BY CHRISTOPHER NOLAN

Visionary filmmaker Christopher Nolan's sequel to the highly successful "Batman Begins," sees Batman (Christian Bale) as he raises the stakes in his war on crime. With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon (Gary Oldman) and District Attorney Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart), Batman sets out to dismantle the remaining criminal organizations that plague the city streets. The partnership proves to be effective, but they soon find themselves prey to a reign of chaos unleashed by a rising criminal mastermind known to the terrified citizens of Gotham as 'The Joker'(Heath Ledger). see more...

Christopher Nolan The Dark Knight
  • "This was my favorite Batman movie ever made.. Heath Ledger as the joker was genius and it had the right amount of action and drama" in 13 reviews
  • "This movie is by far one of my favorite movies I have in my collection." in 5 reviews
Angelique L.
Honolulu, HI
Heath Ledger MADE this movie, everything beyond the Joker in this movie was terrible. He carried the entire thing on his shoulders and I love him for making me want to watch it again and again. I hate everything about this series BUT this movie, it's the exception to the rule.
Alyssa S.
El Paso, TX
OH MY GOSH! This has to be my favorite movie of all time! I absolutely love the way heath ledger portrayed the joker. I don't think anyone else will ever be able to play him any better than Heath did
Jake W.
Louisville, KY
The Dark Knight is the best Batman movie ever made! Christian Bale truly brings Batman to life. Nolan is my favorite director. If Batman were a real person, I truly feel it would play out like this movie. It’s too real. I love the soundtrack is amazing. I listen to it all the time!
Zuleyma D.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
By far the best batman movie ever !!! Love how the story starts and ends.HEATH LEDGERS acting was the best j have ever seen its like he was the joker this role we made for him .
Anastasia M.
One of the best superhero movies ever made, hands-down. 'The Dark Knight' has amazing acting, especially from the late Heath Ledger, and the plot overall is really interesting. It's one of my favorite movies and I love re-watching it.
Rebecca A.
Champaign, IL
Christopher Nolan has officially made a blockbuster hit for the ages. This movie is ridiculously amazing and entertaining. The sense of thrill that you get watching it doesn't get old, even if you've seen it 4 times.
Angela H.
San Leandro, CA
Um, seriously, does Batman GET any better? Talk about riveting! This film keeps you glued to the seat from the word "go" with the dramatic bank robbery. It's just a great, gripping film that doesn't get any better.
amanda a.
Umm can I like give this a A+++++++++ this is my favorite movie. I've literally watched it 50+ times. this movie brought my love of Batman back to obsession level. Heath ledger did such an amazing job.
Stephanie W.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I love this movie and so does my fiancée. Whenever it comes on television, we end up turning to it at some point. It is very long but well done and Heath Ledger's Joker is epic!
Lauren V.
Great Movie! The casting was great, and the story was gripping, suspenseful, and had you on the edge. One of my favorite movies of all time. I have never met anyone who disliked this movie!
Alyssa H.
Tampa, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Wasn't this one of the best ones made?!I sure think so!
Kaitlyn S.
LAKELAND, FL
What were some of your favorite parts in this movie?
Melissa L.
Burlington, ON
When they're transferring Harvey to the jail, that whole driving and fighting scene always keeps me on edge! So many good moments though!
Michelle T.
Sacramento, CA
Favorite heath ledger movie ?
McCall V.
Nashville, TN
This isn't a question, just fact that this is the best movie ever