Ciaté London Liquid Velvet™ Moisturizing Matte Liquid Lipstick
A long-wearing and ultra-vibrant, moisturizing matte liquid lipstick formula. Liquid Velvet™ Matte Lip Slick combines highly-pigmented, gorgeous matte, long-wearing lip color with hyaluronic acid for its intense lip-conditioning benefits so that lips appear fuller, while feeling more supple and smooth. The creamy, non-drying lip formula is infused with Ciate London's proprietary blend of moisturizing PlushPigment™, and it features high-performance pigments that glide on to lips for bold color and extreme hold. The innovative precision tip effortlessly lines and fills in lips for perfect application. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalatessee more...
Top Questions See all 191 Q&A
- "This product is very close to jeffree star liquid lip stick but it lasts less than the jeffree one but it is not as drying as the jeffree one..... the color is good ...... definitely a buy..." in 221 reviews
- "This is my go-to liquid matte lipstick. Longevity - This is really long lasting. I can drink wine, eat gummy bears and chat the night away and not need a touch up for about 5 hours. Texture - This is a creamy texture that dries to a matte. Not tacky once it dries. Best of all, it doesn't dry out my lips like other liquid mattes do! Transfer - There is some transfer to your glass, but not enough to wear it off your lips. Applicator - It's a doe-foot type of applicator but is slightly flatter and gives a more precise line. " in 55 reviews
- "This is a great liquid lip. It goes on creamy and evenly. You don't need a lot of it either because it's so pigmented. It also adds a lot of moisture to your lips yet doesn't budge when you touch it. It's overall the best liquid lip I've used. " in 52 reviews
- "I absolutely love this product! It goes on so smooth and it wears soooo comfortable all day! Its super matte but moisturizing as well! Will absolutely buy again and I recommend it to EVERYONE!" in 47 reviews
- "I have the Ciate Liquid Velvet in Swoon. On my medium skin, it pulls more orange, which I love. Sleek Matte Me in Birthday Suit is an almost dupe for Swoon. Birthday Suit is just a tad more pink. I prefer the Ciate Liquid Velvet formula though. I would compare the formula to the Nyx Soft Matte Lip Creams, although it is much more pigmented than the SMLCs. I don't like SMLCs because I have pigmented lips, and they show through the lipstick, but with this, one coat is all I need. Doesn't dry out my lips either compared to more traditional liquid lipsticks that dry powdery. This dries on the lips, isn't tacky feeling, but doesn't give you that powdery finish, and therefore doesn't remove all the moisture from the lips. But on that same note, it also makes this lipstick less transfer proof, say, compared to KvD Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks, which is my HG liquid lipstick formula. Overall, I am happy I tried the Ciate Liquid Velvet and would love to try more shades soon, especially the shade Kiss Me Quick, which is a gorgeous baby pink." in 27 reviews
Let me put this in perspective. I've purchased over 100 high end lipsticks from Sephora alone in the last 18 months of all different types, brands, finishes and color.
I didn't wear lipstick before that although I have always been really into makeup and high end makeup in general.
My issue with lipstick is that it is heavy and it can travel, bleed and run as well as fade in really weird ways and not all uniformly. Basically lipstick can go really bad very quick. Even with 50 dollar lipsticks it can just not be a good outcome.
And when you're talking about matte lipsticks I think we all know how bad it can get. Scraggly lines from an unsteady hand or a weird applicator, weird fading where it looks like you're only wearing lip liner after a couple hours, it getting on your teeth and worst of all giving you that dry and wrinkly deep lined lip look that makes you look like you traded lips with a 2 centuries old mummy.
Its not a pretty sight.
So when I received a deluxe sample size of this I didn't have high hopes as many matte brands had dissapointed me in the past but boy was I wrong.
The very first thing I noticed was how it felt going on. It was thicker and creamer but it felt almost like warm velvet going over my lips. Then with a thin layer the color was so very opaque there would never be a need for a second coat. And best of all when it dried it dried quickly. So quickly I could touch my lips in 60 seconds and nothing would be on my hand.
This is where things get amazing and unique. We've all heard the claims "just like velvet" and "won't fade for 8 hours" and my personal favorite "won't sink into the lines on the lips". They were all true.
From the moment this dried it felt like a moisturizing lipstick that felt like your real lips. Like nothing was there. That was one of my favorite things. Then it really and truly did give that velvet look to the finish of the lipstick on the lips. They looked plump and pretty and also matte and pigmented.
With all the money I've spent since before I tried it and even still after I've purchased a few from the collection I've still never come across anything better.
Even lipsticks that are hyped up to offer the same thing like Lime Crime Liquid Lipstick and Jeffree Star liquid lipsticks have nothing on the velour and velvet look and lightness of the Ciate Liquid Velvet and no matter how good and how much of a decent lipstick they are they never will be.
The only thing I don't love is that the color selection is kind of small and there are lots of similar colors. Ive only ever seen them come out with a few new colors one time and I got in on that buy they need more.
Other than that there's absolutely no complaints. The packaging it comes in is super mod looking and I love that. The actual bottle and cap are minimalistic but still pretty. Whats inside the bottle is always true to what shows up on your lips. The applicator is perfectly sized to give a super clean look without too much or too little product. I love it.
It shocks me every time I look at the price. I think its one of the cheapest lipsticks Sephora carries and even though I've owned the most expensive and everything in between this is still my all time favorite. Ive been using it for a while now and it's always going to be my go to and will always stand out in my huge makeup collection.
If youve never taken a recommendation before take one now. Go and try this lipstick. You will thank me for it.
The color payoff is amazing and it’s not like a lot of products where you need to build it up on your lips, one swipe - maybe two and you are good to go!
It goes on easy and it’s applicator is like most liquid lipstick applicators. It goes on smooth and is definitely hydrating to your lips. You don’t need to apply anything prior to this - including lip balms or chapsticks because it is very moisturizing, even though it dries matte.
It’s very comfortable to wear and transfer proof. Need I say anything else?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos