Christian Mingle

by Christian Mingle

ChristianMingle is an online community created specifically for Christian singles looking to meet other Christians, to make new friends or to find a life-long partner that shares similar values, traditions and beliefs.

What's the monthly cost?
Who has tried this website?
Start your review of Christian Mingle!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“I think dating sites arent the best thing to go to if your looking for a relationship, go out and find someone, not off some cheesy dating site, seems kind of sketchy in a way also” in 7 reviews
Charlottesville
This was a waste of my money. I wish I would’ve did my research before joining this site, there is only a few people for me to choose from and either of us seem interested in one another I’m just on the site just to be I’m having no interaction with anyone.
Whenever a business decides to put itself before its customers, I feel an urge to share my story with others (in a hopefully calm, rational, and unbiased way). ChristianMingle recently gave me this urge. I actively used ChristianMingle from May 2015 to March 2016, which is when I met my current girlfriend (I met her on another website, not ChristianMingle). I had a good experience using it, but then I was charged for an auto-renewal of $113.94 in May 2016. I emailed them telling them my situation and that I had forgotten that I would be charged for an auto-renewal for an additional 6 months when my time was up. I have a lot of memberships - some auto-renew and some don't, so it's tough to keep track of. The overwhelming majority of businesses understand this and are understanding when I ask if I can get a refund from an auto-renew (I've probably had this happen about 5 other times - all the businesses were totally cool giving me a refund). I emailed them asking if I could get a refund since I hadn't used their website since March (when I entered my current relationship) and had no intention of using it for the time being. I thought this was a reasonable request, but they didn't think so. They told me several times that it's in their "Terms" that I accepted and I should've been more on top of it and canceled my service before the auto-renewal hit. I told them that's fine, but I promised I would never use their service again if they wouldn't make this exception. They told me to call them so they could assist me with my recent charge. After 4 call attempts on 3 different days (they closed over 2 hours early one day, closed for lunch another, long hold time), they finally pick up. They look into my situation and tell me that they aren't going to give me a refund, because I basically should've known better and should've canceled my subscription before the auto-renew charge occurred (thank you for making me feel like a 14-year old getting a lecture from an adult again). Essentially it was all my fault. I find it funny that they told me to call them so they could "assist me with my recent charge" by telling me exactly what they told me over email. I told them I would never use their service again if this was the stance they were going to take and they seemed fine with it (they must have all the money and business they could possibly want). Like I said earlier, this is one of those rare occasions where the business puts itself before its customers and I thought I should share my story so others don't need to experience the same thing. They knew my situation, they knew I hadn't used their service since March, and still decided to charge me thru November while giving me a lecture about how I'm not a responsible person, because it was in their "Terms" agreement. Blessings, A calm, rational, and unbiased customer
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Didn't like Christian mingle. I feel like some people are way to religious and other just pretend. The really religious guys are mean and just always looking for a flaws and the other ones are gross. Just awful.
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
Free to create a profile and just look and be looked at BUT if anyone sends you a message, you CANNOT open it until you pay AT LEAST $30 + fee and that only covers you for a month. You can set your parameters for who you'd like to find and communicate with BUT not only do you have to be leery of liars but you have to remember that YOU might fit someone elses parameters so they will try contacting you. Many people that tried communicating with me were looking for sex or WAY older than my age limit which was disgusting. Not to mention, many of the men on the site are NOT Christian and will admit that just wanted a "dirty good girl." FAIL.
North Liberty, IA
I signed up for ChristianMingle on behalf of a friend of mine who's incarcerated (at his request). That being said, I went through the arduous process of creating the profile, setting up the info, and all that jazz with his information, but had to put my email as a contact one on it. They approved the profile, then sent me an email, telling me that I violated the ToS. I understand that some people may see this as fraudulent use, but I had his permission (and his temporary PoA) to do this. I thought it wasn't a very 'Christian' move of theirs to reject this.
Honestly? You need a dating site for Christianity? Every other dating site has options for religious preference and matching your religious preference, and Christianity isn't a minority group. If you walk outside, nearly every other person you meet will be Christian. It's idiotic to create a dating site for a majority group. The point of other more specific dating sites is to key into a pool of people that do not already make up the majority of the consumers in the industry.
Lawton, OK
This is another dating service I was forced into by friends (Can you tell I'm not a huge fan of dating sites?) and I don't see the point. You really can't do or see much on here unless you wanna pay. Which if that's how you want to spend your money, good for you. But not me.
Christian Mingle is a good website hypothetically. It does allow Christians to connect with other Christians, but this does not always work well. Often times, you'll find users who are not serious. They bag on Christians or mock Christians. I'm not sure how this could be fixed, but this is something that should be addressed. It's an okay site, but needs better security.
Was disappointed in this site. Some features should be free, such as messaging people. I believe some of the people are just using the term "Christian" because of the connotations associated with being a Christian.
Ann Arbor, MI
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
As far as internet dating goes, this isn't one of the best. It would suit your time better to use Match.com, it still has religious preferences. Definitely a lot of people on this site that claim to be Christian, but have highly inappropriate photos and superficial personalities.