Christopher Nolan The Dark Knight

Visionary filmmaker Christopher Nolan's sequel to the highly successful "Batman Begins," sees Batman (Christian Bale) as he raises the stakes in his war on crime. With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon (Gary Oldman) and District Attorney Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart), Batman sets out to dismantle the remaining criminal organizations that plague the city streets. The partnership proves to be effective, but they soon find themselves prey to a reign of chaos unleashed by a rising criminal mastermind known to the terrified citizens of Gotham as 'The Joker'(Heath Ledger). see more...

Christopher Nolan The Dark Knight
  • "This was my favorite Batman movie ever made.. Heath Ledger as the joker was genius and it had the right amount of action and drama" in 13 reviews
  • "This movie is by far one of my favorite movies I have in my collection." in 5 reviews
Nicole R.
Bowling Green, KY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
One of the best performances Health Ledger ever had before he passed away! RIP. Health’s Joker was the best I have ever watched, he didn’t seem like he was acting anymore. He was a method actor so the whole time he was filming ,he was in character that means even during breaks and off time.

This movie goes down in history because of his acting performance! WATCH IT!
Jake W.
Louisville, KY
The Dark Knight is the best Batman movie ever made! Christian Bale truly brings Batman to life. Nolan is my favorite director. If Batman were a real person, I truly feel it would play out like this movie. It’s too real. I love the soundtrack is amazing. I listen to it all the time!
Lindsey L.
OH MY GOODNESS.  This is definitely one of my favorite movies of all time.  The soundtrack is amazing, the acting is spot on, and the story line is very captivating.  Heath Ledger was so amazing in the movie, and honestly made me love the Joker.  I will watch again and again.
Anna P.
This is one of my favorite movies of all time. Heath Ledger is absolutely amazing as the Joker and he brings so much character and enjoyment to the film. Although this movie is darker than other superhero films, you should totally watch it if you're into Batman.
Rebecca F.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
The best comic book movie there is and probably ever will be! Dark, complex, and intriguing with the most iconic Joker! Heath Ledger, RIP plays the role of a lifetime living behind a legacy. The plot and character interactions leave a film that even non-geeky viewers will enjoy. It works as a thrilling, suspenseful action film.
Tiffany P.
Jonesboro, GA
Watching this was bitter sweet. Heath Ledger did an amazing job, but in the back of your mind you knew he was dead and really wouldn't get all the recognition for his performance that he deserved. I also was rooting for him more than Batman. I don't know why, because I love batman in the previous movie and Dark Knight rises. Heath Ledger's performance was just that amazing I guess.
Elide M.
Long Beach, CA
My favorite Batman movie ever! Christopher Nolan knew what he was doing such an amazing work with this movie. Love the actors as well going to miss Christian Bale as batman and Heath Leadger did an amazing job as well! You must watch it full of a lot of action.
Erin C.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Without a doubt my favorite movie ever! I hated the first movie in this trilogy so I was nervous about this one. Heath Ledger was absolutely stunning as the joker. I own this movie on DVD, Blu-Ray and on iTunes. I watch it at least a few times a month!
Brooklyn, NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Out of all the batman movies , this series with Christian Bale were by far the best movies . This one was my favorite . Ledger was and still is to my opinion one of the best Jokers ever and I don't think no one will be ever to replace that spot .
Kaitlyn B.
Incredible movie! Not your typical cheesy super hero movie. The script, the storyline, the cast , everything just comes together in the most action packed movie. Highly recommend. Watched it several times in theater and several times on dvd.
Alyssa H.
St Petersburg, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Wasn't this one of the best ones made?!I sure think so!
Kaitlyn S.
Lakeland, FL
What were some of your favorite parts in this movie?
Melissa L.
Toronto, ON
When they're transferring Harvey to the jail, that whole driving and fighting scene always keeps me on edge! So many good moments though!
Michelle T.
Sacramento, CA
Favorite heath ledger movie ?
McCall V.
Birmingham, AL
This isn't a question, just fact that this is the best movie ever