BY NONE

Personnel: Biff Watson (acoustic guitar); Kenny Greenberg, Brent Mason (electric guitar); Paul Franklin (steel guitar, dobro); Aubrey Haynie (mandolin, fiddle); Dave Angell, Conni Ellisor, Mary Kathryn Van Osdale, Pamela Sixfin, David Davidson, Alan Umstead, Catherine Umstead (violin); Betsy Lamb, Kristin Wilkinson, Jim Grosjean (viola); Carole Rabinowitz, Anthony LaMarchina (cello); Steve Nathan (piano, organ); Shannon Forrest (drums); Wes Hightower (background vocals).Audio Mixer: Julian King. Liner Note Author: Judy Forde-Blair. Recording information: LOUD Recording; Oceanway Studios. Photographer: Randee St. Nicholas. If Chris Young has a signature, it's his plainspoken likableness. Not the flashiest of singers, Young certainly isn't lacking in personality, something that goes a long way in distinguishing his clean commercial country. Walking a thin line between hard country and its sweeter pop cousin, Young sells hooks and sentimentality without pushing too hard, leaving just enough grit and twang to keep his country grounded. He perfects this trick on his third album, 2011's Neon, a sturdy collection of tunes with no frills but plenty of appeal. Young often does slip into some sappiness, reminiscing about times spent fixing the car with his father over a "Flashlight" and remember words of wisdom from his granddaddy on "Old Love Feels Now," yet his writer's eye for telling details and his conversational delivery prevent the tunes from getting treacly, a trait that also comes in handy on the love songs and heartbroken honky tonk, the latter providing such fine moments as the first single "Tomorrow" and the barroom ballad title track. That ease also surfaces on the livelier moments, when he lays back on the sunny "I Can Take It from There," when he rides a bouncing backroads groove on "Lost," and when he kicks up some serious twang on "Save Water, Drink Beer," whose sense of humor recalls Brad Paisley. Unlike Paisley or other peers like Keith Urban and Blake. see more...

• "He's definitely bringing back the country music." in 1 review
Laura M.
Louisville, KY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I could write about Chris Young all day honestly. He is by far my favorite singer on this planet. His voice is amazing. It soothes me. I know all his songs word for word. His lyrics are so on point. He actually writes about real things and life. He is a great performer as well. Can truly sing. Doesn't need to lip sync or anything. Truly gold.
Marcie M.
Davison , MI
1,192 reviews
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
He is definitely one of my favorite country music artists. He has an amazing voice and his songs are always fabulous. I don’t think there’s a song by him that I do not like, who sings mostly about love and losing somebody, which a lot of people can relate to. He is a great artist with a beautiful voice
Dominique R.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love Chris young and this album! My favorite songs on here are neon and tomorrow! Both are amazing songs! I would love to see him in concert if he ever came to my town! I would definitely recommend this to someone who is a country music fan!
Ashleigh P.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
My love for Chris Young and his amazing voice is forever. I love any album from him and this album is awesome. His songs just make you want to get up and start dancing with someone that you love. I love the small twang he has in his voice and just how deep his voice is. It's unique. I definitely recommend checking out his music if you love country music!
Jessica D.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
One of my favorite country musicians. He is keeping the true country sound whereas most 'country' musicians are really just pop now. He has a very smooth, manly voice and catchy songs. He is someone that my husband and I can listen to together so we don't have to fight over the radio.
Evan A.
El Paso, TX
This man has one of the best voices in country that I've ever heard. I love his lyrics, I love the instrumentation. Great vocal composition. His live shows are out of this world. Never a disappointment. Chris Young is quickly becoming one of the greats.
Caylyn C.
Ford City, PA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I love him and all off his music. This is an older album but I started listening to it all over again yesterday and haven't been able to stop. His voice is wonderful and his music is always heart felt. Can't go wrong with Chris Young
Somer C.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Awesome album, awesome songs, awesome artist! Love this country singer and his voice! His songs stand out a little more then other and I love that! I have his album on my Spotify playlist and would recommend to any country lover
Nancy W.
Palm Bay, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Chris Young is one of my favorite country artist! He has an amazing voice and very relatable songs on this album. I would definitely recommend this album to anyone who likes country and if you haven't listened to his music before.
Marly J.
Lakeside, CA
Chris Young is one of my favorite new and upcoming artists. I have seen him 3 times and he was amazing each time. His songs are catchy, he is very personable and puts on an amazing show. Please go see him if you can!
Alyssa S.
What is your favorite song on this album?
Chelsea L.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Favorite song from this album?
Sara D.
Sacramento, CA
Does anyone know if he has a new album?
Lauren A.
What is your favorite song and why?
Crystal G.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Favorite song on this album❓❓❓