CHI Turbo Low EMF Professional Hair Dryer with Diffuser uploaded by Dana G.

BY CHI #11 in Hair Dryers

Ceramic    Anion    Infrared 1300 Watts Low EMF Dries Hair Faster Ions that provide Shinier Hair Quiet Speed Motor Ceramic Heater Ergonomically Designed Lightweight Ionic Infrared Light 2 Speed Setting Cold Shot Button CHI Diffuser Included ; This CHI® product is only under warranty if purchased from a Professional Salon. The purchase of this CHI® product will not be guaranteed if purchased through any other outlets including the internet. Please Note: This item has been built to U.S. electronics specifications and may need additional modifications or converters to be used in countries other than the U.S. and Canada. see more...

• How well does this work? Is it actually worth the money? I need a h...1 Answers
Marisa D.
Marisa D.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have used "drugstore" brand blowdryers for years and they are great for just getting the job done. My pink Conair I've had for quite some time. It's small and easy to travel with, but it does take quite a while to completely dry my hair. The Chi Low EMF dryer is WONDERFUL. I purchased mine over the summer when Ulta had them on sale for what was basically half price. This bad boy gets my hair totally dry in half the time my Conair would take. I have long, thick hair too, so this is quite a feat. I also feel like it's better for the health of my hair. It has two primary settings, low and high, plus a cool setting. But the highest setting doesn't feel like it's totally damaging my hair. Seriously, spend the money on this dryer. It's worth it. It saves energy and saves your hair!
Sara S.
Sara S.
Wheaton, IL
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a great hair dryer, and truly is professional quality. I've mentioned in a previous post that my dad is a professional hair stylist, who has previously taught continuing education for other stylists. This is actually the blowdryer that he uses at his salon. I've used it before, and it does a great job of drying quickly with minimal damage to the hair. He obviously uses it all day long on many clients, and it has lasted him for over 2 years already. Great product!
Madison B.
Madison B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
My friend uses this hair dryer, and I've tried it a few times. I think it works really well if you have super curly hair, because the diffuser is perfect for drying curls. Other than that, it's not groundbreaking for the rest of hair types.
Mary Jane R.
Mary Jane R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
The chi dryer works okay but Ive had two of them die after only a year. If I spend that much on a dryer I expect it to last more then a year.
Rebekah L.
Rebekah L.
Pittsburgh, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have thick, curly hair and it is very hard to find a dryer powerful enough to dry all of my hair.
I also use the defuser attachment. I am extremely picky about my defusers because "drugstore" brand defusers are usually too narrow and do not give my curls the full body I desire.
I actually did not buy this dryer, my mom did. I used it once when visiting her and fell in love immediately.
She got me one later as a gift, and I was so excited.

I love this blow dryer very  much, especially the defuser.
Meagan W.
Meagan W.
Alexandria, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I bought this on sale at ulta with a coupon- it was an amazing decision! I've never used a high end hair dryer before this and mine was old and not working properly- so I decided I needed a good hair dryer- I'm so glad I splurged on this because now I rarely pull out my flat iron or curling iron- I just dry my hair with a round brush and it styles so nicely! (I have thick and long straight hair, I've never been able to fully dry my hair before this product-partially due to my inexperience with it but also my previous hair dryer was not up to the task)
Kelsey W.
Kelsey W.
Zebulon, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
Best hair dryer I have ever tried. I lucked out and found it on sale at Ulta with a free tote. You know how you usually have super frizzy hair after you blow dry...yeah well not with this. I also use a special hairbrush while drying my hair to keep the frizz to a minimum, but the time drying my hair was cut down and the way my hair felt afterward was exactly what I was aiming for! Highly recommend!
Kassidy M.
Kassidy M.
Smithville, MO
Beauty Junkie Expert
I used this hair dryer for almost 2 years. Just like the straighteners (I went through 2) they seem to break or just not turn back on after that amount of time. The hair dryer was good while I used it. I didn't use the diffuser much, because with my hair type I didn't really need it, however the dryer itself worked fine and got the job done. Just wish it would have lasted longer!
Kimberley F.
Kimberley F.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Dries fairly quickly.  It is lightweight.  But with the combination of hair product and this dryer it does not cut down on frizz. I bought this dryer at Ulta.  It is a little expensive for a hair dryer but did use a coupon. I am still on a search of a good hair dryer for my hair type.  My hair is fine but lots of it and it is part wavy and part curly.
Shelby M.
Shelby M.
Atlanta, GA
Personally I really like this blowdryer! However I havent actually had another one side by side to do a proper test. I think that it is very effective in drying your hair quick which I am all about in the mornings. I love all of their hot tools so I have added this to the mix of chi products I use regularly. Im not sure if I love this blow dryer bc it is name-brand or if it's because it actually works that well though
Emily L.
Emily L.
Morristown, TN
How well does this work? Is it actually worth the money? I need a hair dryer to blow out my hair I have thick hair any advice is welcomed!