BY CHRISTOPHER NOLAN

Visionary filmmaker Christopher Nolan's sequel to the highly successful "Batman Begins," sees Batman (Christian Bale) as he raises the stakes in his war on crime. With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon (Gary Oldman) and District Attorney Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart), Batman sets out to dismantle the remaining criminal organizations that plague the city streets. The partnership proves to be effective, but they soon find themselves prey to a reign of chaos unleashed by a rising criminal mastermind known to the terrified citizens of Gotham as 'The Joker'(Heath Ledger). see more...

Christopher Nolan The Dark Knight
  • "This was my favorite Batman movie ever made.. Heath Ledger as the joker was genius and it had the right amount of action and drama" in 13 reviews
  • "This movie is by far one of my favorite movies I have in my collection." in 5 reviews
Angela B.
Wimberley, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
One of my favorite Batman movies . Heath Ledger as the Joker is amazing . He did an amazing job . Great acting by all the cast . The soundtrack was good too .
Stephanie W.
Idaho Falls, ID
Seriously, one of my all time favorite movies. This one was made so well and I like how they kept Batman more mysterious and darker. Just like the comic books!
Andrea K.
West Bloomfield, MI
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The thing I love about this movie is that Heath Ledger KILLS it as the joker. By far my favorite Batman movie yet!! Christian Bale played such a great batman,
Jodi R.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This movie is amazing. Every actor in this movie captivates you, especially The Joker. Most of all though, I love the symbolism that Christopher Nolan uses.
Mira P.
Streamwood, IL
Love, love, LOVE this movie! I am such a huge fan of Nolan's Batman trilogy, but I must say this one was my favorite of the three. Does not disappoint!
Amy P.
Oxford, IA
Though not quite as good as Batman Begins, this movie was quite solid, and you aren't going to walk away without being impacted by Heath Ledger's Joker.
Saya A.
Orlando, FL
Sucha great movie! The actors were chosen perfectly for this film. I've bought this DVD because it is that good and I want to watch it all of the time.
Tina A.
Lake Elsinore, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Forever my favorite batman series, I can watch this over and over again followed by the dark knight rises. Defiantly missing Christian bale as batman!
Maria S.
This movie went above and beyond! I loved it! I am missing The Joker but they did a completely awesome job with this title! *deep voice* I am Batman!
Autumn F.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
The dark knight is my most favorite batman movie of all time. Heath ledger plays the best joker. I actually have the trilogy that I got from Walmart.
Alyssa H.
St Petersburg, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Wasn't this one of the best ones made?!I sure think so!
Kaitlyn S.
Lakeland, FL
What were some of your favorite parts in this movie?
Melissa L.
Toronto, ON
When they're transferring Harvey to the jail, that whole driving and fighting scene always keeps me on edge! So many good moments though!
Michelle T.
Sacramento, CA
Favorite heath ledger movie ?
McCall V.
Nashville, TN
This isn't a question, just fact that this is the best movie ever