BY CHRISTOPHER NOLAN

Visionary filmmaker Christopher Nolan's sequel to the highly successful "Batman Begins," sees Batman (Christian Bale) as he raises the stakes in his war on crime. With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon (Gary Oldman) and District Attorney Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart), Batman sets out to dismantle the remaining criminal organizations that plague the city streets. The partnership proves to be effective, but they soon find themselves prey to a reign of chaos unleashed by a rising criminal mastermind known to the terrified citizens of Gotham as 'The Joker'(Heath Ledger). see more...

Christopher Nolan The Dark Knight
  • "This was my favorite Batman movie ever made.. Heath Ledger as the joker was genius and it had the right amount of action and drama" in 13 reviews
  • "This movie is by far one of my favorite movies I have in my collection." in 5 reviews
Kaitlyn B.
Incredible movie! Not your typical cheesy super hero movie. The script, the storyline, the cast , everything just comes together in the most action packed movie. Highly recommend. Watched it several times in theater and several times on dvd.
Mey S.
Elk Grove, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Love this movie! Christian Bale did such a great job playing the role of Bateman! And typically I don't think he's cute but in the movie he was so sexy! The action in it was awesome. And Heath Ledger played a great Joker in this one.
Yashira O.
Orlando, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
This is a really really good movie so good that I had to buy the package! It my favorite movie of all times from Batman the actor live the movie and there acting is incredible I watch this movie all the time. I recommend you do as well
Paloma M.
My favorite super hero, he is not exactly a super hero in the full extent of the word. It is an anti-hero who helps good people when they need it. Batman likes me because he used his suffering to lose his parents to fight against the ones they do to others. He is a dark character who fights against his demons and against his destiny. Gotham is very close to him, a city full of corrupt and mafia who cares only for themselves. Ledger was able to capture the essence of this insane man who in the style of Saw takes people to the limit to show their side Bad and unethical. I hope you see this movie, it's too good.
Ali Y.
This is on my top ten list of favorite movies of all time. Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Aaron Eckhart and Morgan Freeman make this movie one of the best. I prefer it to all other Batman movies. The Joker cannot be beat.
Lizett J.
Clovis, NM
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This has got to be the best Batman movie ever. The performance of Heath Ledger as The Joker will leave you with a respect for the actor and sadness of what his career might have become if he was still here with us.
Emperatriz R.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
10 estrellas debería darle, Excelente película, ameeeee esta nueva versión de Christopher Nolan, excelente!!! Genial, ame a Batman por Christian Bale, genial actuación y qué decir del Jocker MAGISTRAL!!!!! La recomiendo
Kelli C.
Dallas, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I'm not a huge Batman fan (I have seen them all though) but I went to see this because it was Heath Ledgers last role as the joker before he died & I was pleasantly surprised. It kept my attention & I enjoyed it!
Jasmin R.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
This movie is totally awesome. Christopher Nolan can do no wrong. Christian Bale and Heath Ledger are phenomenal and amazing in this movie. Great action movie and I am typically very picky with my action movies.
Danesha M.
Centralia, WA
This is probably my favorite Batman movie..I love christan bale in it, he plays the part really well. Great plot lines and the mix of storyline and action is good. Wish he has stayed in the batman role!
Alyssa H.
St Petersburg, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Wasn't this one of the best ones made?!I sure think so!
Kaitlyn S.
Lakeland, FL
What were some of your favorite parts in this movie?
Melissa L.
Toronto, ON
When they're transferring Harvey to the jail, that whole driving and fighting scene always keeps me on edge! So many good moments though!
Michelle T.
Sacramento, CA
Favorite heath ledger movie ?
McCall V.
Nashville, TN
This isn't a question, just fact that this is the best movie ever