BY CHRISTOPHER NOLAN

Visionary filmmaker Christopher Nolan's sequel to the highly successful "Batman Begins," sees Batman (Christian Bale) as he raises the stakes in his war on crime. With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon (Gary Oldman) and District Attorney Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart), Batman sets out to dismantle the remaining criminal organizations that plague the city streets. The partnership proves to be effective, but they soon find themselves prey to a reign of chaos unleashed by a rising criminal mastermind known to the terrified citizens of Gotham as 'The Joker'(Heath Ledger). see more...

Christopher Nolan The Dark Knight
  • "This was my favorite Batman movie ever made.. Heath Ledger as the joker was genius and it had the right amount of action and drama" in 13 reviews
  • "This movie is by far one of my favorite movies I have in my collection." in 5 reviews
Adriana M.
Winters, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I absolutely love Batman, and dark Knight is by far my favorite Batman movie.
d m.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Great story line, loved this trilogy. Was one of the best batman series made.
Erin N.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Such a good action packed movie! Doesn't get boring and keeps you interested
Niobe S.
Para mi es una de las mejores películas de Batman, con el mejor Joker de la historia!!! Heath Leger interpreto un papel ESTELAR!! mi escena favorita es cuando el explota el hospital ( resulta ser una escena totalmente improvisada) y sin duda alguna la serie de batman con Cristian Bale sera las mejores y difícil de reemplazar
Sabrina S.
Kelowna, BC
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I did not love this movie. I do like the Batman universe and although the acting was fantastic and the cinematography was great, this was a really dark movie. Christopher Nolan admittedly did a great job with casting and directing but I still can't give this movie a 5-star rating.
Poonam S.
This movie was just epic. Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker is something no one can ever come close to. Everything about this movie was absolutely perfect, recommend watching this again and again!
Melissa L.
Toronto , ON
I love action movies & this has to be one of my favorites. I can't even count how many times I have seen this movie. Some parts still keep me on edge. So good!
Holly M.
Amazing cast, amazing editing, amazing effects. Batman is an amazing franchise anyway, full stop, and this movie doesn't disappoint the fans. The acting is spot on and the storyline is captivating.
Jalisa L.
Chatham, ON
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Superhero fanatic here. My favorite rendition of the Batman. Christopher Nolan did an awesome job. I have this on dvd, so i get to watch it over and over again.
Monica T.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
First I want to say Best Joker ever, Heath Ledger is why I love this movie and it general it was good but Ledger make it great (for me)
Alyssa H.
Tampa, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Wasn't this one of the best ones made?!I sure think so!
Kaitlyn S.
Lakeland, FL
What were some of your favorite parts in this movie?
Melissa L.
Toronto , ON
When they're transferring Harvey to the jail, that whole driving and fighting scene always keeps me on edge! So many good moments though!
Michelle T.
Sacramento, CA
Favorite heath ledger movie ?
McCall V.
Nashville, TN
This isn't a question, just fact that this is the best movie ever