BY CIATÉ LONDON

A long-wearing and ultra-vibrant, moisturizing matte liquid lipstick formula. Liquid Velvet™ Matte Lip Slick combines highly-pigmented, gorgeous matte, long-wearing lip color with hyaluronic acid for its intense lip-conditioning benefits so that lips appear fuller, while feeling more supple and smooth. The creamy, non-drying lip formula is infused with Ciate London's proprietary blend of moisturizing PlushPigment™, and it features high-performance pigments that glide on to lips for bold color and extreme hold. The innovative precision tip effortlessly lines and fills in lips for perfect application. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates

• What are One of the products in your makeup collection th...1 Answers
  • Is this really good ?2 Answers
  • Does this stain your lips? Last all day?3 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "This product is very close to jeffree star liquid lip stick but it lasts less than the jeffree one but it is not as drying as the jeffree one..... the color is good ...... definitely a buy..." in 221 reviews
  • "This is my go-to liquid matte lipstick. Longevity - This is really long lasting. I can drink wine, eat gummy bears and chat the night away and not need a touch up for about 5 hours. Texture - This is a creamy texture that dries to a matte. Not tacky once it dries. Best of all, it doesn't dry out my lips like other liquid mattes do! Transfer - There is some transfer to your glass, but not enough to wear it off your lips. Applicator - It's a doe-foot type of applicator but is slightly flatter and gives a more precise line. " in 55 reviews
  • "This is a great liquid lip. It goes on creamy and evenly. You don't need a lot of it either because it's so pigmented. It also adds a lot of moisture to your lips yet doesn't budge when you touch it. It's overall the best liquid lip I've used. " in 52 reviews
  • "I absolutely love this product! It goes on so smooth and it wears soooo comfortable all day! Its super matte but moisturizing as well! Will absolutely buy again and I recommend it to EVERYONE!" in 47 reviews
  • "I have the Ciate Liquid Velvet in Swoon. On my medium skin, it pulls more orange, which I love. Sleek Matte Me in Birthday Suit is an almost dupe for Swoon. Birthday Suit is just a tad more pink. I prefer the Ciate Liquid Velvet formula though. I would compare the formula to the Nyx Soft Matte Lip Creams, although it is much more pigmented than the SMLCs. I don't like SMLCs because I have pigmented lips, and they show through the lipstick, but with this, one coat is all I need. Doesn't dry out my lips either compared to more traditional liquid lipsticks that dry powdery. This dries on the lips, isn't tacky feeling, but doesn't give you that powdery finish, and therefore doesn't remove all the moisture from the lips. But on that same note, it also makes this lipstick less transfer proof, say, compared to KvD Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks, which is my HG liquid lipstick formula. Overall, I am happy I tried the Ciate Liquid Velvet and would love to try more shades soon, especially the shade Kiss Me Quick, which is a gorgeous baby pink." in 27 reviews
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Review for: Wonderland, Pin Up, Other more...
I can't believe I haven't reviewed this sooner. I guess I kind of did with one of the new colors specifically but as an entire collection out of any lipstick I've ever tried this is the one that deserves praise and a raving review.
Let me put this in perspective. I've purchased over 100 high end lipsticks from Sephora alone in the last 18 months of all different types, brands, finishes and color.
I didn't wear lipstick before that although I have always been really into makeup and high end makeup in general.
My issue with lipstick is that it is heavy and it can travel, bleed and run as well as fade in really weird ways and not all uniformly. Basically lipstick can go really bad very quick. Even with 50 dollar lipsticks it can just not be a good outcome.
And when you're talking about matte lipsticks I think we all know how bad it can get. Scraggly lines from an unsteady hand or a weird applicator, weird fading where it looks like you're only wearing lip liner after a couple hours, it getting on your teeth and worst of all giving you that dry and wrinkly deep lined lip look that makes you look like you traded lips with a 2 centuries old mummy.
Its not a pretty sight.
So when I received a deluxe sample size of this I didn't have high hopes as many matte brands had dissapointed me in the past but boy was I wrong.
The very first thing I noticed was how it felt going on. It was thicker and creamer but it felt almost like warm velvet going over my lips. Then with a thin layer the color was so very opaque there would never be a need for a second coat. And best of all when it dried it dried quickly. So quickly I could touch my lips in 60 seconds and nothing would be on my hand.
This is where things get amazing and unique. We've all heard the claims "just like velvet" and "won't fade for 8 hours" and my personal favorite "won't sink into the lines on the lips". They were all true.
From the moment this dried it felt like a moisturizing lipstick that felt like your real lips. Like nothing was there. That was one of my favorite things. Then it really and truly did give that velvet look to the finish of the lipstick on the lips. They looked plump and pretty and also matte and pigmented.
With all the money I've spent since before I tried it and even still after I've purchased a few from the collection I've still never come across anything better.
Even lipsticks that are hyped up to offer the same thing like Lime Crime Liquid Lipstick and Jeffree Star liquid lipsticks have nothing on the velour and velvet look and lightness of the Ciate Liquid Velvet and no matter how good and how much of a decent lipstick they are they never will be.
The only thing I don't love is that the color selection is kind of small and there are lots of similar colors. Ive only ever seen them come out with a few new colors one time and I got in on that buy they need more.
Other than that there's absolutely no complaints. The packaging it comes in is super mod looking and I love that. The actual bottle and cap are minimalistic but still pretty. Whats inside the bottle is always true to what shows up on your lips. The applicator is perfectly sized to give a super clean look without too much or too little product. I love it.
It shocks me every time I look at the price. I think its one of the cheapest lipsticks Sephora carries and even though I've owned the most expensive and everything in between this is still my all time favorite. Ive been using it for a while now and it's always going to be my go to and will always stand out in my huge makeup collection.
If youve never taken a recommendation before take one now. Go and try this lipstick. You will thank me for it.
Nicole K.
Review for: Diva more...
Ciaté London Liquid Velvet™ - Moisturizing Matte Liquid Lipstick in DIVA
$19 @sephora
This liquid lipstick is legit! Diva is a beautiful true red. Bold and rich. Unlike many matte liquid lipsticks this formula is creamy, moisturizing–never dry. I can rub my lips together. My lips never look ashy or cracked. Highly-pigmented–so rich and intense. I wore this a full workday without primer or lip liner and it lasted through coffee (with a straw) and lunch. By the end of the workday, it was fading but my lips looked slightly stained. Day two I wore over a matte red lipliner and still had good results with staying power. Let's just say I'm happy and impressed with Ciaté London Liquid Velvet - Moisturizing Matte Liquid Lipstick in DIVA red. Living up to their Pretty, Fun, and Fearless’ ethos. Get ready to look like a boss.

Bonus: Paraben-free, Vegan-Friendly, Gluten-free
Precision tip for easy outlining.
Brandi S.
Review for: Bitter Sweet more...
This is one of a few liquid lipsticks in my collection that doesn't dry my lips out. It's very creamy and moisturizing! It's also a perfect nude for women of color because it's not too pink to where our lips would look ashy. I was given this full size lipgloss in a sample nude lips box from Sephora! It retails for about $19 which isn't usually the price range I shop in however this liquid lipstick makes it easy to splurge a little. It's very pigmented and dries down to a demi-matte finish.
Janeigne N.
Review for: Gossip more...
I love this formula on this liquid lipstick it does not dry my lips out. It is very long-lasting and met all of my expectations. It has very nice packaging that I enjoy I love that I’m usual applicator it covers my lips perfectly in one swipe application. I purchased mine on Sephora for about $18 I highly recommend and I love their shade range!
Jordan G.
Ishpeming , MI
Review for: Smitten/Rose Pink more...
I purchased Smitten because the description online said it was a "rose pink." However, when I received it - this product looked nothing like the picture or description. When I applied it to the lips it was basically a salmon pink color. The description on the actual packaging it comes in is more accurate. The quality is pretty good so I'm not returning it, but I probably won't purchase this color again. I recommend going into the store to try this color out at least!
Melissa G.
West Jordan, UT
I have the color Envy. It is a deep teal but I have had issues with it smearing on warmer days. I love the color but the formula is not the best. This is the only makeup product I have tried from Ciate. I saw this color amd I immediately fell in love. I have a couple of their nail polishes and they are really pretty.
Jesenia E.
Panorama City, CA
Review for: Pin Up more...
I fell in love with this liquid lipstick!!! The packaging is super cute and clean. I have used this a previous time with a virtual campaign but I have enjoyed this since then. I have recommended it to all of my friends and people whom complimented me when I was wearing it.
april n.
Forest Lake, MN
Review for: Diva more...
This lippie is absolutely GORGEOUS. It is the perfect red shade for anytime - especially now since Christmas and New Years is right around the corner!

The color payoff is amazing and it’s not like a lot of products where you need to build it up on your lips, one swipe - maybe two and you are good to go!

It goes on easy and it’s applicator is like most liquid lipstick applicators. It goes on smooth and is definitely hydrating to your lips. You don’t need to apply anything prior to this - including lip balms or chapsticks because it is very moisturizing, even though it dries matte.

It’s very comfortable to wear and transfer proof. Need I say anything else?
Danielle B.
Lake ozark, MO
Review for: Pin Up more...
I got this in my Sephora play box. I really like the color and it is staying on really well. I’m not sure that I would pay 19.00 for it if I did not get it for free. There is just a light transfer onto my cup but over all it is staying on pretty nice. I would recommend giving it a shot
Katelyn D.
United States
Review for: Pin Up more...
I LOVE, LOVE this product. The shade is the perfect berry color. It's vibrant without being too loud. It has a smooth texture. It is the slightest bit drying but you can easily counter that by putting on lip balm or chapstick before this lip color, and it won't lose any of its matte finish. It's not a long wear, but honestly the benefits out weigh that.
Alecia K.
Osceola, IA
How are these liquid lipsticks? What are the pros and cons?
Mahak M.
Redmond, WA
Is it transfer proof? Does it crumble or flake off?
Alecia K.
Osceola, IA
Are these comfortable wearing?
Chase C.
washington dc
How good is this compared to other mattes? (Jeffree star, colourpop, ect)
Cynthia Z.
Does the color stay or does it come off easily?