BY CHRISTOPHER NOLAN

Visionary filmmaker Christopher Nolan's sequel to the highly successful "Batman Begins," sees Batman (Christian Bale) as he raises the stakes in his war on crime. With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon (Gary Oldman) and District Attorney Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart), Batman sets out to dismantle the remaining criminal organizations that plague the city streets. The partnership proves to be effective, but they soon find themselves prey to a reign of chaos unleashed by a rising criminal mastermind known to the terrified citizens of Gotham as 'The Joker'(Heath Ledger). see more...

Christopher Nolan The Dark Knight
  • "This was my favorite Batman movie ever made.. Heath Ledger as the joker was genius and it had the right amount of action and drama" in 13 reviews
  • "This movie is by far one of my favorite movies I have in my collection." in 5 reviews
Samantha M.
Good movie. Batman will always be a winner for the silver screen & families everywhere. We loved this movie & so did our oldest son.
Nicole H.
Postville, IA
I love this movie. It is my favorite Batman movie of all time. The acting, the plot. It is wonderful and will always be in my top 10.
Jessica M.
Martinsville , VA
Kim O.
Yonkers, NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is much better than the Michael Keaton etc Bat man movies.
Does every movie that Christopher Nolan touches turn to gold?
Charlotte M.
Sherman Oaks, CA
Great movie, all the action that you could ever want and very well done. I have seen it a few times and it doesn't get old.
Kaylea A.
Amazing film. Nolan did a wonderful job. The actors were perfect and any part with Heath Ledger as the Joker was my favorite.
Heidi S.
Webster, TX
This movie is by far one of my favorite movies I have in my collection. I bought this movie the day it came out I love it!
Anileydis C.
La mejor pelicula de Batman, con el mejor personaje del Joker, es una de las mejores presentaciones que tiene el personaje.
Keri S.
Monroeville, PA
Christian Bale and Heath Ledger are absolutely amazing in this movie. So much passion for their characters. Great movie.
Samantha S.
Table Rock , NE
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
This is the best Batman movie! I can watch it over and over again. No other Joker will ever be as good as Heath Ledger's.
Alyssa H.
St Petersburg, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Wasn't this one of the best ones made?!I sure think so!
Kaitlyn S.
Lakeland, FL
What were some of your favorite parts in this movie?
Melissa L.
Toronto, ON
When they're transferring Harvey to the jail, that whole driving and fighting scene always keeps me on edge! So many good moments though!
Michelle T.
Sacramento, CA
Favorite heath ledger movie ?
McCall V.
Nashville, TN
This isn't a question, just fact that this is the best movie ever