BY CHRISTOPHER NOLAN

Visionary filmmaker Christopher Nolan's sequel to the highly successful "Batman Begins," sees Batman (Christian Bale) as he raises the stakes in his war on crime. With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon (Gary Oldman) and District Attorney Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart), Batman sets out to dismantle the remaining criminal organizations that plague the city streets. The partnership proves to be effective, but they soon find themselves prey to a reign of chaos unleashed by a rising criminal mastermind known to the terrified citizens of Gotham as 'The Joker'(Heath Ledger). see more...

Christopher Nolan The Dark Knight
  • "This was my favorite Batman movie ever made.. Heath Ledger as the joker was genius and it had the right amount of action and drama" in 13 reviews
  • "This movie is by far one of my favorite movies I have in my collection." in 5 reviews
Aisha A.
Jackson Hts, NY
Best batman movie ever. Absolutely epics watched it multiple times and the joker cannot be beat. Heath ledger gave his life and soul to his role.
Julie J.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I love this batman movie. Great cast and a better understanding of Bruce Wayne. Also great music and learning more about Bruce and his demons.
Amber R.
Palmerton, PA
Great movie! I am a huge batman fan and Christian Bale is an amazing actor! I highly recommend this movie! Especially for comic book lovers!
Meagan M.
This is by far my favorite Batman movie! It has a wonderful cast and is absolutely phenomenal! Heath Ledger's role as the Joker was perfect!
Rachel J.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
By far the best out of the trilogy! Heath Ledger's acting is spectacular. I would recommend this to anyone who likes action/thriller movies.
Brianna S.
South Gate, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love this movie! Batman was played so well by chris and don't even get my started on how well heath played joker! He will always be missed
Jessica G.
Philadelphia, PA
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
Superb film. My personal favorite of the three from Christopher Nolan. The performances are amazing, especially the late Heath Ledger.
Janet M.
Norcross, GA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Great movie and shows how to overcome your fears and instead of feeling revenge and anger you should turn that into help and positivity
Nicole H.
Postville, IA
I love this movie. It is my favorite Batman movie of all time. The acting, the plot. It is wonderful and will always be in my top 10.
Cindy T.
I'm a big fan of Batman and this movie is brilliant. I've watched it countless times and I still get goosebumps. SUCH a good movie.
Alyssa H.
St Petersburg, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Wasn't this one of the best ones made?!I sure think so!
Kaitlyn S.
Lakeland, FL
What were some of your favorite parts in this movie?
Melissa L.
Toronto, ON
When they're transferring Harvey to the jail, that whole driving and fighting scene always keeps me on edge! So many good moments though!
Michelle T.
Sacramento, CA
Favorite heath ledger movie ?
McCall V.
Nashville, TN
This isn't a question, just fact that this is the best movie ever