BY CHICCO #1 in Car Seats

Start your baby off safely with the chicco keyfit 30 infant car seat in radius. This infant car seat is very easy to install correctly so you have no worries about how to fit it in place. Using a latch system, it s a quick fit; for vehicles without latch the base has a built-in belt locking system. The removable newborn insert is designed to gently cradle your precious cargo and give them a comfortable ride with all the support they need. As your child grows, remove the insert and you can continue to use this car seat as it is rated up to 30 pounds and 30 . Meets astm standards, federal motor vehicle safety standards and is... see more...

• Is this s bulky car seat? I have a small car. 2 Answers
  • Does this come with a base?16 Answers
  • My friend is dying to buy this! Does anyone know if the c...2 Answers
Rebecca V.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
We purchased this seat in a different color.
Pros:
Easy install
We felt our son was safe
He seemed comfortable

Cons (kind of)
I hated the sun canopy! It was so small and always got stuck. I would give less stars for this but I was in an accident and had to replace the seat. They no longer sold the one we had and the newer version had a much nicer canopy! It's now much more generous. I will say that we tried the keyfit air between and hated it. My son didn't fit well in it at all. The only other thing that I didn't like was the padding by his head. It just didn't fit right and pushed his head forward.

Sure there were some things I didn't like but I'd buy it again
Sassha C.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
We have this car seat in a grey polka dot print. It’s been used with our oldest who is two and our 10 month old who is still currently using it. I love the ease of use of both the car seat and the car seat base that it clicks into. Taking the car seat in and out is a breeze. I also looked up a lot and this one was a top rated seat when we purchased for our first child in 2015 and it’s held up great. I definitely recommend this seat to anyone I know.
Jenn G.
Atascadero, CA
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Love this seat! Both my girls were tall so I didn’t use this up until they hit 30 lbs but it was great for us until then. Easy to install the base in the cars, and baby seemed to like it as they both fell asleep quickly every time! Nice color options as well from neutral to vibrant!
Ashley L.
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
I had this carseat when my daughter was younger except I had the gray and white one. I loved it. It was very durable. It is easy to get in and out. But it does become very heavy and then you add your child in it and it's very heavy. But worth the money for sure.
Kryssie H.
Atlanta, GA
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I love the KeyFit 30 system, it’s easy to install. On top of being very user friendly, it’s cute and it works with my Urban stroller system too. I really like the complete set. The price is not bad in comparison to other stylish stroller and seat brands, also it’s not bulky which is the most important thing because we drive a small car.
Brandi C.
Las Vegas
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I used to have this car seat until my sister in law 'misplaced' it... both my husband and I loved it because it was so easy to install and to load the baby in the car with. It didn't take up a ton of space either
Nicole B.
We have this car seat for our newborn and absolutely love it!! At times it can seem heavy. But in comparison to others it is pretty lightweight. I also love how easy it is to transport from car to car!
Channing C.
CAVE CITY, KY
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
We love our keyfit 30. I was super pleased with it from day one. I thought it was awesome for the price where it came with the base carseat the wind blocker an also the full newborn set. I love the base makes it so easy to just snap them in when out an about instead of fighting to buckle the car seat in an get it just right
Kayla P.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Love love love this car seat! As a first time mom, I️ looked into just about every car seat ever made before deciding which one was the best choice for our baby girl. It’s super easy to install, easy to clean and comes in a bunch of colors so you can use it for whatever gender
Kayla R.
We love this car seat. We used it for our daughter for ten months and will use it for our baby soon. It is easy to use, easy to clean, and has great safety ratings. Our daughter never fussed about being in it, so that is a plus, too.
Kenya J.
Does this come with a base?
Angie N.
Is it lightweight? Can you adjust it so baby can lay to sleep or sit up?
Jessica H.
Longview , WA
Alright all you Chicco moms: Does this car seat come with a base? Or do you have to buy that separately? I'm a FOM, and I'm trying to get ready for our baby. I'm hoping this comes with a base so I can buy an extra for our baby's grandparents! This is all so new to me!
heidi c.
Moreno Valley, CA
How fast do babies grow out of these the price makes me iffy on getting it if they grow out of it quicker other convertible car seats?
Kayla W.
Portageville, MO
I have heard good things about this brand. Would anyone recommend this to be a good quality and safety car seat and why?