BY CHRISTOPHER NOLAN

As a young boy, Bruce Wayne watched in horror as his millionaire parents were slain in front of him--a trauma that leads him to become obsessed with revenge. But the opportunity to avenge his parents' deaths is cruelly taken away from him by fate. Fleeing to the East, where he seeks counsel with the dangerous but honorable ninja cult leader known as Ra's Al-Ghul, Bruce returns to his now decaying Gotham City, which is overrun by organized crime and other dangerous individuals manipulating the system. Meanwhile, Bruce is slowly being swindled out of Wayne Industries, the company he inherited. The discovery of a cave under his mansion, along with a prototype armored suit, leads him to assume a new persona, one which will strike fear into the hearts of men who do wrong; he becomes Batman!!! see more...

Christopher Nolan Batman Begins
  • "Not only do we see Gotham in the daylight, but Christian Bale may also be the first Bruce Wayne who's more at home crouching in a monastery with his hair in his eyes than attending a dinner party for which he'd have to trim his nails." in 5 reviews
Natasha R.
Oregon, WI
I love this movie, and I love this trilogy. Batman Begins gives a great origin story following the League of Shadows and Ras Al Ghul. We all know the story of Bruce Wayne but this gives a different backstory than other Batman movies. It is dark and gritty just how a Batman movie should be!
Elaine B.
San Francisco, CA
I love any Batman movie. I'm a product of the 90's, so the über colorful Robert Zemekis movies are golden to me. That being said, I love the darkness that Christopher Nolan infused into this movie. I like how it focuses more on Bruce Wayne's inner pain. And he kicks some major ass, which is always good!
Michael S.
If there is one Batman film anyone should see, this is it. It's a superhero film with a dark tone that's very well-written with nothing but incredible actors involved. Not only do we see Gotham in the daylight, but Christian Bale may also be the first Bruce Wayne who's more at home crouching in a monastery with his hair in his eyes than attending a dinner party for which he'd have to trim his nails.
tracy b.
Hershey, PA
I have to admit, I'm not a comic follower. I grew up watching the Adam West series in reruns and the Michael Keaton/ Jack Nicholson version on the big screen. so this dark version, I just didn't "get".

The acting was good but I didn't like the tone and darkness. I know it is true to the comic series of the same name.....I just didn't appreciate it.
Xia Y.
Orlando, FL
I love this movie and how it portrayed him. This is a great way to get to know the Dark Knight and his past, the only issues with the movie was the voice he was doing when he was Batman, other than that it's one that I'd pick up and watch again.
Angelique L.
Honolulu, HI
Don't shoot the messenger, but I hated the first and third movie in this franchise. For me Dark Knight was the best, but the first was too slow and the last was too much going on and they tried too much at once. Bad follow through.
Thera H.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is my favorite Batman film to date. I really enjoyed seeing how Bruce Wayne became Batman. I thought the storyline in this movie was really great was well. I think this is a must see for any Batman fan.
Nicole T.
Hamburg, PA
Amazing movie! Bale is an amazing actor and portrayed batman excellently. This whole series is great, I would highly recommend it to anyone who not only loves batman, but to anyone who loves a good action kovie
Ashlyn R.
Ladonia, TX
This is the first of the three in Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy, and i think he did a really good job with grabbing the audience's attention! Christian Bale did an excellent job playing batman.
Lizzette P.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I really like this movie because the Director brought out the dark side of Batman to the screen and really understand who Bruce Wayne is. The whole trilogy was awesome and it is a must see!