chicco® NextFit Convertible Car Seat

by Chicco

The #1-rated Convertible Car Seat in America!
The NextFit® is engineered with innovative functionality to fit your vehicle and your child simply, accurately, and securely.

Easiest to Install Correctly
NextFit® features a 9-position ReclineSure® leveling system and RideRight® bubble level-indicators to help achieve and verify proper angle in the vehicle seat. Premium LATCH connectors and a SuperCinch® force-multiplying tightener help achieve a secure installation with a fraction of the effort. (When it’s time to switch from rear-facing to forward-facing, the LATCH strap passes easily through the built-in slide path for proper repositioning.) NextFit® also has integrated belt lock-offs for alternate installation with the vehicle seat belt.

From Newborn through Preschool
NextFit® is built for growth with a removable infant insert and a six-position headrest. As the headrest is raised, the shoulder strap position also raises and widens to accommodate growing children without re-threading. The harness also features a one-pull tightener and removable, machine-washable shoulder pads.

• NextFit® has a steel-reinforced frame and is lined with EPS energy-absorbing foam for superior side-impact protection.
  • ReclineSure® 9-position leveling system for an accurate fit in a wider range of vehicles
  • Dual RideRight® bubble level-indicators verify seat angle in both rear-facing and forward-facing modes
  • Premium connectors and a SuperCinch® tightener help achieve a secure installation with LATCH
  • Integrated belt lock-offs for alternate installation with vehicle seat belt
  • 6-position headrest and no-rethread harness with one-pull tightener
  • Removable infant insert accommodates infants from 5-11 lbs
  • Integrated slide path to reposition LATCH strap when converting from rear-facing to forward-facing
  • Removable cup holder for use on either side of the seat
  • Steel-reinforced frame with EPS energy-absorbing foam is side-impact tested for superior protection

How easy is it to get your child in and out of this. I am short and don’t want a huge car seat that I won’t be able to easily get my child out of. Thanks
how is this for infants? My four month old has outgrown her infant seat and I want something comfortable for her!
I need some help on this one! Pros and cons? How safe would you feel with your little one in it? Suggestions to a different carseat if you don't recommend this one? Thanks!
Start your review of chicco® NextFit Convertible Car Seat!
Product Highlights
“I am currently pregnant and after many weeks of research we decided on this as our "convertible car seat" and I couldn't be happier. ” in reviews
“Our daughter was close to outgrowing her infant seat so we made the switch and she is so happy and I am happy knowing that she is safe and comfortable.” in reviews
“Just bought this and so far I love it, it is in the middle between my sons two carseats and its very easy to get my daughter in and out of it. ” in reviews
“For long car rides, this is great because you can recline them a bit to allow them to sleep. ” in reviews
“My son loves his seat.” in reviews
Puyallup, WA
I love this car seat! We got it for my oldest daughter at Target when she was about 7 months and we are still using it. She just turned 4! It is so cushy for her. It feels solid and durable and my favorite part is how easy it is to install. 3 steps and you're done! It is a little pricey, but totally worth it. You can't put a price on your child's safety, right? Of course, in the last 4 years we have had blowouts, potty training accidents, and stomach flu. The great thing is that it is very easy to take apart and clean! We are excited to get our youngest in one pretty soon!
La Blanca, TX
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
This was my sons 2nd carseat. The first was the chicco key fit, then this came along and we purchased in a heartbeat. Chicco products are great. This one is like a bucket seat they sink into and I feel like it's a little seat of protection. The only downside is the fabric used to make this is the type that snags, so watch your rings and anything velcro! It's worth every penny for all the safety features. I highly recommend this.
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
I absolutely love these car seats! Both of my girls 1 and 3 ride in these and have since they graduated from the Chicco Keyfit 30. They have plenty of space and are able to recline or sit up at different levels. They are a little bit in the bulkier side which I don’t mind at all. They are also very easy to wipe clean which is important to me as a mom of two toddlers. I highly recommend the Chicco Car Seats.
Four oaks, NC
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Love this seat. It can grow with your child, from the time there born. Facing it backward and when old enuff, can have your child front facing.. and its very safe for your child and secure.
Boise, ID
We were gifted this by my mother and I absolutely love this car seat...yes it's a bit steep but honestly when it comes to your child's safety it is so worth it. My daughter loves it, she's a bit on the tall side so we were concerned about having her ride rear facing for as long as possible, this fits the bill! She's 16 months old and still riding rear facing and has room to grow. Love this carseat!
Buford , GA
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
chicco® NextFit Convertible Car Seat uploaded by Colleen S.
We have the Chicco nextfit zip and LOVE it! It's super easy to install and although it is heavy it feels super safe and sturdy. I love how easy it is to clean and how comfeterable it is for my girls. The rearfacing limits allow for extended rearfacing to keep kids safe!
Ankeny, IA
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Great car seat for your toddler ! However the straps can get twisted easily making it harder to tighten them. Can be forward or rear facing so can get many years of use out of it . chicco® NextFit Convertible Car Seat
Cowen, WV
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
I absolutely love love love this car seat! It is constructed from very good materials. It is a little heavy but. Once it is strapped in it does not more anywhere. It is very comfortable for my little one! Can't go wrong with anything Chicco brand!
spring hill
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Car seat feels nice and safe. Easy hook up and my baby loves the room she gets in it. Not so easy to tighten once installed nor to loosen and tighten the harness straps. Wish there was a buckle hide away too. Seat is pretty big and doesn’t really fit in our vehicle but I’ll take safety over room any day.
Honey Grove, TX
Love this product! My daughter loved this product and my step son uses this product as well. We love it becasue it is easy to remove and just snaps in. It isn't totally ugly like most car seats either. The child is comfortable in this seat and I would recomend this product to all parents!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...