinder is compassionate and loving. What she tries to do for her step-sister Peony is cute and sweet. I am looking forward to the rest of her story.

I should have read “Cinder” a whole lot sooner than I did because I loved this story. Meyer really out did her self with the plot, story, and everything else. I think this brings a whole new unique view on fairy tales. Cinder lives in a society where there are androids and cyborgs. Since Cinder is a cyborg, people look at her like she is less than everyone else but really she is the only person that seems to respect everyone even if she doesn’t get that respect back.

Everything in Cinder’s life is about to be turned upside down. The Prince walks into her life and makes her feel topsy turvy. An evil queen wants her dead. Cinder may be the only person that is able to help with a cure. Her stop mother just wants to see her dead. The Lunar King has come to Earth to try to take over the new Beijing Kingdom. When she sees Cinder, she wants her head. Cinder learns so much about herself in this story than she could have ever expected. This story is so addicting.

I also listened to the audiobook and I have to say that the audiobook was absolutely fantastic. The narrator was so energetic and enticing. She painted the perfect picture for this novel. I think she was excellent and I loved listening to her. The way she made a voice for each character was great. I think because of her I felt way more attached to the story. I am looking forward to more to come.
Sofi G.
Bronx, NY
I teach fairytales as part of my literature curriculum and in my free time I’m a huge Sci-Fi fan and love urban fantasy. This book combines all of those. The plot is a bit dubious at times, but it’s a fun read and definitely a refreshing take on the genre.
Alex B.
St. Louis, MO
One of the best book series I have read in the last 5 years. *mild spoilers* Cinder is a scifi retelling of the classic story cinderella. Cinder is a cyborg living in the city of New Bejing and is completely under the thumb of her stepmother, because in Cinder's world, cyborgs are not afford the same rights as "natural" people. Cinder's world is full of danger, including the global epidemic of the deadly disease letumosis, and the looming the threat of war from Queen Levana, the powerful ruler of Luna who can control the minds of the masses, but it's an unexpected request from the Prince that puts Cinder on a path she never could have dreamed of.

This book was a quick, fun read that perfectly fuses the scifi world of Meyer's creation with a well known and beloved fairytale. The world building is a lot of fun but more importantly, it was really nice to see a young adult novel with a disabled female protagonist. Cinder is often made to feel less by other's because of it, but in the end learns to take her cybernetic parts as an important part of who she is and who she will need to become. All in all, I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys fairytale retellings.
Julie M.
My favorite book series. Or one of them. Marissa Meyer writes so so beautifully. The characters seem so real to me and the story was absolutely amazing and addicting. I sat up reading every night to finish this book.
Monica S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Great book! I have only read "Cinder" so far, but cannot wait to get my hands on the rest. Marissa Meyer does a fantastic job of keeping you hooked, but making it an easy, seamless read at the same time. Highly recommend!
Aimee M.
About a girl who lost all of her memories before the age of thirteen because of a horrifying accident she lost both parents in. Now cyborg living with her step mother who never wanted her. Cinder is the sole provider of the household income by being one of the best mechanics in New Beijing. Who knew she'd end up meeting Prince Kai while working at the market one day who seemed to need her help.From this point on this book just exploded with all kinds of twist that captivated my interest so well I finished this book in days. One of the best starter books of a series I've ever read. Definitely sets you up for the next book and a cliff hanger ending that killed me inside. Couldn't seem to put it down. Fell in love with characters. Felt a burning hatred for characters. Can't wait to see where this story continues to go. Fabulously twisted retelling of Cinderella.
Tina M.
I read this book quite a while ago and enjoyed it. I haven't had to chance to pick up books for the rest of the series yet. Are the books following the first one worth reading? Why or why not?
Chelsea K.
I'm thinking about reading this book next is it any good?
Jessica B.
Los Angeles. CA
Does anyone else think this series would make a great movie or tv show (given they are done well)?
Erica M.
I've never read this and I was looking for something new! Is this book any good? Is it a series?
Danielle R.
Freehold , NJ
I want to start this series, but I am not sure if I am going to like it. Is it good?