BY CHRISTOPHER NOLAN

Visionary filmmaker Christopher Nolan's sequel to the highly successful "Batman Begins," sees Batman (Christian Bale) as he raises the stakes in his war on crime. With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon (Gary Oldman) and District Attorney Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart), Batman sets out to dismantle the remaining criminal organizations that plague the city streets. The partnership proves to be effective, but they soon find themselves prey to a reign of chaos unleashed by a rising criminal mastermind known to the terrified citizens of Gotham as 'The Joker'(Heath Ledger). see more...

Christopher Nolan The Dark Knight
  • "This was my favorite Batman movie ever made.. Heath Ledger as the joker was genius and it had the right amount of action and drama" in 13 reviews
  • "This movie is by far one of my favorite movies I have in my collection." in 5 reviews
Aly C.
Seattle, WA
I love these batman movies so much! I am bummed they added Robin because then Christian Bale, bail (hahaha). Makes me sad because he was such a good batman and I loved these three movies!
Chelsea D.
Norfolk, VA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Fantastic movie! heath ledger is great as the joker and christian bale is the perfect batman. entertaining from start to end. this is a movie that's easy to watch again and again.
Cynthia M.
Los Angeles , Ca
Love this movie its amazing, from the actors to the costumes its just AMAZING! the lighting and the camera angles really add a lot to the film its one of the best batman movies
Lauren G.
White Oak, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
The very first batsman movie I own! Love any movies about superheroes such as superman, batsman, flash, etc! Cannot wait for more coming in 2017 and 2018! So many DC and Mav!!
Anaissa G.
Any Batman film is a good film. Loved Heath Ledgers role as the Joker. If you like action films that incorporate wit and humor very subtly, I would recommend this film.
Melissa S.
Calexico, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I saw this movie when it first came out in theatres. Dark Night definitely did not disappoint but every time I watch it I get a bit sad that Heath ledger is gone.
Moira G.
Hammond, IN
The suspense of this movie was intense but Heath Ledger was an incredible Joker and he played the part beautifully. It's a long movie but worth sitting down and watching the movie no distractions
Samantha S.
North Muskegon, MI
Amazing movie! I had never really been into the super hero movies, but this movie was super thrilling and kept me wanting more. It is a movie that I would personally go out and purchase
Marisol M.
Fresno, CA
This is the kind of movie you can watch over & over & over and never get tired of it. I bought this movie and randomly watch it when I wanna watch a good movie. Amazing.
Stephanie D.
Hudson, MA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I loved this Batman. Heath ledger was and will for ever be my favorite joker. The acting was fantastic and play full at the same time. All in all a great movie.
Alyssa H.
St Petersburg, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Wasn't this one of the best ones made?!I sure think so!
Kaitlyn S.
Lakeland, FL
What were some of your favorite parts in this movie?
Melissa L.
Toronto, ON
When they're transferring Harvey to the jail, that whole driving and fighting scene always keeps me on edge! So many good moments though!
Michelle T.
Sacramento, CA
Favorite heath ledger movie ?
McCall V.
Nashville, TN
This isn't a question, just fact that this is the best movie ever